+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3738663;
    I know that they are well informed about health issues that these folks are having to work around, but sometimes things crop up that just aren't always obvious. Sometimes when a contestant says "I can't breathe" and she keeps pushing, I always wonder if she's considered the fact that maybe they really can't at that moment. I have asthma and when it hits me, most of the time it hits me really fast and really hard without a whole lot of early signs.
    I have to think she's aware of which contestants have asthma and which don't. If we see an "I can't breathe" sequence with her? I tend to believe they're in the "the doctor says they don't have asthma" category.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3738145;
    ... As far as Liz is concerned, some people may think she is nasty but she is stating her honest opinion of the others with out the veneer of being politically correct and I appreciate it. I can't blame her she wants to protect her partner Danny and she feels that the others on the Black Team are hypocrites and she says so.
    I don't have a problem with Liz. I don't see meanness in her at all. She's just feisty and if people mess with her, she'll mess with them right back. Maybe not the best quality to have in life, but her loyalty is touching.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3738762;
    I have to think she's aware of which contestants have asthma and which don't. If we see an "I can't breathe" sequence with her? I tend to believe they're in the "the doctor says they don't have asthma" category.
    Oh, I think they probably are well informed as well. All I'm saying is that you can be totally aware of underlying conditions and still be surprised. Sometimes pushing too far, is just that. Do they often need to be pushed? Certainly, they do. Most of us are much more likely to "push through" when we are being pushed from an external source, as well an from our internal. I just KNOW that sometimes it truly isn't a matter of not wanting to push, sometimes things aren't as crystal clear as they may appear and with their physical conditions it sometimes surprises me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3738444;
    I just find it odd that with Jillians winning record, all of the contestants do not choose her. If a football player could choose the Patriots or the Lions for the same pay, they would all chose the Patriots

Because not everyone works well with the kind of abuse J hands out.

I don't. I respond very well to logical reasons for doing what my trainer wants me to do.

If Jillian tried to be verbally abusive with me and I asked her to stop and use logic instead--and if she continued with the verbal abuse?--she'd get my fist in her face.

A real trainer understands that different approaches work better for different people--and that effective coaching isn't "one size fits all."

Two things that most annoy me about this show: Sending anyone home, they should be allowed to stay but without the chance of winning the first prize. Next, the crying is boring and I get tired of it fast, they all seem to do it with few exceptions. I dislike Moe and Abby for volunteering to leave. I'm sure thousands of people would give anything to be on this show and improve their health. Yet, these two sacrificed themselves for their team...BS, Why? It's all about what you can do for yourself, not what you can do for your team. Do people like Abby and Moe come on the show to take up a space to improve their team. Do they knock others out of a chance of a lifetime just so they can play in a team sport as the good guy?

I can do without all the crying and team sport type junk. They should never be coupled as a team but everyone for themselves. Depend on yourself and forget the team junk. Contests should on an individual basis.

OMG Abby Why!!! You spoiled my fun of watching the 3 biatches having to vote for one of there own as they call it. Is there a puke smiley. Use this for Amanda, Daniel and Shay :
    I was so elated that the black team lost again and I am sorry Liz is right so I do not understand all the criticism on this board towards her.

They were fake with there crocodile tears and she was spot on!

To the Point

It's not about Liz being right. I can totally agree with much of what she says. However, you can be right but have a very nasty attitude and it just makes you wrong in a different way. It's her great delight in the failure of others. Too much gleeful rejoicing in the others failure instead of just being truly excited that your safe. Her excitement too often seems to focus on the failure of others, rather than the success of herself/her team. In other words she seems to be more excited about them failing than she is excited about her success. While that may just be the way I (and obviously others) perceive her, it's not a pretty picture.

Okay, well, that may be clear as mud. Hopefully somebody will understand what I mean.

NClurker, I agree with you totally!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3738962;
    It's not about Liz being right. I can totally agree with much of what she says. However, you can be right but have a very nasty attitude and it just makes you wrong in a different way. It's her great delight in the failure of others. Too much gleeful rejoicing in the others failure instead of just being truly excited that your safe. Her excitement too often seems to focus on the failure of others, rather than the success of herself/her team. In other words she seems to be more excited about them failing than she is excited about her success. While that may just be the way I (and obviously others) perceive her, it's not a pretty picture.

Okay, well, that may be clear as mud. Hopefully somebody will understand what I mean.
    This is how most people act they just try to hide it and act if they don't. Liz at least has the courage to be "real". No it is not pretty, it is very human.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I am mostly on the fence about Liz. I think what bothered me the most was her initial animosity... scratch that... let's make it hatred... towards Tracey, and her decision to be "real nice to her" and then blindside her butt out. She is pretty straightforward most of the times, but she can be sneaky nasty too. I love that she speaks her mind, (heck, I love when anyone speaks their mind), but her flip-floppy attitudes and vindictiveness turns me off also.

That was pretty muddy too, I guess. :s

+ Reply to Thread