+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

CCL

Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3785900;
    Oh my.... this is the first time that I caught the nasty scar on Michael's mouth. Wonder what that's from???
    His mom had just kissed him - I think it was her lipstick.

He seems entertaining and not like he's going to go down the "I'm the biggest person ever" route a la Shay. Oh, sure, I'm sure it'll be mention ad nauseum but it won't be in the whiny, irritating way that Shay had.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3785970;
    His mom had just kissed him - I think it was her lipstick.

He seems entertaining and not like he's going to go down the "I'm the biggest person ever" route a la Shay. Oh, sure, I'm sure it'll be mention ad nauseum but it won't be in the whiny, irritating way that Shay had.
    It actually went off to the right of his lips (his right.. our left) about an inch and a half and it was before the weigh-in. I noticed it a little bit in later scenes, too..

I do like him. Loved the "are my abs showing" dance!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

CCL

Hm. I noticed it after the kiss so I figured that's what it was - will have to pay attention next episode.
    The "Are my abs showing?" move was cute.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Wow. I'm not loving the Tongans II much either. I just wish they'd be themselves rather than trying to be a remake of Sione and Filipe.

I like Michael alright, but I'm not jumping into love yet. Just way too early.

Can't help liking the Migs though! Mama is one tough customer. Of course she's wearing green. *rolls eyes* But if she can be tough without the drama, I'm going to love her.
    Haven't decided on the orange team yet. We'll see... they're kind of being touted as a "good" team, but yeah, Biggest Loser does that all the time, so we'll see.

I'm with you all that red lady has thus far been somewhat annoying.

The gray team ticked me off during the bicycle challenge. The Brown, I am not sad to see on the bottom two. I wonder if that was a smart move. In a sense it would be to everyone's advantage to keep the weak one and hopefully he will below the yellow line next week then tag out the other person. It is a win win scenario. Keep the one with the wrecked knee and also know you can beat him week after week. If he is smart he could play that angle.

I find it interesting how the producers try to fill the same team colors with the same type of characters season after season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I liked the Green Team, the couple from Texas (or was it OK?) and the mother/son with the crazy curls.

FORT Fogey

The twins have curiously cherry lips. Very curious, don't you think?
    I like the green, gray, yellow, blue, and white teams. Too bad 2 of them went home so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3786036 View Post
    The gray team ticked me off during the bicycle challenge. The Brown, I am not sad to see on the bottom two. I wonder if that was a smart move. In a sense it would be to everyone's advantage to keep the weak one and hopefully he will below the yellow line next week then tag out the other person. It is a win win scenario. Keep the one with the wrecked knee and also know you can beat him week after week. If he is smart he could play that angle.

I find it interesting how the producers try to fill the same team colors with the same type of characters season after season.
    Didn't they send the one with the bum knee home? He was the one who said he had the pool in his backyard and didn't need to go back to work right away while his brother would have to. To be honest, I couldn't keep them straight but I do think they sent the weaker of the two home.

I thought the public weigh ins was cruel. I have always admired contestants for getting up there for the world to see their weight but they didn't have to witness everyone's reactions like that and typically when everyone sees it - they have already lost weight. I just felt like that was kicking them when they had hit rock bottom.

On one hand, I wish they would go back to contestants who don't have so much to lose but on the other hand like Jillian said - for these people - this is it - their last chance in life. So I guess from that standpoint it is nice that they give them the chance.

I would love to see a show where they bring in 30 slightly overweight people who represent all the challenges of losing weight - like being a parent, running through the drive through, picky eater, no time to exercise, workaholic etc and keep them on the ranch for one month. Teaching them how to lose the weight, healthy options, tips and tricks and then follow them for a year and train them to teach others what they learned - in the course of a year - those 30 people could really help others and maybe do more than just inspire but also help teach.

For example, one of my biggest challenges is that I am the world's pickiest eater and on top of that I can't eat fish. I would love to have someone sit down with me and help me find 30 family friendly meals that are healthy and would fit my tastes. This would be a great thing to teach and then help pass on.

Can't sleep so I watched the entire episode again. All that yelling woke the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3786364;
    Didn't they send the one with the bum knee home? He was the one who said he had the pool in his backyard and didn't need to go back to work right away while his brother would have to. To be honest, I couldn't keep them straight but I do think they sent the weaker of the two home.

I thought the public weigh ins was cruel. I have always admired contestants for getting up there for the world to see their weight but they didn't have to witness everyone's reactions like that and typically when everyone sees it - they have already lost weight. I just felt like that was kicking them when they had hit rock bottom.

On one hand, I wish they would go back to contestants who don't have so much to lose but on the other hand like Jillian said - for these people - this is it - their last chance in life. So I guess from that standpoint it is nice that they give them the chance.

I would love to see a show where they bring in 30 slightly overweight people who represent all the challenges of losing weight - like being a parent, running through the drive through, picky eater, no time to exercise, workaholic etc and keep them on the ranch for one month. Teaching them how to lose the weight, healthy options, tips and tricks and then follow them for a year and train them to teach others what they learned - in the course of a year - those 30 people could really help others and maybe do more than just inspire but also help teach.

For example, one of my biggest challenges is that I am the world's pickiest eater and on top of that I can't eat fish. I would love to have someone sit down with me and help me find 30 family friendly meals that are healthy and would fit my tastes. This would be a great thing to teach and then help pass on.
    You are right. That's the trouble with twin competitors and similar names I can't tell the difference.

+ Reply to Thread