+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/31 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/31 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by bubblybear;3402835;
    I don't necessarily fault him for begging for his son to stay, but the "I will tell you who to send home because I know what is best for everyone and who can do this at home and who can't" speeches are highly annoying.
    Yeah, me too. I totally understand him wanting to keep Mike there, even though I'm not sure his efforts are always appropriate. But the speeches - exactly as you describe - really turn me off. I'm glad he's lost as much weight as he has, though, and I really hope he and Mike will be able to inspire Mike's brother to get healthy when they get home. And, I wouldn't mind Mike winning!

Quote Originally Posted by LynCEA;3402646;
    [COLOR="Sienna"]Hi, everyone. First time posting here. I've enjoyed the discussion.

I totally agree with you on wanting Ron to stay and that Nicole will do ok at home. I like Ron. He seems like a genuine person to me. He seems kind and big-hearted.

But did you see how Nicole was glaring at everyone as they revealed their decisions? And saying "If they're my friends, they'll keep me here" - just seemed manipulative to me - and then add that glare - I was glad she left. I wish her happiness in her marriage - she looked gorgeous in her wedding gown and is doing just fine, seems to me. Ron needed to stay more than she did./COLOR]
    Well Nicole should really have seen the handwriting on the wall before they got to the final vote. No one there really knew her so had no attachment to her. Plus they would no doubt be fearful that she might outlast many of them. I doubt that many of them fear Ron and probably don't think that he can beat any of them out. Nicole could have and probably would have if they hadn't sent her packing, if she'd ever unpacked in the first place.

Just to clarify (there seems to be confusion):

Per her interviews, Jillian has not been happy with the format of TBL (USA production) for quite some time. In fact, she has stated that she left and worked on TBL Australia (instead, one season) because of the way the producers edit and spin the show here (she said they build outlandish 'caricatures' that do not really represent reality and she was not happy about it). Mostly, in reading/watching the recent interviews, one gets the feeling that Jillian is tired of producer manipulation, egos and 'game-play.' Specifically, Jillian cited the fact that contestants are now showing up looking for fame and fortune instead of a new, healthy life. Jillian did not seem too happy about this new development, noting that the players now have different goals outside of just losing weight. She provided an example by revealing that some contestants (this season) showed up on campus and immediately asked about getting agents to represent them...
    Thus:
    As for the negotiations...maybe Jillian is asking for less 'game' play because she views this as more than a reality tv show, whereas NBC is trying to make a Reality TV show (I'll put an except below from a few seasons ago where she was talking about how producers are too involved and skew the game and the process to make tv). I wonder how far they are willing to negotiate w/ her and meet her terms. I even wonder if she has said that she will not work with Bob's members after he has conditioned them to hate her and believe in him (Master Bob) more than themselves---she was pretty blunt about her feelings when it comes to working with Bob's team members. (Recent audio interview about THIS season)

______________________________ ________

Here you can see why Jillian has become more and more fed up with the show: (This was from a few seasons ago when Bob was allowed to pick his entire team and he picked all the guy contestants (and, as sucky as it is, it is a medical fact that males can 'physically' lose weight faster than females)) (so, males do have an inherent advantage...not that I am saying the guys will always benefit/win...because, as we have seen, some of the girls have won):

“I think people need to appreciate that there’s a third player in this game and the third player is production. The producers don’t want to see me win one more time. My team is sort of paying for me. Letting Bob pick his entire team…C’mon, really? I get it and I understand it would be bad TV but at the same time it hurts my contestants. All of the challenges are geared toward the boys. My team is upset more so because they feel as though the rules are being changed at a whim so things will come out a certain way.” --jillian

So, there is my take on where Jillian is at the moment...I just wanted to clarify because I think some people were confused with the time frame.
    Last edited by mindy384; 04-05-2009 at 10:42 PM.

CCL

But as Jillian puts it herself, it is a game. If it was just a show about losing weight, it would be on The Life Channel or something like that. Honestly, if she is unhappy with the goings-on, she should quit. There's no point in complaining to the producers because I doubt they are going to change the format (as the show is/has been successful in the ratings, which is what matters to the producers most).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3404048;
    But as Jillian puts it herself, it is a game. If it was just a show about losing weight, it would be on The Life Channel or something like that. Honestly, if she is unhappy with the goings-on, she should quit. There's no point in complaining to the producers because I doubt they are going to change the format (as the show is/has been successful in the ratings, which is what matters to the producers most).
    It is not that simple (thank goodness)-Jillian is considering quitting but the viewers are very angry about it and many people are signing stuff and going to the sites and saying that they will no longer watch without Jillian--I think this is why NBC is even bothering to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3404050;
    It is not that simple (thank goodness)-Jillian is considering quitting but the viewers are very angry about it and many people are signing stuff and going to the sites and saying that they will no longer watch without Jillian--I think this is why NBC is even bothering to negotiate.
    I hated Kim, and was so happy when Jillian made the surprise return with the back team. Love her or hate her, she is great at what she does. Even when they stacked the teams in Bobs favor, she ended up with 2 our 3 in the final (Ali win). She brought her Mom in that year to council her team. Bob told his boys that they didn't need to get to the heart of their weight problems.

As far as challenges favoring men, that was the same season they had the crazy obstacle course that involved flipping huge tires. The whole thing was geared towards football players (Pride on 3).
    I think they should eliminate assigning one trainer to

I hope she stays. I also hope that she begs Nintendo to improve her Wii game.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=mindy384;3403765;] She provided an example by revealing that some contestants (this season) showed up on campus and immediately asked about getting agents to represent them...

QUOTE]

I wonder who she is referring to? Tara and Laura were models previously, so are they the ones asking for agents? Would they already have agents?

I shudder to think that the other contestants feel they are star worthy. Work on maintaining the weight loss people, instead of trying to become famous.

I really can't see any of them being considered "star worthy". Honestly, can anyone else?

[QUOTE=bubblybear;3404477;]
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3403765;
    She provided an example by revealing that some contestants (this season) showed up on campus and immediately asked about getting agents to represent them...

QUOTE]

I wonder who she is referring to? Tara and Laura were models previously, so are they the ones asking for agents? Would they already have agents?

I shudder to think that the other contestants feel they are star worthy. Work on maintaining the weight loss people, instead of trying to become famous.

I really can't see any of them being considered "star worthy". Honestly, can anyone else?
    I think David and Joelle for sure. Maybe Filipe, as he reminds me a bit of Duane "The Rock" Johnson.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3404050;
    How many people would actually quit watching if she left though? I think the numbers would be quite small.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3404556;
    How many people would actually quit watching if she left though? I think the numbers would be quite small.
    I have no idea but apparently the reaction has been so negative and strong that NBC is willing to negotiate in the first place...

I have seen on numerous sites where people have said that they would not watch the show... I don't even know if I could handle TBL with Bob and another Bob-clone--and I am a huge fan!

+ Reply to Thread