+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Interview with Migdalia.

Biggest Loser’s Migdalia: Jillian Took the Wrong Approach with Me - PEOPLE TV Watch

The Biggest Loser

Biggest Loser’s Migdalia: Jillian Took the Wrong Approach with Me
    January 28, 2010
    When The Biggest Loser’s Green Team lost the least amount of weight — only 5 lbs. — at Tuesday’s dramatic weigh-in, the other teams were forced to deliberate on whether to send home Migdalia Sebren, the 28 year-old homemaker from Sanford, N.C., or her mother Miggy, 48. After pleading with her competitors to let her mom stay, Migdalia had to leave the Ranch. She spoke with reporters Wednesday about losing nearly 60 lbs., her emotional confrontation with Jillian Michaels and feeling like a winner — even if she’s not The Biggest Loser. –Nina Tyler

What was behind your plea to go home at the vote?
    My decision was based on my mom. I truly believe my mom needed [to stay] more than me. There were certain things that I worked through that week and I knew what I needed to work on and my mom had not hit that point.

You and Jillian did not see eye-to-eye. Did you ever have the emotional breakthrough that she wanted you to have?
    The way that she approached it was the wrong way. And to break through to my own things, I did it by myself. I’m a really cold person and I deal with my personal things on my own. That’s just everyday life — you choose to work through things. I’m doing it day by day.

Have you found working out to be hard since you’ve been back home?
    In the beginning it was a little bit rough, but now I actually enjoy it. I try to do a routine that I’ll actually have fun with it. I don’t go and do a workout just because I have to. To me that’s just harder. I do things that I like to do and I have fun with it.

Have the changes you’re making had an effect on your children?
    I’m almost a single parent. Since my husband is gone, I try to do everything with them. We go to the park and do things together. When I take them to ride their bikes, we all do it together. What works for me is that I started growing my own vegetables; my daughter helps me to cook so she eats the vegetables and everything is working well with that.

How much weight have you lost and how is your fitness progress going?
    Almost 60 pounds. I’m training for a half marathon that I’m going to do in March and I’m doing great.

You were eliminated, but do you still feel like a winner with the weight that you have lost?
    Everyday! I’m proud of myself for what I’m doing, regardless of what anybody else thinks. I’m losing weight every week and I’m doing it for me, not for anybody else. Yes, I feel like a winner everyday because I’m making the right decisions. I’m pretty motivated and I just want to live life. I appreciate every day when I get up, see the sun shine . . . [I'm] looking forward to what the future got for me.

Was this a positive experience for you?
    It was . . . everything has there ups and downs but at the end of it, yeah, it was a good experience.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

surprise, surprise....she's a cold person....who would have thunk?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Has she watched the show? Jillian deals with everyone that way! Jillian is not the type of "cuddle up to you girlfriend" who tries to coax the emotions out of you. She attacks them out of you. Make you confront them and deal with them. I would never expect anything else from her.

FORT Fogey

Bearcata and mandmmom I agree with you completely.

It was unsettling to watch someone stick to a lie so fervently and have her husband back her up with more anger! Wow, just wow. Their display may very well set the scene to admit water loading in seasons to come. There is no shame in that. It is a game afterall.

CCL, I believe, absolutey, that Lance did waterload. He was just careful not to overdo it. Jillian and Bob knew this too but his number was not drastic enough to mention it. Lance will gave a grand showing next week.

I would like to see next season if a person/team receives immunity and gains weight then the immunity is gone. This will stop the water loading, not working out, etc. I would not tell the team until weigh in. Just say there is a twist to the immunity and it will be revealed at weigh in. Ok I am mean
    There's no place like home!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3812801;
    I would like to see next season if a person/team receives immunity and gains weight then the immunity is gone. This will stop the water loading, not working out, etc. I would not tell the team until weigh in. Just say there is a twist to the immunity and it will be revealed at weigh in. Ok I am mean
    I think that is a great idea!

I personally don't have a problem with them drinking water before the weigh in...I think I would do it too. Let's face it, they are going to lose more weight at the ranch and that is the main goal, right? Well, I guess the money is a pretty good incentive as well. So if I had immunity and by drinking some water to help with my weight loss next week, I would do it. The people on the show are in a point where they are in trouble, and they need to treat it as such. If they had cancer, I don't think people would mind if they drank a little extra water to help them with a cure.

HOWEVER...just admit it, don't lie about it! That lady is so stupid for talking! She couldn't keep the smile off her face when she said she felt so bad that she felt like having a cheeseburger. Did she think that up on the spot, or did she plan that out. If she planned it out, she should have practiced it in the mirror so she could get her facial expression in check. And to continue on and on and swear on her childrens' lives...

I think Jillian is too "in your face" all the time, but this is one week that I am so glad that she didn't back down. I know that Bob doesn't like conflict, but I really wish he would have stood his ground as well.

As far as the green team, I would have had a really hard time choosing. I would totally have sent the mom home if it wasn't for the daughter's husband leaving. That would have pulled on my heart strings a bit. But I think the daughter would have really made progress without her mother there saying with gritted teeth, "Don't you cry! Don't you cry!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213