+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Very impressed with them finishing a half marathon (with the exception of Ron who admitted that he never intended to try and do the whole 13.1 miles - that was bull. At least walk the distance ... it took him about 2 hours to go 4 miles, so about 6-7 hours to walk 13.1 .. why not attempt it? With a defeatist/negative attitude like that, I see him ballooning up again after the show is over. Hopefully his wife and Mike can keep him in check).

If Helen was smart, she would've eaten at least 2 cookies each for both Tara and Sione. Everyone knew that Tara and Sione were going to be the top two finishers, with Helen third, so she would have to knock them both out. I recall Kristen was shown eating at least one cookie and Aubrey was shown eating two (she mentioned “5 minutes for you” eating the first, then said “let's make it 10” eating the second). Why didn't they show that? How Kristen and Aubrey thought that they could actually come in first without eating all the cookies is beyond me. I wished that there were consequences for eating the cookies too and not just the calories gained. They burned off the cookies in the first hour of the half marathon.

No pity for the Blue team losing 3 weigh-ins in a row, they did it to themselves by voting off the biggest weight losers in Dane and Mandi.

Was it just me, or did Shannon look like she's gained some weight? She looked bigger than when they last showed her.

According to the previews, they're back in their original colors, so it looks like singles again. Ron is so screwed, he may have had a big week this week, but he usually has the lowest weight loss percentage. I think Kristen might be in trouble too, since she’s usually hit or miss with the weigh loss. Those two are the heaviest, so they need to hit double digits in order to be safe.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3386285;

Does anyone else think Tara looks like Kate Winslet?
    Apart from the hair, no. But that's just me.

I am now in Sione's corner as the most Potential Hotness. At first I thought his cousin was the better-looking one. But Sione has proven me wrong. Not to mention, Felipe whines like a girl. I think the 'fro is also too tall, making him look womanish.
    Yeah, I think Sione is going to end up the hottest guy (with Mike also a possibility).

I was peeved at Ron for not finishing the half-marathon, especially his comments about how he never intended to finish it in the first place. I would have had more respect for him if he had stayed the course and walked the miles (even if it took him a couple of days).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am peeved. I was over at the NBC transformation gallary looking at Cathy's before and after photos. WHAT IDIOT PUT HER IN A BIG BAGGY SWEATSHIRT??? You cannot see how much she has lost. Is the photographer a complete moron? What about the producers? This is so lame.:nono
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was clicking back and forth from Idol to Loser for the 2 hours last night, so I missed bits and pieces of each show. It was amazing how casual everyone reacted to Helen causing Tara to lose $10,000. I would have wanted some kind of reason why Helen ate the cookie and Helen could have at least offered an apology...Pleeeeeeease.

Running 13 miles is no easy task. The show could have at least offered a second prize.

Hope Sione enjoys the money.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3386202;
    Wouldn't it be funny if Ron made it to the finals? He has lost almost 100 lbs. and sneaks the loss numbers in so he doesn't stand out in the crowd. Maybe that's Bob's strategy-bringing the numbers in under the radar!
    Losing 100 pounds SOUNDS impressive, true, but this show is all about percentages. Is it really more impressive for a 430 pound man to have lost 100 pounds than a 290 pound woman to have lost 96? To me it doesn't even seem close--her percentage is WAY higher (as are many of the other's percentages, I'd bet).

Of course it could be argued that Ron could be KEEPING weight on so he's got more to lose in the "at home" stage of the game. And it helps that he's schemed and whined and manipulated to not go home in the five or six cases where he should have based on his percentages.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I was hoping that Aubrey would be the immune person with 7 pounds (percentage wise), but Ron got lucky with 10. He should have been the one on the way out - he obviously loses more at home now than on the ranch!!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Is everyone forgetting that Ron is injured? As Mike said, what Ron has managed to do with one knee and one shoulder is really impressive!!! On his really bad knee, I think the four miles is pretty good... he does most of his working out in a pool, not pounding pavement.

Helen did great on the run. She was only 15 minutes behind Tara and Sione. She obviously didn't want to pig out on cookies... and she had some confidence she could do well (rightly so). So, she pinpointed her toughest competitor and ate ONE cookie just in case she was within five minutes of her. It was a small amount of insurance that didn't pan out this time. I personally don't think it was right for her to eat the cookie, (it's the principle of the thing... they are there to lose weight not to win 10 grand) but I can understand why she decided to eat that cookie. It would have sucked to have lost by five minutes, and to know you were 370 cals away from 10 grand.
    To beat both Sione AND Tara, she would have had to eat 6 or 7. I don't think she would have been able to justify that with herself... also, she had no way of knowing how far ahead or behind the others might be. She could have ate 5 cookies and still lost. So, I believe that her thinkng was one cookie against Tara for a little insurance.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 03-18-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3386504;
    Losing 100 pounds SOUNDS impressive, true, but this show is all about percentages. Is it really more impressive for a 430 pound man to have lost 100 pounds than a 290 pound woman to have lost 96? To me it doesn't even seem close--her percentage is WAY higher (as are many of the other's percentages, I'd bet).
    yes, thank you. It is also more impressive for Tara to hit (lose) 100 pounds before or at the same time as Kristen (because Kristen started out heavier). I do not know why they are putting so much focus on this one milestone....kristen needs to not lose just 100 lbs, but double! Anyhow, just wanted to say that the presentation irritates me too! Thanks for the excellent explanatory post, Krom!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3386625;
    Is everyone forgetting that Ron is injured? As Mike said, what Ron has managed to do with one knee and one shoulder is really impressive!!!
    I have to share, its terrible, but I must.

When Mike (whom I love) gave that quote last night my husband added in:

"I mean, he only has one shoulder and one knee"..."and 4 boobies"
    My hubby, always the sarcastic one.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Mindy. I would be banned if I told you what my husband thinks Ron's chest looks like.

yes, thank you. It is also more impressive for Tara to hit (lose) 100 pounds before or at the same time as Kristen (because Kristen started out heavier). I do not know why they are putting so much focus on this one milestone....kristen needs to not lose just 100 lbs, but double! Anyhow, just wanted to say that the presentation irritates me too! Thanks for the excellent explanatory post, Krom!
    I disagree in some ways. Tara, being lighter and naturally atheletic, was able to work herself up to a level of athleticism far quicker than Kristen. I don't want to take away from Tara's achievement... but Kristen is doing fantastic considering how heavy she still is!
    I find Ron to be doubly impressive of all of them. Dr. Huizenga said something to the effect that Ron's body carries weight very strangely because of his operation and there is a lot of natural resistance to losing the weight. A naturally athletic, phsically strong person like Tara is going to have a far easier time dropping pounds...
    Ron's 100 pounds is VERY impressive.

+ Reply to Thread