+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 173

Thread: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,036

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    wow. I just cannot understand Kristen and Kathy wanting to stick with Ron even if they've been with him since the beginning. They continue to lose challenges and weigh-ins. I think they will have a hard time winning with ron there. And why is he the one deciding who goes? And why would the black team have picked Aubrey to go home? Why wouldn't they pick Kristen? She's done pretty good at challenges and weight loss.

    I couldn't believe the black team on their day off. Have they not only learned nothing but forgotten they're in a competition to win money? I think they were so certain of their win. Pride goes before a fall and all that. I hope the low numbers this week will be enough to shake them up.

    I also don't understand Felipe. I think Jillian could have worked out with him, but I think this all started with Bob crying and them crying that boo hoo they had to train with Jillian. I don't think they've cared to work with her and she obviously picked up on that. That's why she even asked him the question when she was ranting. I don't think they ever gave her a fair chance. I haven't been liking Bob for several seasons now, it seems he gets worse every season when "he" doesn't win. I think it drives him crazy that Jillian's team has won every season she's been on. It was very telling when the team switches happened. Bob started crying and Jillian said that Bob would hate it. She sounded concerned for him, rather than thinking of herself, but Bob just thought about himself. And then whined and cried about it.

    I haven't always liked everything that Tara has done but at this point I think I want her to win, or Laura. I think Tara's chances are better. I don't think she water loaded tonight because by losing 0 pounds if the black team lost she would be at risk to go home. The former blue members have the advantage on that team too. She's probably lucky the black team won since she didn't have immunity.

  2. #92
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3379296;
    Ron has bad knee problems. As a person missing her ACL, I can tell you that those wallsquats would have been IMPOSSIBLE for me to do.. too much pressure placed on my knee. But that makes it all the more important for this team to get rid of him if they actually want to win a team challenge. Until they do they need to stop their whimpering and whining when they lose repeatedly.
    Oh, I know he has knee problems (someone reminds us every ten minutes) but it looks like he does not even try! Obviously many of these challenges would be hard for him but like I said he is always the first one out and he looks like he could care less. He does not even look like he is trying and that is what bothers me (that mentality, I CANT, is what got him in this position in the first place)

    And ITA with the bolded section, Kristen especially annoys me talking about how hard it is to lose and then turning around and voting off the strongest players.

    Ya know, this makes me wonder why no clips of Bob have been shown concerning the vote-offs. Youd think hed freak over losing the strongest players but I wonder if no footage has been shown because Bob is okay with how his core blue members are getting rid of the former black players. He probably thinks keeping original blue members around may help him finally get a Biggest Loser title this year (when they get to individuals- having the votes). If so, that is so sad.

  3. #93
    Reality Tv Addict taracran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    42
    Posts
    608

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3379189;
    Ron with the "Noone wants to go home...but it's Mandy's turn to go" just had me speechless. I really don't see how he has survived this long but now people will probably keep him around precisely because he is not a threat.
    I actually did see Filipe's point regarding Jillian. She didn't train him (or speak to him) at all during that one training session - that has to be galling. And not everyone likes being told by their trainer that they hate them, and they should be in an iron lung and that she wishes she could just be done with the season already. That's pretty harsh.
    I totally agree with you. Jillian was out of line, it's one thing to be mad but to keep going and going and going I would of snapped too. She was very mean and I'm sure she made her team feel like garbage.

    The blue team made their beds when the voted Dane off instead of Ron. I can't believe that they haven't figured out that is why the are always losing. I am tired of the crying, suck it up, you all screwed up!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    And another rant about the training situation... anyone else worried that the casting call for trainers may be because they need a replacement for Jillian? I think after tonight we could see why she may quit... it looks like she is tired of trying to help people when they refuse to help themselves (or just whine about how much they love Bob and hate how she makes them do things on their own) and she seems tired of Bob's crap. Poor Jillian looked so upset over her teams' choices at their reward, her eyes said it all: ''im busting ass to help you and you havent learned a thing... when you leave the ranch youll go right back to the same ol' same ol'''
    If Jillian goes and Bob stays then I will be one angry viewer.

  5. #95
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3379353;
    I totally agree with you. Jillian was out of line, it's one thing to be mad but to keep going and going and going I would of snapped too. She was very mean and I'm sure she made her team feel like garbage.

    The blue team made their beds when the voted Dane off instead of Ron. I can't believe that they haven't figured out that is why the are always losing. I am tired of the crying, suck it up, you all screwed up!
    See, I disagree, only because I think she got angrier when they wouldnt admit what they had done and acted like it was okay... if you trained these people and worked hard and they went out and blew it (and disregarded EVERYTHING they had learned) youd be angry too.
    I also think she used that approach because her team members just WERENT getting it--they cant stay on the ranch forever and she is concerned about their future decisions in the real world.
    They need to feel like CRAP and GARBAGE and everything else because they made STUPID decisions. Jillian is trying to make them feel bad now because in a few weeks she will not be around to do so! They will be on their own and it will help them if they connect REGRET and SHAME with such actions now--because, like I said, they will have to do that on an individual basis very soon. I am willing to bet she learned this technique from her mom (psychologist, right?): ASSOCIATION. If they associate these feelings (regret and remorse, like they have hurt themselves) then they will think twice before doing it again. (lets hope so)

    Maybe it stands out to us because Bob's method would be to pat them on the back and then .. maybe cry or something? And then, of course, go off and plot how he could MAYBE pull of a win against jillian this season.

    your bolded part made me lol-- they are pretty dumb, arent they?
    Last edited by mindy384; 03-11-2009 at 01:42 AM.

  6. #96
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3379347;
    I already was losing a bit of respect for the cousins because of the crying scene with Bob a couple of weeks ago but now I officially have NO respect for them. They are a couple of whiny BABIES! I put them right there with the whiny sisters on my dislike list. I like everyone else, except Ron gets on my nerves sometimes.
    Sorry to quote myself but I had only watched half of the episode at this point. Now that I watched the whole episode I will say that the sisters did earn a little respect from me. I thought that Ron was being a total jerk and a bully towards Mandi. Aubrey earned my respect because she was going to sacrifice herself for her sister and Mandi earned my respect because she DID sacrifice herself for Aubrey. I know that my sister and I would have done the same thing if we were in that position. My additional thoughts on the cousins are that they never gave Jillian a chance in the beginning because they were too busy grieving the loss of Bob. And Filipe could have called out to Jillian while they were in the gym and asked for 1-1 time with her. I don't think she meant to exclude him. And then after their binge she gave them the opportunity to own up even though she already knew what they had done. She had EVERY right to go off on them and Filipe had NO right to go off on her when the only thing she did wrong was that she isn't Bob. Even after the weigh-in Filipe was STILL not taking responsibility for his OWN actions and blamed it all on Jillian. I'm sorry but he's the one that shoved all that food and alcohol down his throat. Jillian wasn't even there. Such an immature little kid!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  7. #97
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Hey everyone. Haven't been posting around FoRT that much nowadays, but I've gone through this whole thread, and I mostly agree with everyone in here.

    Honestly, I have never been that fond of Filipe & Sione (mostly Filipe) ever since almost the beginning. Something about the two of them just irked me; I believe it was their OTT reactions to everything.

    Though they were kind of growing on me in the past few weeks. But Filipe just went down my books again with this last episode. I totally understand his being mad at Jillian for not coming up to work with him. That's what trainers are supposed to do! But he's gotta see that part of the blame falls on him. He never really gave Jill a chance with his love for Bob. Mike was open to Jill since he came on the Black Team, and look how successful he is. If he would just be a bit more open, then I'm sure Jillian would be a bit more interested in working with him.

    Another thing: he was the one who chose to stuff himself in kobe beef burgers, fries, and chicken tenders. Jillian knew about all of his intake when she came to meet with her team. Did he really expect her to react well to that?

    And lastly, HurriKaty brought up such a good point:

    Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3379282;
    All he had to do was ask Jillian to work with him and I'm sure she would have.
    For sure, all he had to do was take matters into his own hands and ask the woman to come help him! The only time he decided to do something was when he ran off to "his daddy." It really just shows how open he is with Jillian.

    Concerning the issue of Ron: I agree with everyone who said that he was condescending in his tone. I appreciate that he at least told Mandi beforehand so she and Aubrey didn't have to experience a shock vote. But he really is acting like a disdainful dictator of his team.

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3378724;
    why are there people blurred out in the gym? i thought the biggest loser owned this gym x_X
    I think it could just be the crew. I remember they were blurred when the Blue Team went to go train with Sugar Ray. The gym they were at was surrounded by mirrors, and the camera crew unfortunately were forced to film themselves from time to time. So the editors just used some blurring to hide them.

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Jillian. I think she dropped the ball here. A trainers job is to push and inspire their clients and she clearly didn't work with Filipe and Sione like she should have. She saw their devastation at losing Bob and that was her signal to step in and bond with them. It is not the clients job to ask for help. Her manner has worked in seasons past but she may have stepped over the line and allowed her wins to go to her head.

    Blue team. We see this kind of alliance every season when the teams mix. Their undying loyalty is causing their demise. Voting off Dane, their biggest asset, set the stage for the downward spiral. Apparently Bob didn't give them enough of his team spirit talk.

    Sione and Filipe. I totally understand their frustration. Just watching Bob do the last chance workout last night made me like him more and favor him as a trainer. I used to prefer Jillian but she has gone over the edge of the cliff for me.

    I would love to know it the blue team women have regrets about the way they voted, now that they are watching the show.

  9. #99
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,092

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    I am a bit confused. At first Filipe said he was pissed that he was on the treadmill for 2 hours and Jillian had one on one time with everyone on the black team except him and yet at the confrontation and meltdown he said (at least I think that is what he said) that Jillian has not trained him for a week. So which is it? One training session or a whole week?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #100
    Former Fort Lurker rozzie17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a world of my own
    Posts
    84

    Re: 3/10 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    "I'm Filipe, boo hoo, I'm a victim. Because Jillian ignored me I drowned myself in chicken fingers & french fries! WAHHHHH"
    Roz

    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.