+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3794479;
    Wow. The pile-on-Bob is both hilarious, and like the public weigh-ins seeming to rely on the "embarrass them into losing" strategy.
    I thought this was SO effective, not just for the contestant, but to help Bob understand what it really feels like to have all that weight on him when working with the person!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3794607;
    Dang--Jillian makes it sound like she purposly jumped off the beam and threw herself on the cement to bust up her nose
    She did - she was more terrified of the water than the injuries...hence, the get her in the pool the next day - she knows there are often water challenges!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LovetheRoses;3794750;
    See, that's the thing. With immunity, it helps you for two weeks, not just one if you water load and I do nto see how that is fair.
    TOTALLY agree - wasn't there a season where if they gained it cancelled immunity? (Tara's or Neil's?)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3794762;
    I thought they HAD implemented a penalty last season or the one before for anyone that gained weight when having immunity. Or am I dreaming?
    I think it was Tara...she was so afraid she'd gain, but maybe it's only when it's in individual mode not team?

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3794773;
    You might be right. I thought they implemented a rule also but now that you mention this I bet it's team loss and not individual...when they are in teams...
    It was not a new rule. It was I think 2 seasons ago. The players had immunity if when weighed they had not gained. I want to say it was Tara's season when they went to the hotel and ate.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

I think the red team made a critical mistake. I don't like waterloading, but I understand it's part of this game and that it extends a person/team's advantage from one week to two, so I can't really blame them for doing it.

What the red team did was different. Not working hard when you have immunity is plain stupid. It doesn't endear you to the trainers or the other players, and it doesn't give you an advantage the next week. If they didn't lose weight during immunity week for real (because they weren't trying instead of because they added water) then there is no advantage the next week at all.

Not to mention if you're seriously there to lose weight, you don't just slack off for a week. I hope their "strategy" blows up on them in the next weigh-in.

Someone's strategy does not pay off next week. In the previews it showed a weight of 214...I am thinking red team?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3795286;
    Someone's strategy does not pay off next week. In the previews it showed a weight of 214...I am thinking red team?
    I just hope that's because she screwed up and not because they won immunity again...

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3795328;
    I just hope that's because she screwed up and not because they won immunity again...
    I have a feeling they win immunity again

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3795286;
    I mentioned that above and it is definitely the red team. And with losing 1 pound to get to 214 it was definitely Melissa again. Bob and Jillian were BEYOND angry and I can't remember whether they said something specific about gaming. The only thing it could mean is that Red had immunity again and Melissa once again sabotaged their weight loss.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread