+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 02/09 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 02/09 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Melissa lost that 19 lbs the first week, then the game playing started. I do not buy her I worked so hard and gained 1 lb story. No one else on campus did. And then to lose the weight at home. She is playing the game.
    There's no place like home!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3824028;
    Melissa lost that 19 lbs the first week, then the game playing started. I do not buy her I worked so hard and gained 1 lb story. No one else on campus did. And then to lose the weight at home. She is playing the game.
    I'm with you...if she hadn't lost the 19 pounds the first week, then maybe I would think she had a problem. But since she did...I don't buy anything. She also was way too cool with going home. She does look good...I wonder how tall she is?

I'm just praying that during this 3-week break, Lance decides to cut that hair on his "chiny, chin chin!"

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3824158;
    I'm with you...if she hadn't lost the 19 pounds the first week, then maybe I would think she had a problem. But since she did...I don't buy anything. She also was way too cool with going home. She does look good...I wonder how tall she is?

I'm just praying that during this 3-week break, Lance decides to cut that hair on his "chiny, chin chin!"
    I'm with you guys! She was so playing the game and really didn't hide it UNTIL the trainers called her out and then she just lied. I too don't think she was the least bit surprised this week. It felt like she totally expected that result to me. I even went back and watched her weigh in a second time. However, I am really glad that she is having success at home. Don't want her to win at home prize but it's good to see she's working on the weight still.

Miggy is a force to be reckoned (sp) with. She could win this whole thing. They should have gotten rid of her instead of the daughter (as a game play move).

The son calling his Mom hot was kinda creepy to me.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3824965;
    Miggy is a force to be reckoned (sp) with. She could win this whole thing. They should have gotten rid of her instead of the daughter (as a game play move).

Awww... I thought it was cute and harmless. Plus, I figured the producers probably coached him to say it.
    Wake up and be awesome

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3824965;

My teenage kids both said that was creepy! My daughter found it especially creepy. They said that even at her sons age it would have just been really weird to make that comment.

I agree with those who say that it sounded like something he was told to say.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3824978;
    My teenage kids both said that was creepy! My daughter found it especially creepy. They said that even at her sons age it would have just been really weird to make that comment.

I agree with those who say that it sounded like something he was told to say.
    Yeah...my hubby and teenage son both thought it was kinda of creepy and weird also!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3824028;
    I didn't buy it either, at first. But what strategic value is there to what she did this week? If she waterloaded to be sure Lance wouldn't go home, she did it way too soon. There's still 13 people left on the ranch, and now he's alone. She said herself that she couldn't win the prize, and she's right. That goes for the at-home prize as well. She doesn't have a big enough percentage to lose, overall, to be in competition for that, and I think she's smart enough to know it.

As for losing weight at home, she did, but it was only 20ish pounds, wasn't it? That's not all that much. And she lost a fair amount at the ranch when you combine her big weeks and her nothing weeks - what's to say she isn't losing weight in that same strange pattern at home?

I guess I just feel obligated at this point to give her the benefit of the doubt. She definitely seems to be serious about losing weight. Her goodbye speech was classy, I loved the way she was working out with her kids at home. No one has to like the relationship between her and Lance, but it does seem to work for them. In any case, I wish her luck.

I would really like to know how much time there is in between someone going home and the actual showing of the show. For example we saw Melissa go home Tuesday, but when did she really go home? I think that would help in figuring out how fast the person is losing at home.
    I hope I said this right.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

I would really like to know how much time there is in between someone going home and the actual showing of the show. For example we saw Melissa go home Tuesday, but when did she really go home? I think that would help in figuring out how fast the person is losing at home.
    Good question. I've always assumed that it's at least 2 months or so, but I don't know for sure. It would also be interesting to know if everyone's time between getting kicked off and "what the player looks like today" is the same or not. For example, either Darrell or Cheryl left the show the same night as Melissa (at least it appears that way) but we won't see their "what the player looks like today" for another 3 weeks. So did they film Melissa's segment and the other player's segment at the same time, or might the other player have 3 more weeks to lose weight before taping that?

+ Reply to Thread