+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBL on The Doctors

PWS
    FORT Fogey

TBL on The Doctors

This is a morning show where I live---4 doctors discussing serious stuff as well as the dangers of Latisse or whatever it's called.
    Anyway, just caught a bit by accident, and in a preview they said they were having a contestant from TBL on who had lost a couple hundred lbs....my impression was a past winner. It was a guy I didn't recognize, but frankly these people change so much that unless it's someone I've seen a lot since, like Susie's husband, I haven't seen enough of them thin to recognize them.
    He was fairhaired and still thin.
    So, to the interesting part, the guy said...apparently in response to a question... "everyone wants to know" and started to pull his shirt out of his pants. My guess is, it's our favorite question from a few years ago...what happens to all the loose skin, what do you really look like with your shirt off now.?.. could be wrong, but tune in to see!
    It's supposed to be on Friday Feb. 5th I believe.

Re: TBL on The Doctors

It's Danny, the winner from last season. He is definitely unrecognizable from when he started on TBL. I assumed that the plastic surgeon on The Doctors will be offering to remove his excess skin. I didn't know the air date of that show though, thanks PWS.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Kiz

I've seen the commercial for The Doctors, and Danny will be on the show tomorrow. He looks amazing!
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Rats, I slept too late! Did anyone see it?

It's on at 4pm on CBS in the Washington DC area. I have already set my timer. Unless of course the Storm of the Century disrupts the cable service. We are supposed to get 20 to 30 inches of snow today and tomorrow. I know where I will be working out tomorrow; the driveway. The snow shovel workout really is great for your legs, back and forearms wonder why Jillian and Bob never use it?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3819294;
    It's on at 4pm on CBS in the Washington DC area. I have already set my timer. Unless of course the Storm of the Century disrupts the cable service. We are supposed to get 20 to 30 inches of snow today and tomorrow. I know where I will be working out tomorrow; the driveway. The snow shovel workout really is great for your legs, back and forearms wonder why Jillian and Bob never use it?
    The downside of filming in CA! they could do a shovel with dirt though...and some lessons on how to shovel without throwing out your whole back.
    I'm looking forward to your report!

Kiz

The Doctors was on a couple of hours ago here. Danny was on for a short segment toward the end of the show. He looks so much younger now, that I can't believe he's the same person.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3819311;
    The Doctors was on a couple of hours ago here. Danny was on for a short segment toward the end of the show. He looks so much younger now, that I can't believe he's the same person.
    So what was the shirt pulling up about? The extra skin issue? Or showing off abs or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3819294;
    The show never appeared due to the storm the news is all over the place. Rats!

I went over to CBS.com but I guess they don't show individual episodes of The Doctors online.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-05-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3819427;
    So what was the shirt pulling up about? The extra skin issue? Or showing off abs or what?

He was showing his stretched out skin. It was actually not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's pretty saggy and wrinkly. His chest is also in sorry shape. A plastic surgeon was on and offered his services to him, and Danny "acted" surprised. Of course, he was very grateful.

When they first brought him out, they had a bar bell with the same amount of weight he'd lost. It was so much, he couldn't even pick it up.

Other than some flashbacks from TBL, and a display of food equaling the 7,000(?) calories he used to consume in a day, there much else in his segment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast