+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tracey - Season 8

Re: Tracey - Season 8

So...then the question is...is she doing this for herself (to get healthy) or her husband (for his business)? Hummmmm

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3715508;
    So...then the question is...is she doing this for herself (to get healthy) or her husband (for his business)? Hummmmm
    Or both....

Quality of Life would be improved with either. If she is losing weight (and keeps it off) I see nothing wrong with (Tracey or any other contestant) being there for the money.

It would be interesting to see how many people would apply if the cash were eliminated and they just went on the show to train with Bob and Jillian (liek we always hear about).
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I don't think the prize money is big enough on TBL to do this for the money.

You have a 1 in 16 chance of winning AND to do so you have to take 4 months off of work. I really think to take that risk for the money only - you would have to be in a financial place that you could take 4 months off without pay and then add on how hard you would have to work once you got home. That is not enough money to risk all that for. To leave my babies for that long - I would have to be motivated by getting healthy rather than getting rich.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3715983;
    I don't think the prize money is big enough on TBL to do this for the money.

You have a 1 in 16 chance of winning AND to do so you have to take 4 months off of work. I really think to take that risk for the money only - you would have to be in a financial place that you could take 4 months off without pay and then add on how hard you would have to work once you got home. That is not enough money to risk all that for. To leave my babies for that long - I would have to be motivated by getting healthy rather than getting rich.
    I agree. I'd do it with no prize money but that's just me. I only have 20lbs to loose (which I'm working on) but I'd love for Jillian to work my butt off and help me eat better and everything. I need that "in your face" attitude but that's just me. Anyway, I wouldn't want to leave my girls but if I was that overweight and it was a show just on weight loss..then I'd do it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wonder if they could get people to do it for just a stipend and no prize... and everyone stays at the ranch.... And the biggest loser gets a trophy or something.... Or there are two trophies if some peope go home...to make the point you CAN do this at home.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Ugh. Can she go home already!?!? Poor Mo. I like him.....but his partner is a witch! She just looks crazy! Previews for next week make it sound like she was the one who won the power to divide the teams. Grrrrrreat! I hope not! This girl is not only hungry for food....but she's hungry for power. Bleh!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3724250;
    Ugh. Can she go home already!?!? Poor Mo. I like him.....but his partner is a witch! She just looks crazy! Previews for next week make it sound like she was the one who won the power to divide the teams. Grrrrrreat! I hope not! This girl is not only hungry for food....but she's hungry for power. Bleh!

Agree. I do think every year they put a jerk on the show for what reason I don't know. Jerks are not enjoyable to watch just irritating. All the crying is just as irritating. This is not the type show to eliminate people. They should eliminate them from winning the prize but leave them at the ranch to further their weight loss and working with the trainers, still making them eligible for the second prize. Restrict them from voting out potential prize winners. I can already tell Tracey will be there for a long time just to irritate people I hope it's the editing and she isn't as nasty as she seems, it takes away the purpose of the show. Kidos to all of these people for losing weight.

FORT Fogey

Editing certainly plays a part in our perception of the contestants but what we have seen, she did. Perhaps there is a softer side they are hiding but it doesn't matter. She has done enough for us to make a decision for ourselves as to whether we like her or not. In previous seasons people who had the power to divide the group into teams have done so with heart and respect to the others desires and paid attention to balance as far as weight loss projection. She is not going to make it to the end, she has burned too many bridges.

Did anyone think it was strange last night that Tracy's video featured her husband, alone? She's a mother......where were the children? I thought that was very odd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast