+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 135

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

  1. #121
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3748644;
    Wow. I guess I kind of saw it differently. When the contest first started the "older people" were spliting their hoops between more of the younger people... whereas the younger people immediately went after Liz in one group. I think Rudy naturally saw this as an abandonment of the little alliance he had just made with Shay. Those four meant to knock them out one by one, and he saw that, so he figured all bets were off. I would have thought the same thing, and would have taken one of my own to the end rather than Shay. I felt Shay consistently had a bad attitude of entitlement over it and she should have just sucked it up. If Shay hadn't joined in on the gang up, well, that would have been a different story.
    As for discussing it later, it's important to note that Shay didn't even need to bring it UP. It's a very passive aggressive approach to say... oh, something horrible happened, but we don't need to talk about it. WHY even bring it up? Shay made a huge deal out of nothing as far as I'm concerned and I'm GLAD someone in that house actually had the guts to talk back to poor little suffering Shay. A great thing about consistently playing the victim is that no matter what happens, the other person is always at fault. Rudy called her on it, and I say good for him.

    That was poorly written, I apologize, I tired and not feeling well and doing the best I can. :s
    spockwhat.. I think it was very well said. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

    I also was thoroughly confused as to the voracity of Shay's anger towards Rudy. They agreed to get to the end together. What exactly did Shay think was going to happen if it were down to her and Rudy.. did she expect Rudy to throw it to her or did she honestly think she had a chance to beat Rudy? I doubt it, as I don't see her being THAT delusional. So... what difference did it make whether she was second, or third behind Danny? None. None whatsoever.

    I have empathy for how Shay grew up and I have empathy for what it has done to her psyche. But that doesn't mean that the world owes her everything at this point. Shay is 30 years old.. she needs to get over the belief that everything must go exactly as she deems it or she'll throw a hissy fit. Hopefully along with the exercise now she sees that she needs some supportive counseling to help her work things out. That's not a bad thing... it's a sign of healing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  2. #122
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    281

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by marviemom;3748112;
    Well, I could be wrong, but WOW, it seems like there is not a whole lot of empathy for Shay's story out there. Sure, everyone felt really bad for Abby, and justifiable so, but has no one taken a look at what Shay has gone through. Equally as devastating, IMHO. I have never really liked Rudy, he always seemed so cocky, but I didn't really dislike him. That said, I am surprised that Allen and Rudy both voted to boot Shay. If they are thinking of game play, how successful is Shay at any of the challenges, any chance she will ever win immunity. NOPE! Plus, because she is still sooo heavy, she needs to drop HUGE numbers every week to just be competitive with the men. She lost 17 freaking pounds, and still ended up below the yellow line. Amanda is set, she doesn't have far to go to her goal weight, but Shay is still needing help. Plus she goes home to kids and husband (and as per Aubrey, we can see how that hinders weight loss) I agree with Jillian, Shay still is teetering on the brink between living and dying. She absolutely needs to be in the house.

    I am incredibly disappointed and hope that the producers give her another chance next season. I for one would like to see her make it. And yeah she talks like a victim, because she still feels like a victim. Case in point.
    I think most of us feel sorry for what Shay's been through. But she's 30 years old, and at some point you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and take responsibility. Part of the reason that people liked Abby so much is that she was NOT curled up in a corner cursing fate, as many people might be. Instead she had a great attitude and she was all about getting her life back in order and doing whatever she was meant to do. I never once heard her whine about only being fat because of what happened to her family, or needing help more than others for that reason. She was inspirational. Shay, frankly, is kind of pathetic. I don't see her being truly successful in losing the weight until she gets over her "poor me" attitude. And while I would rather have seen her stay over Amanda, I don't think the contestants should be sacrificing themselves (as several already have) so that she can stay. They ALL have issues that brought them to TBL, they ALL deserve to be there. It's Shay's responsibility to stay above the yellow line if this opportunity is that important to her. Same for everyone else. My opinion only, of course.

    As for Shay vs Amanda - the other contestants are simply playing the game. Amanda doesn't have enough weight left to lose to win the whole thing. Not unless she starves herself into a skeleton. My guess is that's why they kept her.

  3. #123
    Wait til a commercial... Nani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    498

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by marviemom;3748112;
    Well, I could be wrong, but WOW, it seems like there is not a whole lot of empathy for Shay's story out there. Sure, everyone felt really bad for Abby, and justifiable so, but has no one taken a look at what Shay has gone through. Equally as devastating, IMHO. I have never really liked Rudy, he always seemed so cocky, but I didn't really dislike him. That said, I am surprised that Allen and Rudy both voted to boot Shay. If they are thinking of game play, how successful is Shay at any of the challenges, any chance she will ever win immunity. NOPE! Plus, because she is still sooo heavy, she needs to drop HUGE numbers every week to just be competitive with the men. She lost 17 freaking pounds, and still ended up below the yellow line. Amanda is set, she doesn't have far to go to her goal weight, but Shay is still needing help. Plus she goes home to kids and husband (and as per Aubrey, we can see how that hinders weight loss) I agree with Jillian, Shay still is teetering on the brink between living and dying. She absolutely needs to be in the house.

    I am incredibly disappointed and hope that the producers give her another chance next season. I for one would like to see her make it. And yeah she talks like a victim, because she still feels like a victim. Case in point.
    I agree with you Marviemom! This is a matter of Shay just wanting to be there a little longer..as she said...it's not a game...it's a matter of life and death...I am astounded also of the lack of empathy out there for her! I too hope they bring her back (as they did Daniel) so that she can continue her journey... I also noticed that they did not show a clip of her as she is now, like they did with Daniel...I hope that doesn't mean that she has given up!

  4. #124
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,357

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3748852;
    spockwhat.. I think it was very well said. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

    I also was thoroughly confused as to the voracity of Shay's anger towards Rudy. They agreed to get to the end together. What exactly did Shay think was going to happen if it were down to her and Rudy.. did she expect Rudy to throw it to her or did she honestly think she had a chance to beat Rudy? I doubt it, as I don't see her being THAT delusional. So... what difference did it make whether she was second, or third behind Danny? None. None whatsoever.

    I have empathy for how Shay grew up and I have empathy for what it has done to her psyche. But that doesn't mean that the world owes her everything at this point. Shay is 30 years old.. she needs to get over the belief that everything must go exactly as she deems it or she'll throw a hissy fit. Hopefully along with the exercise now she sees that she needs some supportive counseling to help her work things out. That's not a bad thing... it's a sign of healing.
    My opinion of Shay took a huge nosedive after watching her berate Rudy at the challenge. I think she was taking the "I need to be here more than anyone" thing into the territory of "I need to be here more than anyone at the expense of my fellow contestants". It was all sounding a little too self-entitled to my ears, making me wonder if more weeks at the house really would be beneficial to her emotional growth. She has been given the tools to succeed and it's up to her to use them. I truly do hope that the reasons for not showing her current progress are simply for dramatic effect and not because she's given up.

    ETA: OK, didn't realize they were on Leno...of course she's not going to be Helen-sized at the finale, it's not possible, but the main thing is that she stays the course.
    Last edited by AJane; 11-12-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  5. #125
    FORT Fan CrazyDutchWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    341

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Well what a great episode! I would have liked Amanda to be picked to leave . preferably Rebecca but hey, maybe next week?

    I am not going to excuse myself for not feeling sorry for Shay.She has everybody around her feeling sorry for her and playing the victim.

  6. #126
    PWS
    PWS is online now
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,857

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Are there no pictures posted from the Leno show? I didn't tape that and really wanted to see the Daniel/Shay reveals.

    Excited about the makeovers!! Always my favorite show.

  7. #127
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,257

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3751467;
    Are there no pictures posted from the Leno show? I didn't tape that and really wanted to see the Daniel/Shay reveals.

    Excited about the makeovers!! Always my favorite show.
    You can watch the show online on the NBC website. They both look great.

  8. #128
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    OK.... I don't have time to read through the whole thread and I had to watch the show a couple days ago b/c I've been sick. But I didn't see where they showed Shay "today"....like they normally do with the contestants voted off. Did I just miss it or did they not show it? I remember seeing Daniel but not Shay.

  9. #129
    the simple things babymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3751997;
    OK.... I don't have time to read through the whole thread and I had to watch the show a couple days ago b/c I've been sick. But I didn't see where they showed Shay "today"....like they normally do with the contestants voted off. Did I just miss it or did they not show it? I remember seeing Daniel but not Shay.
    Hope you are better! They did not include Shay.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

  10. #130
    Kiz
    Kiz is offline
    FORT Fogey Kiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    951

    Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Shay was on Leno following BL. Daniel was too.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.