+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 171

Thread: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

  1. #151
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Every season I find myself really wishing that they'd wait at least 2 weeks before eliminating anyone. I just don't feel that 1 week really gives these folks much to work with once they are back home. I know that they have to find motivation within, but even one more week might give them something else to help them LONG term. I don't know, it just seems so cold to only give them a week. I know it's a game, but somehow I just think this would make me feel better...and, afterall, it's all about me!

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    I totally agree NCLurker - even Dancing with the Stars now gives the contestants 2 weeks...

  3. #153
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Ditto!!!

  4. #154
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3786364;
    Didn't they send the one with the bum knee home? He was the one who said he had the pool in his backyard and didn't need to go back to work right away while his brother would have to. To be honest, I couldn't keep them straight but I do think they sent the weaker of the two home.

    I thought the public weigh ins was cruel. I have always admired contestants for getting up there for the world to see their weight but they didn't have to witness everyone's reactions like that and typically when everyone sees it - they have already lost weight. I just felt like that was kicking them when they had hit rock bottom.

    On one hand, I wish they would go back to contestants who don't have so much to lose but on the other hand like Jillian said - for these people - this is it - their last chance in life. So I guess from that standpoint it is nice that they give them the chance.

    I would love to see a show where they bring in 30 slightly overweight people who represent all the challenges of losing weight - like being a parent, running through the drive through, picky eater, no time to exercise, workaholic etc and keep them on the ranch for one month. Teaching them how to lose the weight, healthy options, tips and tricks and then follow them for a year and train them to teach others what they learned - in the course of a year - those 30 people could really help others and maybe do more than just inspire but also help teach.

    For example, one of my biggest challenges is that I am the world's pickiest eater and on top of that I can't eat fish. I would love to have someone sit down with me and help me find 30 family friendly meals that are healthy and would fit my tastes. This would be a great thing to teach and then help pass on.
    I used to be a picky eater too!!! It was hard when I started WW to loose the weight but I did it! I'm not near as picky as I used to be and I contribute it to making myself eat things I normally wouldn't and the fact that my taste buds have changed. Also, what I found so helpful was that I paid for a website to plan me 5 dinner meals a week for a year. It was like....$15 for every three months. Some of the meals I loved and some were okay. It's www. emealz.com. You can choose points, calories, diabetic, etc meals. You will have to sign in to get your menu and print it but it will have the meal, ingredients, how to make, and a grocery list. I did WW so I used the points meals and it even listed the points for each meal and it gave me a list of WW staple items. It was so benefical!!!!

  5. #155
    FORT Newbie OKCbachelorfan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    33

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3786364;
    On one hand, I wish they would go back to contestants who don't have so much to lose but on the other hand like Jillian said - for these people - this is it - their last chance in life. So I guess from that standpoint it is nice that they give them the chance.

    I would love to see a show where they bring in 30 slightly overweight people who represent all the challenges of losing weight - like being a parent, running through the drive through, picky eater, no time to exercise, workaholic etc and keep them on the ranch for one month. Teaching them how to lose the weight, healthy options, tips and tricks and then follow them for a year and train them to teach others what they learned - in the course of a year - those 30 people could really help others and maybe do more than just inspire but also help teach.

    For example, one of my biggest challenges is that I am the world's pickiest eater and on top of that I can't eat fish. I would love to have someone sit down with me and help me find 30 family friendly meals that are healthy and would fit my tastes. This would be a great thing to teach and then help pass on.
    I am also a VERY picky eater - I don't like anything.. I could be so skinny if I liked fish or veggies, but I don't .

    I have always told my husband I wish they would do a show called the medium loser - for people who have around 40-50 lbs to lose.. I am 5'5'' and weigh 170. I started out weighing 200 and have lost 30lbs, but I can't get the rest of this weight off.. being heavy has really affected who I am as a person, and has affected my marriage in a bad way.. so I agree they need a show for people like us..

  6. #156
    FORT Regular heartsaflutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    55

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3786074;
    I liked the Green Team, the couple from Texas (or was it OK?) and the mother/son with the crazy curls.
    The mother/son with the crazy curls is from my hometown in Ardmore, Oklahoma.

  7. #157
    FORT Newbie OKCbachelorfan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    33

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter;3787463;
    The mother/son with the crazy curls is from my hometown in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
    I didn't know they were from Oklahoma.. I am from Oklahoma as well..

  8. #158
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by OKCbachelorfan7;3787405;
    I am also a VERY picky eater - I don't like anything.. I could be so skinny if I liked fish or veggies, but I don't .

    I have always told my husband I wish they would do a show called the medium loser - for people who have around 40-50 lbs to lose.. I am 5'5'' and weigh 170. I started out weighing 200 and have lost 30lbs, but I can't get the rest of this weight off.. being heavy has really affected who I am as a person, and has affected my marriage in a bad way.. so I agree they need a show for people like us..
    OKCbachelorfan7... do you exercise at all? That's really helped me to lose (25 lbs so far). Even walking is good for you - I do a LOT of walking. And I invested in a BodyBugg which is fantastic feedback.

    Sorry I'm OT - I'll get back on.

    I actually really love this show. I find it so motivational. With respect to the public weigh-ins... I would totally take it as "that's okay, no matter what I weigh right now I will NEVER be this weight again!!!" I'm always so proud of the people who lose and change their lives

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter;3787463;
    The mother/son with the crazy curls is from my hometown in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
    I've been to Ardmore before. Charming community of people living there. That makes me like the curly couple a little more than before.

  10. #160
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436

    Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

    I just want to note that the producers were quite overt in saying and showing that they had a medical team there during the first challenge--including Dr. H.--to make sure that they wouldn't hurt themselves.

    Just wanted to point it out...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.