+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Dang, now I am going to have to actually watch the 1st part of the show next week to see what went on. Usually I fast forward through most.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3795453;
    I mentioned that above and it is definitely the red team. And with losing 1 pound to get to 214 it was definitely Melissa again. Bob and Jillian were BEYOND angry and I can't remember whether they said something specific about gaming. The only thing it could mean is that Red had immunity again and Melissa once again sabotaged their weight loss.
    If that's the case, then Melissa is really hurting her ultimate chances in the game. Two weeks of losing nothing can't all be due to waterloading, a fair amount of it is due to simply not losing weight. And in the overall weight loss percentages, she can't afford to have taken 2 weeks off.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3795258;
    I think the red team made a critical mistake. I don't like waterloading, but I understand it's part of this game and that it extends a person/team's advantage from one week to two, so I can't really blame them for doing it.

What the red team did was different. Not working hard when you have immunity is plain stupid. It doesn't endear you to the trainers or the other players, and it doesn't give you an advantage the next week. If they didn't lose weight during immunity week for real (because they weren't trying instead of because they added water) then there is no advantage the next week at all.

Not to mention if you're seriously there to lose weight, you don't just slack off for a week. I hope their "strategy" blows up on them in the next weigh-in.
    You are right, water loading and just not working out hard are two very different animals. The second tells me that there are probably issues with having the right motivation for being there.

Personally if I have gone on national TV and got on a scale..I would be working my butt off
    There's no place like home!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I have a question. I just watched the episode. Did the White Team not receive their 2lb disadvantage at the weigh-in or did I miss something here? It definitely wasn't mentioned at all. Was it because they weren't close to falling below the yellow line?

If I was promised a 2lb disadvantage, I want to see a 2lb disadvantage!!
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fanatic

It was mentioned. Alli said something like "with the two pound disadvantage, you need to lose more than...."

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Okay, I guess I just missed that part. Thanks!
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3795662;
    Personally if I have gone on national TV and got on a scale..I would be working my butt off
    You go that right! I wouldn't be gaining. If I had immunity I would waterload just enough to only loose a pound or two but not to gain. BUT then again, knowing my luck....I'd water load too much and it would back fire on me. I am hoping this back fires on her as well!!!!!

To the Point

To not lose two weeks in a row would certainly seem to play against them long term. Waterloading alone just wouldn't allow for that as big as these guys are. While it might serve them in the short term, I would think that an intentional two weeks of not losing/gaining would seriously affect their long term percentages. Let's hope this bites her in the butt, especially if she did this 2 weeks in a row.

I also think it really shows her true motivation for being on the show. And I think that gets to me more than anything. It's about a life change and becoming healthier not winning money..sure if you win then all the better...but I don't think becoming healthier is her first intention/priority....but I hate to judge others so we'll see....

+ Reply to Thread