+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 9 Migdalia and Miggy - Mother & Daughter

Season 9 Migdalia and Miggy - Mother & Daughter

Migdalia is a mother's daughter. She is quick-tempered and says exactly what is on her mind, which can lead to disagreements. Nevertheless, they are best friends who have overcome a lot in life. She and her family grew up in poor conditions and never consistently had food or electricity. One of the toughest obstacles in her life was moving from Puerto Rico to the U.S. and having to adjust to the language barrier. Migdalia has not always been overweight. With the stresses of being a military wife whose husband recently came back from deployment in Iraq and may be sent back in early fall, Migdalia has overindulged in non-healthy food choices, leading to rapid weight gain. She also recently had her second child.

Miggy was raised in New York and was relocated by her mother and stepfather to Puerto Rico as a teen. She was married and divorced by the age of 17. She tried her best to "never cry for the kids or for myself." Miggy's weight has fluctuated as much as her career changes. Her previous occupations have been a farmer, ceramic technician, hairdresser, and most recently, a police officer -- and she was rewarded "Police Officer Woman of the Year" four times. More than anything, Miggy wants to show and prove to the Hispanic community that they can lose weight and be healthy.

The Team: Miggy and Migdalia are a lively Puerto Rican mother/daughter team. They are strong willed and add a competitive edge to everything in life. "Migdalia" means "Indian Warrior Leader and Flower." Miggy has made sure that the name and its meaning are passed on to her children and grandkids. The lessons learned on the show would not only be incorporated into their daily lives and passed on to their family members, but also save them from worsening medical problems.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Season 9 Migdalia and Miggy - Mother & Daughter

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3785037;

Migdalia is a mother's daughter. She is quick-tempered and says exactly what is on her mind, which can lead to disagreements.
    I bet she'll be a real treat on the ranch.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

They are the only team we saw who voted for the stronger person to go home.

They are definitely here to play the game. As long as they're not annoying, I'll like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3785498;
    I bet she'll be a real treat on the ranch.
    Yeah, I saw that one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3810877;
    Yeah, I saw that one coming.
    You sure did! She is a real treat!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Miggy is/was a policewoman, I just realized...maybe that is part of the stone faced thing... Policewomen who burst into tears do not get far.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3811603;
    Miggy is/was a policewoman, I just realized...maybe that is part of the stone faced thing... Policewomen who burst into tears do not get far.
    I think so too. That explains a lot. Still they both have bitchy attitudes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I can't stand them. Good riddance.
    Wake up and be awesome

Amazing how in the first episode the Green Team, especially Miggy impressed me and three episodes later I want them both gone.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3811850;
    Amazing how in the first episode the Green Team, especially Miggy impressed me and three episodes later I want them both gone.
    I know, because I had been out of town I only got around to watching my tape of the first episode after seeing this one... it was like a different set of people. They were so happy and into it at first, didn't try to waterload when they had immunity that I could see, just seemed to really being enjoying it. I think we missed some crucial part of the story.

+ Reply to Thread