+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 9 Lance and Melissa-Husband & Wife

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 9 Lance and Melissa-Husband & Wife

I like that they have kind of overweight and really overweight. I like the range. Good thing Melissa doesn't have too much more to lose. Maybe she will got home soon! I hope!!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3810901;
    I like that they have kind of overweight and really overweight. I like the range. Good thing Melissa doesn't have too much more to lose. Maybe she will got home soon! I hope!!
    I hope so too!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

She makes for great TV. I hope she lasts longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3811032;
    She makes for great TV. I hope she lasts longer.
    So very true!

FORT Regular

Well, we all know if the red team goes below the line, she is a goner.

If they go below the yellow line, send Lance home that would definitely PO Mellissa
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3811492;
    If they go below the yellow line, send Lance home that would definitely PO Mellissa
    I'm sure she's counting on him to lose a lot and win the $$ since she wasn't heavy enough to start with.

FORT Fogey

If Melissa's strategy is to get Lance to win for the money, then they must really need it. If this is the case, I don't mind her strategy.

For your amusement:

Biggest Loser’s Melissa: I Didn’t Engage in Game Play - PEOPLE TV Watch

Biggest Loserís Melissa: I Didnít Engage in Game Play
    February 11, 2010

After an Olympic-themed challenge and an intense sixth weigh-in, Melissa Morgan, the 39-year-old attorney from Aspermont, Texas, was automatically sent home after gaining a pound on Tuesdayís The Biggest Loser. Melissa spoke to reporters about being accused of game play, her current weight and continuing to support her husband while they are apart.

Many people thought you gained weight in the early weeks to play the game. Is that true?
    Week two and week three were absolutely not game play. It was as real as real can be. Iím just praying that the plus one from Tuesdayís episode validates what Iíve said through the entire season, which was ďIím not playing the game. Iím really struggling with my weight.Ē

You and Jillian had some tension, did you make up or did you just stick with Bob?
    I really worked out primarily with Bob the rest of the weeks. If Jillian was there to work us out and I was told to work out with Jillian, I absolutely worked out with Jillian. We certainly didnít see eye-to-eye on things. I didnít have the opportunity to speak with Jillian after the weigh-in that [resulted in my elimination], so I really donít know what her position is at this point. I would hope that [gaining a pound when I didn't have immunity] validates for her that I wasnít playing the game.

Was it difficult to transition back home from the Ranch?
    I struggled a lot when I came home and I think there were a number of factors. For me, I felt like there was a cold bucket of water just thrown over my head. There was no option, there was no deliberation, there was no pleading my case. It was Ďgoodbye.í When it was time for me to go and find a gym and find a trainer and start working out, I didnít find anything that was remotely close to being on the Biggest Loser campus. I struggled quite a bit. Fortunately for me, a few weeks out a found a great trainer at a great gym. [My trainer] Chris has really been my lifesaver since I left campus.

How much do you weigh now?
    [I weigh] 175. Iím really focusing on me and getting healthy. The number that I like to qualify more so than the weight itself is my percentage of body fat because Iím gaining muscle, so if I weigh 160 pounds at the finale but my percentage of body fat is at 18 or 20 percent, Iím a winner. The last time I had it checked it was at about 28.

What was the most important lesson you learned from the Olympians?
    Donít ever give up on what you dream. Whatever your dream may be, donít think that you canít do it because you can. I think thatís the one thing I pulled away from them. While Iím never going to be an Olympic athlete, I lived there, I slept there, I ate there, I worked out there. Donít give up on your dreams ever.

How do you continue to support your husband since he is still at the Ranch?
    I literally write him a letter everyday, and itís nothing more than to say, ďYay, keep going!Ē or to give him a breakdown of whatís going on at home, how Iím doing with workouts Ö Iím just trying to keep him motivated and keep his head in the game.

Tell us: Do you believe Melissa when she says she wasnít playing the game? Was Jillian too harsh with her?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, I was glad to see Lance go home....even happier to see that he finally got rid of that awful hair growth on his face and even got a haircut. He looked so much better...tho I still can't stand the guy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast