+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

addison h.

Re: 4/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3409524;
    If I remember correctly, Shannon actually DID want to stay but Helen made sure the others voted for Shannon to leave.
    Oh man. I guess I missed that. How sad.

Speaking of upsetting... did anyone see the feature on Tara in US Weekly? She tells a story about never wanting to go out with her friends because she was heavy that just broke my heart.

FORT Newbie

The way I remember it was that Shannon and Helen came to the group in agreement to ask everyone to vote off Shannon. Several people were surprised and asked Shannon if she was sure or just trying to please her mom. She did not come out and say, "please keep me and vote off my mom." She went along with Helen, but seemed possibly hesitant, but I do remember wishing they had shown a little more of the conversation and Shannon's reaction, it's all in the editting.

It would be great to see/hear an interview with Shannon to get her take on it now. I think from what I saw it could have gone either way. Maybe she wanted to stay and it's hard to stand up to mom, or maybe she missed home but *wished* she was more courageous to stay and had a more supportive mom to push her too, or maybe she truely wanted to go home. It's hard to say.

I bet Shannon does regret not at least asking mom to stay after seeing the make-over show tuesday. To me that is the best part and who wouldn't want to have made it to that!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3409612;
    Oh man. I guess I missed that. How sad.

Speaking of upsetting... did anyone see the feature on Tara in US Weekly? She tells a story about never wanting to go out with her friends because she was heavy that just broke my heart.
    Is it a current US weekly? Who is on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by gauc_girl;3409622;
    The way I remember it was that Shannon and Helen came to the group in agreement to ask everyone to vote off Shannon. Several people were surprised and asked Shannon if she was sure or just trying to please her mom. She did not come out and say, "please keep me and vote off my mom." She went along with Helen, but seemed possibly hesitant, but I do remember wishing they had shown a little more of the conversation and Shannon's reaction, it's all in the editting.

It would be great to see/hear an interview with Shannon to get her take on it now. I think from what I saw it could have gone either way. Maybe she wanted to stay and it's hard to stand up to mom, or maybe she missed home but *wished* she was more courageous to stay and had a more supportive mom to push her too, or maybe she truely wanted to go home. It's hard to say.

I bet Shannon does regret not at least asking mom to stay after seeing the make-over show tuesday. To me that is the best part and who wouldn't want to have made it to that!
    I didn't remember all the details but I do remember that it was pretty obvious from Shannon's face that she didn't want to go but she didn't want to stand up to her mom.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaMinnowPea;3409645;
    Is it a current US weekly? Who is on the cover?
    It's the one with Lindsey Lohan on the cover - Tara says (but I'm paraphrasing here) that she never wanted to go out to clubs with her friends because she felt out of place, but one time she decided to go anyway - and when they got there she says the bouncer wouldn't let her in because of the way she looked.

Heartbreaking. Truly heartbreaking.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3410101;
    I didn't remember all the details but I do remember that it was pretty obvious from Shannon's face that she didn't want to go but she didn't want to stand up to her mom.
    Perhaps. Like I said, it's hard to tell with the editing sometimes.

It wasn't that obvious to me that is what was going on, and it clearly wasn't that obvious with the people who were at the ranch at that vote. I'm sure they would have voted for Helen to go home if they truly believed that Helen was manipulating her daughter so she could stay against Shannon's wishes.

In any case, I'm suspicious of Helen, but reserving judgment until I get something more concrete. I only see what they decide to show on TV, but the others on the ranch see much more and they are deciding to keep her around...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3408702;
    At least with The US show there are still some contestants to root for left. I am watching the Aussie version for the first time this season and I stopped cause thank to an alliance all the people I do not like are there and nobody to root for.

Great episode. Very happy to have Sione gone. I thought I was spoiled and that Ron was the one going. I am not a fan of him but I preferred to get one of the blues out first.
    Filipe is the one who appears to be as big a jerk as Ron, not Sione, so its a shame it wasn't him vs. Godfather Ron.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Bit of a sidebar but the newest issue of US magazine has an article about Nicole, Tara and Michele (last season's winner buying her wedding dress). BTW there is a gorgeous picture of Nicole before and after at her current weight of 162 and she looks fabulous. I can't imagine her losing 20 or 30 more pounds. One thing struck me as off is that the article claims Nicole got those fab arms lifting only 5 and 10 lb weights. That I do not believe.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

addison h.

Has anyone read Jillian's latest book? I just finished it and it's made me think that maybe the re-casting might have something to do with her not quite being compatible with all of their product placement!

She is all about not eating any processed food - which makes sense - but she has a list of companies whose processed food is okay - and there's no general mills or quaker etc. on it. (she even talks about not using microwave in bag or boil in bag veggies)

I really hope they keep her - I love Jillian... but I wonder - are her teams really only eating the way she advocates? Or are they eating the products being pushed by the Biggest Loser?

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3410101;
    There's a Q&A article on Tara and Helen in OK! Magazine so I picked it up at the store (more for Tara) and after reading it I can understand now why Helen was so desperate to stay at the Ranch. I still think she bullied her daughter into sacrificing herself but now it makes a little bit more sense. She said that she had gotten so depressed that everyday, after seeing her 16 year old son off to school she would go back to bed until it was almost time for him to come home and she would shower and get dressed so he wouldn't know how depressed she had gotten. I thought that was kind of sad and it made me feel bad for her. I hope that losing the weight will help her but in my experience (I was depressed off and on since I was 9 until 4 years ago) depression doesn't just go away until you get to the root of the depression. Rarely is weight the reason for the depression. Usually the weight is the symptom of the depression. I know that's the case for me. I'm still overweight because I developed bad habits (which I'm working on through weight watchers. I lost 2lbs this week!) but the depression was over when I simply refused to be depressed anymore and made the decision to get to the root of it and for lack of a better term, "I got over it". But I had to identify it to get over it. Identifying it and admitting it was the hard part. Getting over it was the easy part. It was just a decision.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread