+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 11/17 Show

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3752660;
    Anyone see Mr. Chin-o's show tonight? Rebecca was, of course, on and blathered on about how she's currently dating Daniel (and "fell in love with her best friend", which is how she described him).
    She looked great though! I actually know a good number of folks who go to Southeastern Seminary, which is where Daniel goes I believe. I haven't asked if any of them know him.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3752549;
    lol THAT sounds familiar. girls aged almost 3 and 15 months here. and i have to be at work at 7:30 too but i have just a 10 minute commute
    I wish I only had a 10 minute commute....mine is 30-35 mintues...sigh...oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3752660;
    Anyone see Mr. Chin-o's show tonight? Rebecca was, of course, on and blathered on about how she's currently dating Daniel (and "fell in love with her best friend", which is how she described him).
    I just can't put them together......in many different ways....

Re: 11/17 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3752674;
    The makeover show is generally my least favorite show of any season and this one was no exception. I didn't think any of the makeovers looked good. I can't figure out why they seem to pick the most unflattering clothes for the contestants. The speeches were just lame. Thank goodness for the DVR. There's obviously plenty of animosity between the two factions, and I think the stuff between Rebecca and Rudy at the end was a prime example. I wish these contestants would realize that nine weeks on the Biggest Loser Ranch does not a changed life make. And Jillian, please, some people really do eat too much because they like the taste of the food and don't want to stop eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3752674;
    The makeover show is generally my least favorite show of any season and this one was no exception. I didn't think any of the makeovers looked good. I can't figure out why they seem to pick the most unflattering clothes for the contestants. The speeches were just lame. Thank goodness for the DVR. There's obviously plenty of animosity between the two factions, and I think the stuff between Rebecca and Rudy at the end was a prime example. I wish these contestants would realize that nine weeks on the Biggest Loser Ranch does not a changed life make. And Jillian, please, some people really do eat too much because they like the taste of the food and don't want to stop eating it.
    I agree that this year's makovers were not well done...I didn't think any of them looked that much better. Part of it is they still have so much weight to lose, I guess. I was expecting them to make Liz look 10 years younger...did not happen, IMO.

I thought Rebecca was a very poor sport for getting voted off...she took it way to personal, IMO.

CCL

Makeovers:
    Danny - Didn't even recognize him. I thought it was one of the family members coming forward.
    Liz - not much of a change.
    Amanda - ditto.
    Rudy - looks good. Glad they cut off the beard.
    Rebecca - not sure...the hair is a bit Dorothy Hamill-like...maybe even Ali-esque. It wasn't bad, though.
    Allen - what could they do, really?

Outfit-wise...didn'treally like any of them.

Surprised that Rebecca talked about dating Daniel on Leno...thought they were saving that for the finale what with the whole "Daniel can't wait to reveal his new girlfriend at the finale" teaser last week.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This is the first season I am watching BL, and I did not like the makeovers.

Rudy had me so mad. Up until last week, I was rooting for him. Now, I just want him to leave.

I am glad Rebecca is doing so well at home. She was one of my favs. I can't see her and Daniel together though.

I do the gym after work. I put my son in the daycare there. I wish I could get up before work, but I am up at 5:30 as it is. I also go to bed early. 10 ish. I did stay up late last night to watch Rebecca though.

I am on Jenny Craig and i have lost 78 lbs so far. When the contestants ran in Washington, I had not started running yet. I was walking, biking, cross-training and strength training. I was too intimidated to run. Well, last night I ran 1 1/2 miles, walked another mile, then ran another half mile. When I was running the second time I pictured Jillian yellling at me because I wanted to stop. I love this show and what it inspires me to do!

Quote Originally Posted by LovetheRoses;3752723;
    I do the gym after work. I put my son in the daycare there. I wish I could get up before work, but I am up at 5:30 as it is. I also go to bed early. 10 ish. I did stay up late last night to watch Rebecca though.

I am on Jenny Craig and i have lost 78 lbs so far. When the contestants ran in Washington, I had not started running yet. I was walking, biking, cross-training and strength training. I was too intimidated to run. Well, last night I ran 1 1/2 miles, walked another mile, then ran another half mile. When I was running the second time I pictured Jillian yellling at me because I wanted to stop. I love this show and what it inspires me to do!
    congratulations on your remarkable loss!

half the battle of running is not stopping when you think you want to. getting over that mental hurdle and just "being" while you run takes time, but it is a habit you CAN form, and what you talked about is a great sign that you know it already

btw part of why i get up so early is because my kids are still asleep. we invested in a good treadmill which is in our basement. i have put many many miles on it. i also have an elliptical i use part of my hour twice a week to shake it up
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Both Rebecca and Rudy lost me after last night. I thought Rudy was a big teddy bear, but he has kind of a mean streak. But how beautiful is his wife? Jeez.

The makeovers were meh. I think Danny should have kept the dignified gray hair.

Rebecca does look quite good now.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Rudy is cool:

1. He's undramatic. Jillian is throwing crap at him left/right/center and he's totally like, um hum.

2. He actually gives a real reason when he votes someone out. Not the usual lies like "I love you, and this was a hard decision, but I have to do what's best for me" or "*wah, sob, wah* blah blah *blubbering* blah *wah*" or "I know you can do this at home". Good for him. And it's not like he's mean in how he says things. He just says them how he sees it. "I don't trust you, Rebecca" In other words, I know you would vote me out if you had the slightest chance. And she would.

3. He's undramatic. He wins challenges, he breaks records, and he does it without a lot of "oh my g, I can't believe I did that, did you see how amazing I AM?" No conceit there.

I fear that the public is being somewhat harsh on Rudy. If he makes final three, I would hate to see him voted out. He's played a good game and done it by staying above that yellow line... with no egotistical remarks or drama. He definitely deserves a shot at the big prize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast