+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amanda - Season 8

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Amanda - Season 8

Amanda

Height: 5'6"
    Hometown: Butler, NJ

Amanda, the typical girl-next-door, is 19 years old and has been held back from every important milestone in her life because of her weight. She missed her prom because she did not want to wear a dress, has missed activities and vacations and is always being compared to her thinner friends. She is a good friend who is incredibly loyal and always looking after everyone else.

Amanda is going to school to become a Registered Nurse, and currently works at a local hospital as a patient care technician. She loves working and caring for all of her patients, but often time feels like a hypocrite as her outward appearance is in direct contrast with her career path in the health profession. Amanda wants to lose weight and become healthier, that way she can feel confident when promoting health to others.

Amanda is the only person in her family who is severely overweight. Ever since she was young, her food obsession has been her weakness and comfort. Her supportive aunt, who has terminal cancer, has made her realize that life is too short to be living it unhappy or unhealthy. She is now ready to change so she can find someone to share her life with. Amanda is a strong-willed teenager who is ready to start living a life she has never known. She is ready to begin her 20's and begin really living.

The Biggest Loser - NBC Site

Re: Amanda - Season 8

She's the one who was at the finale, yes?

Yes.

I actually preferred the other girl (IIRC, her name was Erin). But I was happy for Amanda nonetheless. I know that Erin was given some prize to help her at home, but I hope she appears on next season instead, because it must suck to be brought on the show, be thisclose to a spot, and then lose it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

CCL

^ It would suck. And hopefully she doesn't need to appear on next season because she is being successful at home. I preferred Amanda to Erin however and I'm glad she will be the one on.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

And the thing is, if you sign up for this show, then it probably means that you don't have the ability to lose the weight at home. I know that Erin will still get the assistance at home, but at the BL ranch, the contestants' lives are focused on losing weight and losing weight only. Erin's at home, where she will face major temptations. She still has the assistance, but can she do it? I hope she can. But if she can't, then I kind of want her to have a spot for next season.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

I like 3 of the last 4 contenders. I am not a Liz fan I know ppl don't like Amanda because of the Americas choice and Bob thing and all but I think she is doing great. I hope she makes it to the finals.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3688937;
    ^ It would suck. And hopefully she doesn't need to appear on next season because she is being successful at home. I preferred Amanda to Erin however and I'm glad she will be the one on.
    Yeah, I totally need to express the opposite sentiment now that I've seen Amanda in action.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Oh most definitely, CCL.

I will say though, this season would have been totally different if Amanda had not won the vote, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

+ Reply to Thread