+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Discussion thread..."spoilers"

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/1 Discussion thread..."spoilers"

I don't mind the 2 hours, but would REALLY like to see more about the contestants making their meals (not product placements, but every day conversation and preparation) and more about the alternative ways that workouts can be set up - pool, the out of the gym week, 30 min lunch time, etc. I agree with bringing the spouses to campus too - there's room after they get to the final 10 or final 6...and help the contestants be successful with a more understanding family member (vs. having them come as pairs - I really like the stranger partnering).

I hope they continue the group training, and picking partners after a day or so. That made a much better vibe among the contestants eventhough some alliances did form they were not the viscious ones that come with the Bob-Jillian teams.

FORT Fogey

I think that while we will not have as great a shock with the final 4 (how long was it between the marathon and the finale?) BUT I can't wait to see the Red team again - that I think will be a great shocker. Even Daniel, Shay and Tracy could be shockers.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't mind the 2 hours IF they were filled with new info...the moronic repeating of whatever was being said before the commercial break after the commercial break drives me nuts...during the weighing and voting sessions.

I agree I thought the business with the spouses last night was interesting. I don't give great odds to Liz's marriage at this point...as Jill pointed out, her life is pretty grim, alone out in the woods all week (is she working a farm or something?). And I have to say I don't think it helped that she had such a strong bond with Danny and got such support from him....she's had months of a good relationship with a man even if not a romantic one...and now she goes back to Mr. Not There.....
    On that note, I bet she was surprised after she chose him to find out he was 10 years younger than she was... with that early gray hair and her non-dyed gray hair they could have been the same age.
    I wonder if she is thinking about going back to school...Jill mentioned that option on their run.
    Felt sorry for Danny's wife during that table talk... I hope Danny is not seriously going back to his "dream" of being a rock star. There are other fulfilling careers out there that actually bring in a steady paycheck.
    Last edited by PWS; 12-02-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Please, please, please have a 1.5 hr format and stay with it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3760941;
    I think that while we will not have as great a shock with the final 4 (how long was it between the marathon and the finale?) BUT I can't wait to see the Red team again - that I think will be a great shocker. Even Daniel, Shay and Tracy could be shockers.
    It was only 60 days from the marathon/final weigh in until next week. I think it was October 10 that they flew back to Cali.. and the marathon was just after that.

Can you imagine if Danny loses another 59lbs in 60 days? Or Rudy another 43?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

CCL

Danny is looking so handsome.
    It's looked all along like Rudy would be the victor but Danny is giving him a serious run for his money.
    Does Amanda volunteer for all the food-related segments (*cough* commercials *cough)? She did both the Subway and the gum spots last night. Is it so she can be with Bob more? Or was it a stipulation of being America's Choice? Or can she just hold her face straighter while muttering inanities about gum and deli sandwiches?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3760859;
    I don't mind two hours, but the last 45 minutes are all about the weigh in, and that is far too much.

If they cut some of that out, I guess 1.5 hours will be fine. Another option is to fill the remaining 1/2 hours with new stuff.

I'd like to see more of the emotional side of things tackled. I'd also like to see significant others brought into the process a bit more, e.g. Danny's and Liz's spouses will need help, I think.
    The weigh-in is the worst part! We don't need to see a bunch of fake numbers pop up before the actual weight appears. In the earlier seasons, they took less than a minute to weigh in each contestant, and it worked out. Plus, with less time of weigh-ins, there would be less time to mention all the nonsense records that they have (most weight loss! top female! double digits every week! where does it end?).

I would like more time that would focus on what these contestants eat as their diet. I'd also like some focus on how much calories they burn. That information would be helpful to those viewers who want to start getting in shape also. I know we all hate product placements, but the show needs them to keep on producing season after season for as inexpensive (compared to other reality shows, at least) as they do. So as much as we hate them, they're here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3760796;
    Sorry, CG, but I just have to say.... WHAT????? You haven't seen a change on the outside from most of the contestants? I think the only person that I never really noticed it in was Allen. The other guys have been quite shocking. In particular, when you saw Rudy from week one last night... the guy was a giant rectangle with no neck and now look at him. And Danny? His face is half the size that it used to be.

It's like staring at yourself in the mirror during a weight loss, though... seeing these people week in and week out it's hard to notice the changes unless you're confronted with the comparisons like we were last night.

Yeah, sorry, these guys are just so huge (starting out at 400+ pounds) that even when they lose 100+ pounds, I personally didn't see that much of a change in their bodies on the outside. With the ones that started out at a lighter weight (like Amanda and Liz), it was easier to notice that the shape of their waists and hips was slimming down. But with the bigger guys (and Shay), it was harder. That's the way it has been, until now. I mentioned this in the post you quoted, Broadway, but Danny had no chin! It was gone! I kept looking at it during his confessionals. I was so amazed. I would not have picked him as the winner early on, but I can't not see anything other than a Danny win at this point (not even a Rudy win).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I do hope Danny can pull off the win. If he looses another 59lbs he'll win. Not sure he will but he has surprised us all so far so it's possible. I wouldn't mind a Rudy win but rather have Danny win. He was an underdog for some reason...not sure how that happened....everyone just put Rudy to win. I think Shay is the only female that could have won against the big guys but for some reason she didn't pull the numbers others did. Something going on there.

I can't wait to see Abby...I really hope and pray she lost a lot more weight. It would be great for her to win the at home prize...or Mo...

I hope Danny wins. The only person I don't like is Rudy because of the petty things he said to (can't remember her name) something about her playing the game before he voted her out, that was mean. Danny has always had his mind on losing weight not playing this stupid game. I hope Shay comes back thin and trim but I have doubts about that. The show is too long and too much crying it gets real old fast. It makes overweight people seem unbalanced and that isn't the case, so, just stop all the tears.

I can see how the show makes overweight people look unbalanced. I bet most of them aren't that emotional in real life...but b/c of the cameras, working out for 6+ hours a day, the emotional and mental aspect of losing weight, and the competition itself puts a strain on them...then they become emotional. I'm not an emotional person but when I'm tired, overwhelmed, and such...I get emotional. Doesn't happen often unless I watch a Hallmark Movie but when it does happen my husband knows he needs to help out more...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast