+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Injuries

Injuries

This season there seems to be a plague of injuries to the contestants (just like DWTS). How will this play into the game?

We know that Ron has bad knees and apparently shoulders from carrying around 500lbs his whole life. HIs ability to do cardio has been impaired, so I do not see a win from the Godfather.

Kristen has a mystery ailment that does not prevent her from running. Hernia maybe? If she has a hernia, I do not see her winning either. This is all I can come up with, based on the activites they do show her doing.

Laura is walking around in a walking cast. Stress fractures seem common on this show so I do not think it will have much impact on her progress. It can't be bad, becasue they mhave not mentioned it at all.

Sionne sprained his ankle, but it never slowed him down. It will be easier to sprain again with a longer rehab.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3398776;
    This season there seems to be a plague of injuries to the contestants (just like DWTS). How will this play into the game?

We know that Ron has bad knees and apparently shoulders from carrying around 500lbs his whole life. HIs ability to do cardio has been impaired, so I do not see a win from the Godfather.

Kristen has a mystery ailment that does not prevent her from running. Hernia maybe? If she has a hernia, I do not see her winning either. This is all I can come up with, based on the activites they do show her doing.

Laura is walking around in a walking cast. Stress fractures seem common on this show so I do not think it will have much impact on her progress. It can't be bad, becasue they mhave not mentioned it at all.

Sionne sprained his ankle, but it never slowed him down. It will be easier to sprain again with a longer rehab.
    Okay, I feel bad for the contestants but in a way this makes me feel better personally. Not really - I don't wish any ill on any of them, but I have been working out very loyally since the start of this season, and EVERYTHING has hurt at some point. I have been thinking all season, 'How do these people work out like that and NOT hurt ankles, knees, etc'? I do about 4 miles on my treadmill every day, and my feet are killing me when I get off and I am not nearly the size of some of these people so I have been wondering how they all do it withOUT getting hurt and I guess the answer is, they don't. Sorry to hear that (and I wish my feet would stop hurting ).

I think part of the recovery is the medical assistance you recieve. I am sure that they are treated very well. Doing everything you are supposed (maybe not the rest part) to do when injured. I know that "common" sports injuries recover rather quickly if you follow "doctors instructions" exactly.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

'common' injuries do heal quickly in normal sized people. however, when a person has a significant amount of wieght over normal, an injury can take much longer to heal (i'm addressing the ones that are back or lower extremity related) because of the additional stress on the area.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Though he had started getting bigger losses again... but I think his injuries/illnesses will prevent him from losing weight as quickly as he needs to for the game.

In her exit interview, Cathy mentioned that Kristen was having problems with her back. Three discs were compressed, I believe. With that kind of injury, it's amazing Kristen is still hanging in so strong.

It's AMAZING to me that not even more people have intense physical injuries. I don't know for sure, but I assume they do cardio every day and weights only every other. Muscles need time to heal and rest after a workout.

+ Reply to Thread