+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3747600;
    Two questions:

1) Is Jillian going to scream at everyone for voting Shay off next week?
    2) Anyone else think that dragging the gym equipment off to the Orange room hurt that alliance, in terms of things like recovery time?
    oooh to number two, thank you cause i couldn't figure it out. that makes sense.

I always find it curious that the people who get immunity or a pound challenge usually need it. Rudy would have been below the yellow.

I think Rudy waterloaded because he knew he had immunity. Not a BIG waterloading, but still. I think Shay got what she needed to make it at home, and she was the right one to send home, as far as the game goes. Liz is getting on my nerves. I wonder who will win in the end.

Surprising about Daniel and his buddy from the first time around. He looks even heavier than when he was on the show. Very insightful of Daniel to see how far he actually came-he could be like his buddy and still be heavy!

People.... ever since the big scandal a few seasons ago... the contestants don't get away with the waterloading like they did back then. They are all watched before the weigh-ins and they don't have that same opportunity. Please stop jumping to that explanation week in and week out.

We most likely didn't have a Shay reveal because she couldn't get an opportunity to film a segment. The contestants are all on Jay Leno so it isn't like they are hiding her weight loss from anyone.

Daniel's friend (David?)... that was sad to see him say that he doesn't feel unhealthy so losing weight isn't a priority for him. There are so many people that are fooling themselves like that. I just hope that he doesn't get a medically serious wakeup call. Carrying his weight like he does (around his middle and chest like an apple) is a huge, huge concern.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3747913;
    People.... ever since the big scandal a few seasons ago... the contestants don't get away with the waterloading like they did back then. They are all watched before the weigh-ins and they don't have that same opportunity. Please stop jumping to that explanation week in and week out.
    How do you know they are all watched? There have been many times where it appeared that contestants have waterloaded when they had immunity in this season (and the last, and the one before that etc.). And Bob and Jillian have even made references to it.

We most likely didn't have a Shay reveal because she couldn't get an opportunity to film a segment. The contestants are all on Jay Leno so it isn't like they are hiding her weight loss from anyone.
    I don't know why they didn't have a Shay reveal. It is probably as co-viewer said - Leno needs the ratings. I know I turned in specifically to see Shay. That said, I don't want to have to watch Leno, and I resent being "forced" into it. I hope that practice doesn't continue or I will be peeved.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG
    and did anyone else catch during the ad for the biggest loser retreat or whatever it is called - wasn't that max in one of the brief shots? doing a rowing machine or something.
    It did look like Max. He was at the retreat over the summer so that's probably when they filmed the ad.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie

Not the greatest but here are some!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3747935;
    How do you know they are all watched? There have been many times where it appeared that contestants have waterloaded when they had immunity in this season (and the last, and the one before that etc.). And Bob and Jillian have even made references to it.
    Because they themselves have mentioned it. Producers and doctors are trying to keep them from doing it because it isn't healthy. They aren't watched 24/7, no, but they are watched.

It just gets old when anytime anyone has a less than desireable weight loss the first excuse people come up with is "well obviously they waterloaded!" People learned a new term and it's become the pull out favorite instead of realizing that sometimes people DO have a relatively small weight loss... especially after a big one the week before... and no matter HOW well they appear to do during the week. Because the simple fact is that sometimes your body wants to hold onto weight when it's freaking out.. it's just self-preservation.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic

If I am recalling correctly from previous seasons, as they start getting closer to the finale, they stop doing the big "what are they like now" reveal. I think they did it for Daniel so that they could contrast where he is now--a year later--with his buddy David.

But then the eliminated contestant goes on Leno which ruins the big surprise at the finale anyway.

FORT Fogey

Missyboxers- 1) Is Jillian going to scream at everyone for voting Shay off next week?
    2) Anyone else think that dragging the gym equipment off to the Orange room hurt that alliance, in terms of things like recovery time?
    1. Yes, big time!
    2. Absolutely. Overtraining will do that. Your body freaks and slows down thinking it must conserve some fat because your activity level went way up. They worked hard enough and the trainers knew when to stop. Jillian kicked Danny out of the gym because he was over trained at one point.

Broadway- Because they themselves have mentioned it. Producers and doctors are trying to keep them from doing it because it isn't healthy. They aren't watched 24/7, no, but they are watched.
    I think the trainers are the ones who disapprove, not the doctor. I don't think drinking a bunch of water before weigh in would hurt you. It would be impossible to watch them. You can go into the bathroom and drink as much from the faucet as you please. Because the taping takes so long to weigh everyone I suspect that they eat salt to retain some extra water along with a few glasses so they don't have to excuse themselves. Now that would be a dead give away.

There is definately a game aspect and I do not fault anyone who takes advantage of immunity to lower their number a bit to insure saftey the following week. Money is involved but I really think their priority is to stay at the ranch every minute they can. Some will, some won't and I don't see that changing.

Thank you for the pictures Jennaleigh15. She has done well.

MamaAmyG- you know, it occurred to me last night - the older people deliberately split their vote so that REBECCA's vote would be the deciding one.
    Very well could be. There is definately a game aspect involved but I don't know what the advantage would be.

Broadway- We most likely didn't have a Shay reveal because she couldn't get an opportunity to film a segment. The contestants are all on Jay Leno so it isn't like they are hiding her weight loss from anyone.
    This makes sense.

Okay, I know I'm in the big minority here, but I liked Shay. And there was something about Rudy I never liked, something I couldn't exactly pinpoint, and last night's little stunt in the ring jumping challenge clinched it. I mean, really, was that even necessary? What an obnoxious jerk. That only makes me wanna root for any of the women left, and Danny too. Don't much like Allen either, but him I still can't figure why. Though I see it as very difficult for a woman to win this season with these three guys there.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3747944;
    {snip}
    It just gets old when anytime anyone has a less than desireable weight loss the first excuse people come up with is "well obviously they waterloaded!" People learned a new term and it's become the pull out favorite instead of realizing that sometimes people DO have a relatively small weight loss... especially after a big one the week before... and no matter HOW well they appear to do during the week. Because the simple fact is that sometimes your body wants to hold onto weight when it's freaking out.. it's just self-preservation.
    Was that kind of comment necessary?

Sure it's true that your body will lose weight rather inconsistently... especially after you've been losing for a while... but the perceived tone seems rather unnecessarily harsh.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread