+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Discussion thread..."spoilers"

Re: 12/1 Discussion thread..."spoilers"

Not sure I will have time to update the numbers thread before I head out of town, so I'll put it in spoiler tags:

Click to see Spoiler:
    RUDY: 42.76% lost so far. DANNY: 46.74% lost so far. LIZ: 31.84% lost so far. AMANDA: 32% lost so far.

Right now, this is a two horse race. Barring a serious injury, Danny will almost certainly make it over 50% and Rudy has a good shot as well. I don't see that coming from Amanda or Liz.

FORT Fogey

Liz really endeared me about half-way in to the season. I really like her and hope she wins. I'll post my 10 votes before turning in!

It has been said over and over again, and by this point, it's like beating a dead horse. But I have to say it again: this show is so worn out being 2 hours long. Tonight just reminded me of that. Thank goodness for it being 1.5 hours next season.

It was nice seeing Erin, the other choice at last season's finale, again. It makes me sad about what could have been. I must say though, that must have been painful for her to show up to a shindig that was thrown for the girl that beat her out.

I was worried about this season's finale because even after all the weight loss, I haven't seen much of a change on the outside from these contestants (aside from maybe Amanda and Liz). I love being shocked about the outcomes. But now, it looks like I'll be getting that surprise. Danny, in particular, has worked so hard, and I expect him to reach an amazing-looking body. Tonight, I noticed that he barely had a chin! Good for him.

I'm going to laugh if (when?) Liz beats Amanda. America no longer loves their choice.

This season, it seems that the producers wanted to make the show less about the trainers and the natural competition that comes between the two of them. And if any competition were to happen, they wanted Bob to win, so the age-old question of, "When will Bob finally beat Jillian?" can finally come to an end. But with Danny looking like he's posed for the win, I find it funny that this season will be another Jillian victory.

I'm excited for the finale next week! The Biggest Loser finales are always the best.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3760755;
    It has been said over and over again, and by this point, it's like beating a dead horse. But I have to say it again: this show is so worn out being 2 hours long. Tonight just reminded me of that. Thank goodness for it being 1.5 hours next season.
    I think 2 hours might be a bit too long (although I love watching it still), but 1 hour was far too short. 1.5 hour shows next season might be perfect...here's hoping!

It was nice seeing Erin, the other choice at last season's finale, again. It makes me sad about what could have been. I must say though, that must have been painful for her to show up to a shindig that was thrown for the girl that beat her out.
    No kidding.. that must have sucked! I liked Erin better... voted for her.

I was worried about this season's finale because even after all the weight loss, I haven't seen much of a change on the outside from these contestants (aside from maybe Amanda and Liz). I love being shocked about the outcomes. But now, it looks like I'll be getting that surprise. Danny, in particular, has worked so hard, and I expect him to reach an amazing-looking body. Tonight, I noticed that he barely had a chin! Good for him.
    Sorry, CG, but I just have to say.... WHAT????? You haven't seen a change on the outside from most of the contestants? I think the only person that I never really noticed it in was Allen. The other guys have been quite shocking. In particular, when you saw Rudy from week one last night... the guy was a giant rectangle with no neck and now look at him. And Danny? His face is half the size that it used to be.

It's like staring at yourself in the mirror during a weight loss, though... seeing these people week in and week out it's hard to notice the changes unless you're confronted with the comparisons like we were last night.

I'm excited for the finale next week! The Biggest Loser finales are always the best.
    I agree! They are so emotional that I am sure I'll be a crying fool through the entire show. And I do love that Ally said they will tell us who took 3rd place in the first five minutes of the show. That's a change.. we don't have to wait so long!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

So....it was a hard decision for me..who to vote for. I'm tired of America's Choice and bla bla bla but I was not a Liz fan for a while. I liked her at first and at the end but not when Tracey was on. But I realize some people bring out the worse in us AND it's all about editing. For those reasons I voted Liz to be the final 3rd contestant.

I just hope you all realize that Bob is going to be furious with you for not voting in Amanda. Come on don't you all feel the love?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3760755;
    I don't mind two hours, but the last 45 minutes are all about the weigh in, and that is far too much.

If they cut some of that out, I guess 1.5 hours will be fine. Another option is to fill the remaining 1/2 hours with new stuff.

I'd like to see more of the emotional side of things tackled. I'd also like to see significant others brought into the process a bit more, e.g. Danny's and Liz's spouses will need help, I think.

I agree Jexter. I think bringing the spouses to campus for a week or two will show them what they go through. It may help them understand more. Of course those with little ones will have to find sitters so that may not be an option but something to ponder on for the show. I would think that some of the couples would need therapy after the spouse returns home form being gone so long. The spouse left at home will probably have some resentment towards the one that went to the ranch....for many reasons....then you have to one on the ranch coming home and having to make some tough decisions not to mention changed physically and emotionally. Just a lot to think about and deal with.

I realized something last night. I think Amanda is feeliing added pressure since she was voted on the show. That is a lot of responsibility for a 19YO.

I am not sure what made me change my view, but I do hope that she is voted to the final 3.

Her and the Bob love is also more endearing than the Danny/Liz co-dependancy (again she is very young).

I do want Danny win though. I think he is the biggest underdog to come this far on the show.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Isn't it easier for people who have fluctuated a lot (were thin, gained weight, lost weight, etc...) in their wieght loss and gain to lose pounds than someone who has been obese all their life? I'm thinking thats the case but wondering if there is any scientific evidence to support that.
    I only ask to further discuss how this is Danny's competition to lose this season (Im a Danny/Rudy fan!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast