Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing It with Jillian Michaels

Losing It with Jillian Michaels

Spinoff!

NBC takes on 'Biggest Loser' spinoff starring Jillian Michaels | EW.com

NBC takes on 'Biggest Loser' spinoff starring Jillian Michaels
    by Wendy Mitchell
    Categories: News, Television

NBC has picked up a new Biggest Loser spinoff starring trainer Jillian Michaels, Variety reports. The network has ordered eight episodes of Losing It with Jillian Michaels, produced by Reveille and Empowered Media. The premise of the show is that Michaels will move in with families (with children ages nine and up) to change their diet and exercise habits.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Losing It with Jillian Michaels

Gee what a surprise as she has her own weight loss plan, books, tapes and the new supplements and diet pills

Lose Weight Fast with Diet and Exercise Plans

Jillian Michaels introducing new weight-loss supplements line

FORT Fogey
    Hmmm--I don't know how I feel about this at all.

Is it going to run on NBC? if so I have a real problem with the network. They've cut their dramatic shows almost to extinction--the very thing they were famous for and rightly so.

Substituting yet another weight/exercise show for a fine drama just doesn't do much for me.

So--right now I am bummed about this.

Fans of Jillian might find it helpful though.

I saw her talks on PBS during their fundraising week and I had a very negative reaction to those. She' was practically incoherent--no organizatio to her thoughts and her "explanations" explained nothing.

Most of it was just more confuinsg mishmash like the way her ideas are presented on TBL. So I'd have to say I'm skeptical at best about how much value this new show would have.

Sorry Jillian fans but I don't think she's got much in the way of verbal aptitude.

Someone has mentioned they are having a tough time getting through her book (the one the lectures were based on) and I suspect it's not the reader's fault they can't understand what Jillian is talking/writing about.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Nothing in your post surprised me, Wind Dancer. Some people may love the idea and find the show to be helpful. Luckily, there are tons of other shows for you to watch and enjoy... especially if you have Satellite or Cable TV.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

i do hope this show will give us more of what so many of us have been clamoring for - actual techniques, diet information, etc. BL is so caught up in being a competition that it is tough to convey useful advice. this type of show may be a better vehicle for that purpose.

and, with that being the case, i think we'll get to know jillian as a trainer better, aside from doling out "beatings" and maximum weight loss in minimal time as required by a competitive show
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3732106;
    Hmmm--I don't know how I feel about this at all.

Is it going to run on NBC? if so I have a real problem with the network. They've cut their dramatic shows almost to extinction--the very thing they were famous for and rightly so.

Substituting yet another weight/exercise show for a fine drama just doesn't do much for me.

So--right now I am bummed about this.

Fans of Jillian might find it helpful though.

I saw her talks on PBS during their fundraising week and I had a very negative reaction to those. She' was practically incoherent--no organizatio to her thoughts and her "explanations" explained nothing.

Most of it was just more confuinsg mishmash like the way her ideas are presented on TBL. So I'd have to say I'm skeptical at best about how much value this new show would have.

Sorry Jillian fans but I don't think she's got much in the way of verbal aptitude.

Someone has mentioned they are having a tough time getting through her book (the one the lectures were based on) and I suspect it's not the reader's fault they can't understand what Jillian is talking/writing about.
    Speculation is that this show will start after the next BL ends-- so it would be a summer show. NBC did have a few dramas last summer, but they also had plenty of reality, and when you factor in summer ratings and production costs, it makes a lot more sense to add shows like this for the summer, purely from a financial standpoint.

Of course, even so, dramas are much more expensive to produce than this will be, so even if the ratings are slightly lower for this than a drama, there's a pretty good chance it will be more profitable, which is all that really matters.

I'm actually interested in this. Reading her book you can tell Jillian really cares about people and their health. She mentions obese children in her book and about the family making changes as a whole. She goes into detail about what to do and how to make the changes in you life and in your family. I think it would be nice to see her go into a home and make those changes. Could be some drama...

FORT Fogey

Not a huge Jillian fan. I'll more than likely pass on this show.

I don't mind books, videos, even TV shows. I do hesitate over the supplements portion. Most of what I've seen in that area are just ways for companies to make money. I'll have to take a close look at her line and see how expensive they are and how she works it into her plans.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The one flaw with competitiive reality shows from the $$ point of view is that they can't really be syndicated for reruns. However this one might be doable that way, which would make it very desirable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast