+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3809731;
    Unless they didn't show everyone it looked like Michael wasn't there. If it is him that is rushed to the hospital I won't be surprised. He is the biggest with tons of health issues. I know they all have them but with his weight and how much he lost this week...I wouldn't be surprised if his heart is weakened. A lady I work with was obese. A couple years ago she started WW. Lost a ton of weight...no more than about 2 lbs/wk...then one day had a heart attack here at work. I was told it was b/c of how heavy she was and the weight loss did a number on her heart. I don't know how true or if possible. I am not a doctor so no clue. But I wonder if Michael has similar issue next week. I pray not. It seemed serious though.
    I thought maybe it was a blue or yellow team member, since they'd been gone, and not been subjected to as much of the intense training?

FORT Fan

Melissa just gets worse every week. Yeah, I can understand the game playing. But the lying, the insincerity, and the long speeches about her morals and ethics are ridiculous. And I can't stand it when people swear on their family members' lives. Why would you do that? It makes me think of Jonny Fairplay on Survivor.

Last week someone (I'm too lazy to go back and figure out who) said that Melissa was totally insincere when she told the white team that she voted Maria off because she respected their wishes. That person was proven right - as soon as the green team's wishes differed from Melissa's, the respect went down the drain. I'm not saying the contestants should always respect the wishes of the losing team (I think I would have gotten rid of the green mother, not the daughter- she's the root of the problem and without her, the daughter might have actually learned something) - but don't pretend you think a team's wishes should always be respected and then do the opposite.

Finally, isn't it interesting how TBL seems to be forming a pattern of casting a villain and then having her win immunity every week? It's so hard to like people who are constantly winning immunity (especially just by luck) and/or getting to dole out penalties to the other teams, a la Tracey and Melissa. It's getting harder for me to believe that the show isn't fixed.

She didn't have to, though...Melissa lost weight the first week, as Jillian pointed out, so it makes the lying even more blatant.

I don't think Melissa is that invested in losing weight, it's about the prize money. I don't believe I've ever disliked a TBL contestant as much as I dislike her. I'm also officially over the Green Team. I know women like that, who think they're justified having a crappy attitude because people don't like them for "telling it like it is"...when it's really not necessary to SAY everything you THINK (like a co-worker of mine who said about the earthquake in Haiti, "there were too many people on that little island anyway"), or when you only feel it necessary to speak when someone pisses you off, not when they do something good or positive.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

One thing that stood out to me was that last week when Sam and Koli won immunity they still worked hard and dropped big numbers. As they said, they came there to save their lives. Look how much weight every other person BUT Melissa has lost since being at the ranch. So she has dropped a total of 12 lbs after what I think adds up to 6 weeks.
    What a load of crap that she was angry about only losing one pound. I do not think that Melissa thought that it was a big deal if she didn't drop weight since the only person whose weight mattered because of the challenge was her husbands. Did anyone else see the look on the other teams faces when they saw the one lb weight loss? Go back and watch last weeks episode. When Jillian looked at Bob and said that she threw the challenge again then Melissa came up with the "this is why I don't lose weight" statement. When she said she just wanted to eat a cheeseburger that sent BOTH Bob and Jillian over the edge and I was SO proud of Jillian for not letting it go. I hope she rides her sorry rear until she proves that she is serious about why she is there. Yeah she lied and I hope she GOES HOME!!! JMHO

While I think the green team needs serious emotional help I think Melissa is much worse. When she started calling them out for their attitude I was thinking 'hello pot, meet kettle.' She acts so smug and as if she's better than they when that's not the case at all. Granted they would have been below the yellow line without the 2 pound pentalty, but as Jillian pointed out maybe if they weren't worried about that they might have done better.

They have shown this on Discovery's Body Challenge and you have seen it here on Biggest Loser. Taller women can lose weight more like men. Both Miggy and Migdalia are 5'9" they both should have been able to lose 6lbs each in one week with the schedule of exercise and nutrition they are on. They self sabotaged themselves and to blame Melissa for their results was rediculous.

Cheryl pulled 6 lbs this week and she is 50 yrs old and only 5'4". Stephanie pulled 6lbs, Andrea pulled 5lbs. This shows that if you follow the program you will see results. That why you can see Miggy gave up (and that Melissa is a big fat liar).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3810035;
    I thought maybe it was a blue or yellow team member, since they'd been gone, and not been subjected to as much of the intense training?
    I didn't think about that...you could be right....huh....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3810054;
    While I think the green team needs serious emotional help I think Melissa is much worse. When she started calling them out for their attitude I was thinking 'hello pot, meet kettle.' She acts so smug and as if she's better than they when that's not the case at all. Granted they would have been below the yellow line without the 2 pound pentalty, but as Jillian pointed out maybe if they weren't worried about that they might have done better.
    I wanted so bad to go through the tv and tell her to look in the mirror.

You know they say that the things you hate/dislike about others or about what others do...is what is wrong with you...so...this is proven here b/c Melissa was talking about the green teams attitude...her's is just as bad if not worse....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fan

Miggy and Migdalia get on my nerves as well but it was heartbreaking to see Miggy tell Migdalia twice to stop crying. Darn it...she needs an outlet for some of that anger. You can only guess that her mom's been telling her that all her life. I was glad to see her smile in her post show interviews and it does look like she's working at weight loss at home in the gym.

So glad Sam and Koli (hope that's their names) are not like Felipe and Seone (sp?) from a couple of seasons ago.

Really like purple girl! She's a very hard worker and I hate it that she had such a hard time with that first challenge. It was just random luck who pulled what cards.

CCL

Anyone think that Lance waterloaded (or whatever) a bit this week? He lost six this week which seems a bit low. Melissa clearly couldn't not lose this week after the whole calling out last week (as Jillian said, she had peer pressure to have a good number this week) so methinks she might have had a bit of a discussion with her husband about him being the one to pull a lower-than-usual number this week.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread