+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3747988;
    Was that kind of comment necessary?

Sure it's true that your body will lose weight rather inconsistently... especially after you've been losing for a while... but the perceived tone seems rather unnecessarily harsh.
    There was no implied tone. If you perceived one, then that's your error, not mine. It was a simple request to stop jumping to the newly learned "easy" explanation and instead consider other factors. Prior to Neil's admitted waterloading a couple of seasons ago people on this board hadn't heard of the term and the discussion of causes was more robust and valuable. Now instead of reviewing what contestants did or did not do during the week that may contribute to a "smaller" loss, some are just quick to blame it on the fact that someone allegedly waterloaded. Rudy had an 8 pound weight loss this week. After weeks of double digit weight losses an 8 pound loss would still be considered fantastic. Instead, it was immediately shrugged aside and blamed on waterloading. Without reviewing the specific threads at this exact moment it seems that every person that has had immunity for the last season or two has been accused of waterloading. I think it's unfair and baseless without any indication that Rudy (or any of the previous contestants) has done so, that's all.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3747979;
    Okay, I know I'm in the big minority here, but I liked Shay. And there was something about Rudy I never liked, something I couldn't exactly pinpoint, and last night's little stunt in the ring jumping challenge clinched it. I mean, really, was that even necessary? What an obnoxious jerk. That only makes me wanna root for any of the women left, and Danny too. Don't much like Allen either, but him I still can't figure why. Though I see it as very difficult for a woman to win this season with these three guys there.
    I missed what started that whole situation with the yelling?? If Shay was falling back on an alliance that she hasn't nurtured the whole show, then I was confused? What did Rudy do last night?

I'm with you Rembrant, I liked Shay and felt she DEFINITELY should have been there over Amanda, I mean she's got a freaking waist, she really has no business being there. My niece went out for BL and they actually told her she was too small even though she's probably twice Amanda's size. I really want Rebecca to go too, when did she get all high and mighty?

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3748039;
    I'm with you Rembrant, I liked Shay and felt she DEFINITELY should have been there over Amanda, I mean she's got a freaking waist, she really has no business being there. My niece went out for BL and they actually told her she was too small even though she's probably twice Amanda's size. I really want Rebecca to go too, when did she get all high and mighty?
    I heard that BL was looking for really big contestants which I am sure is giving people the idea of gaining weight to get on the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3748001 View Post
    There was no implied tone. If you perceived one, then that's your error, not mine. It was a simple request to stop jumping to the newly learned "easy" explanation and instead consider other factors. Prior to Neil's admitted waterloading a couple of seasons ago people on this board hadn't heard of the term and the discussion of causes was more robust and valuable. Now instead of reviewing what contestants did or did not do during the week that may contribute to a "smaller" loss, some are just quick to blame it on the fact that someone allegedly waterloaded. Rudy had an 8 pound weight loss this week. After weeks of double digit weight losses an 8 pound loss would still be considered fantastic. Instead, it was immediately shrugged aside and blamed on waterloading. Without reviewing the specific threads at this exact moment it seems that every person that has had immunity for the last season or two has been accused of waterloading. I think it's unfair and baseless without any indication that Rudy (or any of the previous contestants) has done so, that's all.
    Bob actually talked in a PI earlier this season when Daniel had immunity and lost a pound or nothing (can't remember) that if someone with immunity hardly loses any weight you would have to be stupid to think they didn't waterload. He talked about how this is still a game and there is no way that so many contestants just happen to have poor weight losses when they have immunity and that it is painfully obvious that there is gameplay going on.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3748043;
    Bob actually talked in a PI earlier this season when Daniel had immunity and lost a pound or nothing (can't remember) that if someone with immunity hardly loses any weight you would have to be stupid to think they didn't waterload. He talked about how this is still a game and there is no way that so many contestants just happen to have poor weight losses when they have immunity and that it is painfully obvious that there is gameplay going on.
    But Rudy didn't have a poor weight loss. He lost 8lbs.

CCL

^ It is possible that he waterloaded, just not as much as previous contestants. Maybe he was worried about accidentally gaining weight, nullifying the immunity (isn't the immunity nullified if the contestant gains?). Or maybe he truly worked hard and 8 pounds was the result. Who knows. I half-hope he did waterload a bit as I want him to have a good number next week so that he is safe.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3748052;
    ^ It is possible that he waterloaded, just not as much as previous contestants. Maybe he was worried about accidentally gaining weight, nullifying the immunity (isn't the immunity nullified if the contestant gains?). Or maybe he truly worked hard and 8 pounds was the result. Who knows. I half-hope he did waterload a bit as I want him to have a good number next week so that he is safe.
    There we go.. that's all that I've been saying. It's possible that he waterloaded. It's possible that he didn't work out as hard as he normally would. It's possible he worked his butt off and lost 8 pounds. All three are viable possibilities.. not just the first one in exclusion.

I hope Rudy kicks butt. I like him a great deal.. right along with Danny. I love the friendship that those two have formed and I'd love for either of those two to win.

I'm confused--I missed the show but it sounds like that shay and amanda were below the yellow line...so why did Daniel go home/get eliminated?

CCL

^ There were two lines last night. The person who lost the smallest percentage of weight (Daniel) went below the red line and was automatically eliminated. The next two smallest losers (Shay and Amanda) went below the yellow line and the group decided (3-2) to send Shay home.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread