+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 9 Sam and Koli-Cousins

Season 9 Sam and Koli-Cousins

Height: 6'4"
    Hometown: Rohnert Park, CA

Sam was born in 1985 on the tiny island of American Samoa. At eight months of age, his uncle and aunt, who live in the States, adopted Sam. Growing up in a Samoan family, being big was normal. There were always numerous family gatherings and plenty of food. Sam now works mainly in security and his schedule is abnormal; he works late nights and sleeps most of the day. Sam also commits his time volunteering as a youth football coach. This does not help establish healthy eating habits as he normally eats at late/odd hours. Not only does Sam want to get healthy and control his weight, but he also wants to develop better eating and workout habits. Many people in Sam's family have diabetes, hypertension and gout. Sam believes that if he can do this for himself, he will be a great example to his family and many others in his culture. He intends on winning The Biggest Loser and bringing back what he learns to his large family (where he is one of over 150 grandchildren and great-grandchildren).

Height: 6'1"
    Hometown: Rohnert Park, CA

With Koli's Tongan roots, it seems that his culture has given him an excuse to be big and not worry about his weight. There are expectations that are put on Koli because of his weight: he is expected to eat more than everyone else, and he is the first person everyone calls when they need help moving. Koli works as a high school football coach in the day and is head of security during the night shift. This makes it hard to work out and causes him to eat at odd hours. Koli has grown up playing many sports and understands the importance of healthy living. He is very involved in athletics and wants to continue coaching where he can be a role model for young men. The first step to this dream in his life is being healthy and getting in shape.

Sam - Contestants - The Biggest Loser - NBC Site
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

CCL

Re: Season 9 Sam and Koli-Cousins

Can't remember the name of the previous Tongan-American comeptitors (or were they Samoan-American?). Wonder if there will be more talk of helping the community and tribal dancing with these two.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

CCL-- was Sione and Filipe and they were Tongans.
    I didn't mind the dancing myself, and could handle more. It's better than whining and crying anyhow.

FORT Fogey

Yeah I think it is obvious that someone was trying to recast Filipe and Sione. They don't look the same as them at all but the relationship and the Island heritage... The story is even the same! Well, if they are meant to replace Filipe and Sione, then they must have really great personalities and so I hope they do well!

Just what we didn't need -- a sequel to Sione and Filipe.

Meh.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I wonder if they, too, will cry and have hissy fits when the inevitable trainer switch comes along.

FORT Fogey

They seem like a really great team. They have a good attitude and all of that. Good luck to them.

FORT Fogey

Something about these guys I like so far. I wish them luck
    Proud Member of Red Sox Nation

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Take a look at the Love TBL style thread---Sam isn't the only one who got lucky!

+ Reply to Thread