+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 4/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3408702;
    At least with The US show there are still some contestants to root for left. I am watching the Aussie version for the first time this season and I stopped cause thank to an alliance all the people I do not like are there and nobody to root for.

Great episode. Very happy to have Sione gone. I thought I was spoiled and that Ron was the one going. I am not a fan of him but I preferred to get one of the blues out first.

One thing I did not understand. What was the benefit of Tara falling below the yellow line?.
    Then she, her friend,would have to pick the one next to Tara. No choice. Maybe it was one of her group, or her alliance if she has any.
    If there would be 2 other people to pick from would that not be much better?
    You can pick the biggest thread?

My understanding was if Tara fell below the yellow line, the other person would be out and Laura would not have to even make a choice. It would be the easy way out for Laura because she would never vote Tara. It was a stupid idea and I am glad Tara didn't fall for it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My understanding was if Tara fell below the yellow line, the other person would be out and Laura would not have to even make a choice. It would be the easy way out for Laura because she would never vote Tara. It was a stupid idea and I am glad Tara didn't fall for it.
    Fall for it? She was the one who came up with it!

My understanding was she could go below the yellow line by waterloading, thereby insuring a great number the following week. It was almost the same as immunity, because Laura would never vote her out.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3408767;
    Fall for it? She was the one who came up with it!
    Laura was the one who came up with the idea for Tara to throw the weigh-in, and Tara kept saying it didn't feel right to her to do that. At least that was the way the discussion went when they were sitting on the bed in their room after Laura won the ticket.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3407440;
    P.P.S. How'dya like the blatant lying by Bob last night while pimping Marley & Me on DVD last night? For those of us in "Real World", M&M DID just come out, what, yesterday? But in Ranch World, was it even Christmas yet? How'd Bob get a copy of that DVD before it was even in theatres? Oh, the magic of television . . .
    It was definitely after Christmas at the ranch because Allison had already given birth (which happened in January). I can't remember exactly when her baby was born, but in last week's episode, she was back for the weigh-in and my understanding from press reports was that she was back on duty with TBL 8 days after giving birth, so this week's episode was actually filmed mid- to late-January.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3407213;
    Laura voted off the biggest threat to herself in voting off Sione, so that was the sensible decision. I haven't always liked Sione's gameplay and whining (though Felipe is the more guilty of this), but I enjoy him as a viewer more than Helen. Helen is no doubt a hard worker and successful game player, but I find her attitude grating. "I'm not ready to go hooooooooome." Frankly I have disliked Helen ever since her daughter fell on the sword for her--I contrast her to Kristin's mom or mothers from other seasons, and find a definite lack of maternal devotion/self-servingness radiating from Helen. I think she was probably always the hot thing when she was younger, and in a sense is trying to get back there again, so she can strut around as a 'MILF'. By the looks of it, she hasn't changed her hair since those 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' days, and I can't wait to see them chop it OFF for the makeover.

ITA!!! There is just something about Helen that leaves a bad taste in my mouth! Ever since she let her daughter go home. Talk about being self centered! I was really hoping that she was the one that would be going home. I think if she throws her own daughter under the bus....no one is safe with her!

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3408842;
    ITA!!! There is just something about Helen that leaves a bad taste in my mouth! Ever since she let her daughter go home. Talk about being self centered! I was really hoping that she was the one that would be going home. I think if she throws her own daughter under the bus....no one is safe with her!
    I kind of can't get past that with Helen either. I almost wonder if maybe Shannon didn't really have an interest in being on the show and Helen just drug her on board so she would have a partner. At least I hope that's it - otherwise she totally screwed her daughter over.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3408806;
    Laura was the one who came up with the idea for Tara to throw the weigh-in, and Tara kept saying it didn't feel right to her to do that. At least that was the way the discussion went when they were sitting on the bed in their room after Laura won the ticket.
    I read somewhere, (this thread?), that Kristen said that Tara brought it up just after Laura got the ticket... it was her idea. Of course, that was according to what someone said...

That said, Tara said herself that she wasn't even going to try much on the last workout... she wasn't working hard to prevent going under. Her three pound loss also supports what she said. So, though she may not have went balls out to fall below the line, she wasn't trying hard not to.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3408888;
    I read somewhere, (this thread?), that Kristen said that Tara brought it up just after Laura got the ticket... it was her idea. Of course, that was according to what someone said...

That said, Tara said herself that she wasn't even going to try much on the last workout... she wasn't working hard to prevent going under. Her three pound loss also supports what she said. So, though she may not have went balls out to fall below the line, she wasn't trying hard not to.
    Considering that the contestents workout 2 or 3 times or more a day I don't think going 'easy" on the last workout really makes that much of a difference over a 7 day period.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Considering that the contestents workout 2 or 3 times or more a day I don't think going 'easy" on the last workout really makes that much of a difference over a 7 day period.
    The point was that even though someone said she didn't "fall for the idea," it could be argued that she didn't exactly do her best to stay above the yellow line. Jillian didn't think so either.
    And the final chance workout is stressed on this show because it is an important workout.

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3408852;
    I kind of can't get past that with Helen either. I almost wonder if maybe Shannon didn't really have an interest in being on the show and Helen just drug her on board so she would have a partner. At least I hope that's it - otherwise she totally screwed her daughter over.
    If I remember correctly, Shannon actually DID want to stay but Helen made sure the others voted for Shannon to leave.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread