+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Premium Member

Re: 3/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

I didn't see the previews, are they going to mix up the teams. Please. This is turning into a bloodshed Black is destroying Blue.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3385771;
    MOG. are they seriously not sending Ron home?!

why isn't Ron volunteering?! -________-
    Because Ron would never volunteer to go home. What he does is declare that it is so-and-so's time to go home and thus it is determined. He probably pulled Cathy aside in the hallway and told her it was her time to go and that's why she nominated herself.

I'd listen to Jillian, as per her instructions, but only regarding training in the gym. I'm not listening to her about mashed cauliflower, and I've also not been brainwashed by her to push Extra gum on my friends like Tara was doing.

Aubrey has become one of those people who makes a change in her life and then becomes preachy about it. I totally understand where she was coming from with regards to her dad, but the way she was saying it, not to mention having to televise it...ugh.

Also, where is this restaurant that serves cookies on plates that Mike and Ron went to? I want to visit it. Mmm, chocolate chip cookies...I wouldn't have been tempted by the sugar cookies but give me some chocolate chip ones and I'd have been adding on five minutes right and elft.
    Last edited by CCL; 03-17-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3385898;
    Because Ron would never volunteer to go home. What he does is declare that it is so-and-so's time to go home and thus it is determined. He probably pulled Cathy aside in the hallway and told her it was her time to go and that's why she nominated herself.

I'd listen to Jillian, as per her instructions, but only regarding training in the gym. I'm not listening to her about mashed cauliflower, and I've also not been brainwashed by her to push Extra gum on my friends like Tara was doing.

Aubrey has become one of those people who makes a change in her life and then becomes preachy about it. I totally understand where she was coming from with regards to her dad, but the way she was saying it, not to mention having to televise it...ugh.
    Ron had immunity this week since he had the best weight percentage. But I agree I am beginning to dislike Ron telling everyone what to do.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Originally Posted by tenchikiss
    MOG. are they seriously not sending Ron home?!

why isn't Ron volunteering?! -________-
    He had immunity... can't be voted out. He has also lost over 100 pds on this show. Something most others haven't managed to do... including Sione and Tara. He's more of an asset for weighins than he gets credit for. Though he's certainly NOT an asset in challenges.

I have a question... they showed all kinds of people (Aubrey, Kristen, etc.) mowing down on a cookie, so why is it that only Helen was the one to eat a cookie and take away the win from Tara? Stupid editing?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3385898;

Exactly my thoughts--there is a time and place for that conversation that does NOT involve film crews. How could she do that? He obviously has a problem and needs counseling, not complaints and pressure from his daughter on national tv. Clearly, dad was this size long before she started TBL, was she not concerned then? It's funny how Aubrey was headed in the same direction just a few months ago but now thinks she is a personal trainer/counselor.
    Stop confronting dad about HIS problems on tv and really help him...not with words but actions. :nono

CCL

Have to give a to your post, mindy384.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3385919;

I have a question... they showed all kinds of people (Aubrey, Kristen, etc.) mowing down on a cookie, so why is it that only Helen was the one to eat a cookie and take away the win from Tara? Stupid editing?
    We were wondering the same thing... it clearly looked like Aubrey took at least one bite. And it didnt show her saying "I have decided not to eat any cookies."

So what happened with the 1/2 marathon? Did everyone eat the cookies or not?

I was flipping between TBL and AI, and this was on at the wrong time!!! LOL

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I guess we have to assume that only Helen ate a cookie since she was the only one that responded. But it was really bad editing all the way round. :rolleyes

Tara's response to that was really dumb too. She said something to the effect that BOTH her and Sione were at the top... why did Helen only give her a cookie?
    Well, maybe because Helen couldn't have possibly known for sure AHEAD of time who would be the top two. She just ate one cookie against who she thought her biggest competitor was. Hello, Tara.

I just don't know how to feel about Helen though. Part of me loves her for being 48 and being SO tough. She was only fifteen minutes behind Tara and Sione, after all. But part of me hates that she would even consider eating a cookie. Just bad priorities at this point of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3385919;
    He had immunity... can't be voted out. He has also lost over 100 pds on this show. Something most others haven't managed to do... including Sione and Tara.
    Tara is literally half his size. Purely in terms of body mass? I'm sure she's WAY outclassed his results.

And Sione is half his brain-power.

Ron is playing the game and manipulating. He's no hero, but I suppose deserves lauds just for actually doing what these shows set people up to do. And that doesn't stop him from being a hypocrite--it just adds the extra layer that he's a hypocrite doing this for a purpose.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread