+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

I think the weigh in during the preview was yellow vs. blue and therefore not the actual weigh in.

We know that it is either Gren, Purple, white or brown that goes home. In the preview, the room they showed during the emergency shot - was white. Not sure if they just picked it b/c it is neutral or b/c it was him. It was definitely a guy. The thing that confuses me is that they said "he has no previous history and is conscious" This made me think it wasn't Mice. I can't imagine they would say no previous history about him!!

Bob was on Jay Leno last night and they talked about Mike and Bob said - "He is doing AMAZING."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3809430;
    Migdalia has a real attitude. Regardless of the game play that is going on. She and her mom have real bad attitudes and I will be glad to see both of them go home.

Please vote off Miggy off just to wipe the smirk of Migdalia's face. What a beyotch.
    We can see where the daughter gets her attitude. Miggy did not even try this week, she was the b**** this episode. The red team was right..even without the 2lbs they would have been below the yellow line.
    I heard Melissa say numerous times last night I did not lie (with a smirk) It was easily a play on words, what didn't she lie about. Even when she was in the bed with her husband she talked about Jillian (smirking). She knows, we know, heck everyone knows she threw the weigh ins. Oh well maybe now she can start really trying.
    I think the drama has just started with Miggy, sorry but I find her very annoying.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3809631;
    Red lady is really evil. To laugh in their faces like that... I cannot wait to see her go! And then she swore on her kids and all of that! Terrible! We know she is lying! Zero pounds in 2 weeks and then 11? We aren't stupid. She was obviously trying really hard to convince us that she was trying. Too late!
    Once I hear a "reality tv player" swear on the children's lives I start laughing. I know they are lying.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3809706;
    Kay, one last time:

Are Melissa and Lance lying? Yes. I don't think anyone doubts that.

Do the trainers have a right to call them on it? Sure. To their face. But on the scale in front of everyone? It's not something Jillian and Bob normally do, and it's not right, imo. I get the feeling that Jillian's anger is a culmination of everytime anyone has ever stepped on that scale with immunity and not lost any weight. All that anger directed at one person is hardly fair, and in a way, I hardly blame Melissa for getting her hackles up and lying and standing her ground. I'd be annoyed if Jillian decided every player in the past had a right to play this game, except me.
    They do look ridiculous lying like they are, but I don't totally blame them either. It's not always black and white.

This show is completely set up to make a villian out of someone. Lance and Melissa won immunity, and their reward for doing so? They get to punish three other teams. Not something usually handed out with immunity, that's a "temptation" challlenge kind of thing. Did anyone listen closely to Aly's speech before the weigh-in? She pointedly said to Melissa and Lance in an unkind way: (quoted loosely) "Because of YOU someone doesn't get to vote, because of YOU, someone has a two pound disadvantage..." Uh, not because of them. It was caused by the producers, L and M only had to figure out who was getting them. Sue them for winning immunity, I guess.

Finally, after the green team lost the weigh-in, they stepped off the scale and started screaming at Lance and Melissa (with swear words thrown in for good measure). Put in Melissa's shoes, I would be like, what the heck? too! I don't blame her for pointing out that the green team lost even without the two pound disadvantage, after having been spoken to that way.

I'm not saying Melissa and Lance are perfect, far from it. But it's not just black and white to me. Melissa is annoying, but she knows what position she's in and she's not cowing down. I can live with that.

My only sticking point is when Melissa swore on her children. First I have to say that sort of creeps me out when someone says that. I don't know, maybe I feel like it's bad karma or something. However, if she really was lying and used her children as proof of her integrity, that's beyond game play and deception. I would have to be in Bob's corner after someone said that to my face and give them the 1% chance that they're telling the truth. I just can't imagine someone taking a lie that far unless they are truly some type of compulsive liar, which she very well may be.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Why would you even do that? I would never swear on my children's lives. Not that I take that stuff seriously but it just shows how much you are lying.

Cape...what Bob said does make you wonder if it was really White that is hurt...or is it him but not serious.

I think I'm reading too much into all this....compliments of reading all the spoilers for TB!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Last post ....
    I believe the only reason Jillian called Melissa out, was the comment from Melissa something like see I try and still cannot lose weight. That is when Jillian called her a liar. If Melissa had said nothing, I doubt Jillian would have. Of course Jillian would have rolled her eyes.
    Just like last night Bob is praising the weight she lost and Jillian looked right at him and said "she had to do it"
    Do I blame the game playing, not really. But if a person is really sincere in losing weight, this is teaching him/her nothing.

I understand the game play but don't lie about it. Own up to it. And I agree captain....Jill wouldn't have said anything if Melissa didn't basically imply that the system doesn't work for her....yeah right....it has worked all these years...but not for her...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Kiz

I was glad to hear Jillian say she respected game play, but not the lying about it. I feel that way about it too. Why have the immunity in the first place if not to encourage game play? If the show was only about weight loss with the money thrown in as a bonus, they wouldn't send the contestants home after being voted out of the running for the money. I do wish the show would put in more of a penalty for a weight gain for those who win immunity to keep things more interesting.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3809706;
    Kay, one last time:

Are Melissa and Lance lying? Yes. I don't think anyone doubts that.

Do the trainers have a right to call them on it? Sure. To their face. But on the scale in front of everyone? It's not something Jillian and Bob normally do, and it's not right, imo. I get the feeling that Jillian's anger is a culmination of everytime anyone has ever stepped on that scale with immunity and not lost any weight. All that anger directed at one person is hardly fair, and in a way, I hardly blame Melissa for getting her hackles up and lying and standing her ground. I'd be annoyed if Jillian decided every player in the past had a right to play this game, except me.
    They do look ridiculous lying like they are, but I don't totally blame them either. It's not always black and white.
    I don't see that as what Jillian is doing at all. Jillian is angry because Melissa is standing up on the scale and actively telling the world that Jillian's methods don't work. And when you know that someone is lying what position should Jillian take? She's going to defend herself and her methods.

If Melissa had just stood up on the scale those two weeks and not said a darned thing, or even admitted that she was playing the game.. then nothing would have been said to her on screen, IMO. After all, how could they accuse her of lying if she didn't actively lie, eh? But to try to tear down Jillian's (and Bob's) reputation in order to play the game... that's not going to fly. Both Jillian and Bob knew about previous contestants playing with the scale and they spoke with them away from the scale.. especially to make sure that they didn't sabotage their own efforts. Melissa has no one to blame for Jillian's well-deserved outbursts but herself.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3809591;

Who else could they have given the 2 lbs. to?
    If they were trying to play nice - I expected them to give it to gray - they've kicked butt and this was before Gray gave them the phone call.

Too bad Jillian doesn't have kids. When she was calling Melissa out tonight - she would have known to say - Melissa - if you aren't lying, then there is something seriously wrong with you medically and we need to get to the bottom of that. So this week instead of working out - you will be at the hospital - on an IV having every test known to man run on you to find out why you are defying all medical odds. If Melissa is anything like my kids - the threat of doctors and needles would have gotten to the truth very quickly!
    Boy - wish she HAD done this!!! I would love to see Melissa's reaction!

+ Reply to Thread