+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3/3 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/3 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3367199;
    Also, I think dad may have coached Mike about the year of groceries and Aubrey...he's a game play man through and through and I agree with the other poster that having the sisters on their side could come through later on, and perhaps they are well off enough that they wouldn't "need" the prize?
    I agree completely. They showed Ron with a look of pride/satisfaction on his face after finding out his son gave away his prize. But I think he's probably prouder of his son's shrewd play rather than his good samaritan act.

I also thought Jillian's "meanest thing she's ever done" was pretty lame. And Tara is a bloody MACHINE! They showed a quick flash back to her at week one (and 294 lbs) and she was hardly recognizable. The editing has downplayed her win at all costs attitude in recent weeks so I'm warming back up to her.
    Don't let the small things sweat

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by teetoo;3367227;
    Filipe says something like: "He didn't even work out with me, and you did that" (referring to Jillian). So maybe Sione and Filipe come to blows and Jillian has something to do with it? Or maybe he's referring to Bob, but Bob is no longer is trainer?

Filipe was yelling about how he had been on the treadmill for 2 1/2 hours and Jillian never came over to train him.

I thought Jillian's tear-down of Laura was pretty mean. And I didn't really get why she (Jillian) was so satisfied at Laura's 7-pound loss this week, as if it meant she had learned something, when she had lost similar amounts the previous two weeks.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Wow, cynical much? Maybe Mike gave her the groceries cause he's a nice kid and wanted to help out the mom of 5. Maybe it didn't have anything to do with the game. And it seemed to me like his dad was surprised that Mike had done that. He seemed proud of him, but surprised. So I don't think they went in the back room and rubbed their hands together and talked strategy. Sometimes people just do nice things to do nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3367556;
    Filipe was yelling about how he had been on the treadmill for 2 1/2 hours and Jillian never came over to train him.

I thought Jillian's tear-down of Laura was pretty mean. And I didn't really get why she (Jillian) was so satisfied at Laura's 7-pound loss this week, as if it meant she had learned something, when she had lost similar amounts the previous two weeks.
    This is going to be crazy.... I really hope it is just the editing but it seemed like Filipe was yelling at Jillian :nono

So, according to this, he was on the treadmill 2.5 hours and she didnt have time to come over and work him out or something? Well, there are 5 other members on the black team, assuming they each get 1 hour/day.. then some days some people just do cardio.

I am confused and sad because I love the cousins and Tara and Jillian.. this looks bad for Black!

Oh-anyone else think Mike is getting a winner's edit this season?
    I can also see Sione, Tara, Kristin and Helen in F3 positions based on the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3367556;

I missed the Felipe yellfest and only came in at the start of the food bank challenge. The food bank challenge, by the way, was finally an example of a challenge that was both meaningful in terms of reward and weight loss (they were sweatin' it!), but also meaningful in terms of actually accomplishing something. No mounds of wasted junk food, no 'Fear Factor' style water challenges--they actually performed a real-world task, and showed that even volunteering for charity can be a fat-burning activity. I think next they should work on a Habitat for Humanity house.

I have said I think Jillian's rep as a meanie is undeserved, and if calling Laura out for not working to potential is the 'meanest thing she's ever done'--that's proof right there that 'mean' is all relative. Is everyone on Laura's team also mean if they agree (under duress a litle bit) that she is a weak link? I haven't seen enough of Laura to know if this is true, but that's her team's perception of her and Jill was just asking for validation. Then of course Laura loses 7 pounds, which doesn't seem like too weak to me. Compared to Tara she's lost like 25 pounds less--but should amount of weight alone decide who's the weak link? I didn't think that was all that mean. Laura now has something to think about regarding how she can improve team perception of her. So Jill did what any good trainer should do by increasing her client's awareness level.

I wonder if all this identification with the trainers is a good thing. I know that they are going for the maximum drama, but it might be interesting to see what would happen if all the contestants cross-trained with both trainers. What matters is what they each can bring out of themselves, not necessarily who their trainer is. If Bob and Jill combined their individual strengths to work with everybody, rather than segregating in two teams the true drama would stay where it belongs--on the scale. I'd also like to see results of a fitness test near the end of their stay at the ranch to compare it with how they were when they got there.

As for having to wait until next week to see Mikey's result . . .ARRRRGH!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DSReynolds77;3367681;
    Wow, cynical much? Maybe Mike gave her the groceries cause he's a nice kid and wanted to help out the mom of 5. Maybe it didn't have anything to do with the game. And it seemed to me like his dad was surprised that Mike had done that. He seemed proud of him, but surprised. So I don't think they went in the back room and rubbed their hands together and talked strategy. Sometimes people just do nice things to do nice things.
    I agree- I thought it was sweet and Mike does not need a year supply of food- and if he is living with his parents, Ron got the prize as well. We thought it stupid though to give the contestants a YEAR SUPPLY OF FOOD- wasn't that pretty much what landed them there in the first place? My daughter thought GM should have given the food bank thier prizes instead. The letters from home were a good enough prize.
    I was annoyed when they were all saying the pressure Mike was under at the weigh in. Why was it his responsibility to get them over the edge? Cathy? Sione? Those two should have been the ones to feel nervous- not Mike. However, I think the 77 lbs. was set after the original weigh in- they will win it or else they would be letting TBL let down a food bank.

FORT Regular

Ron did not get that prize only the winning team and he is no longer on the same team as his son.

I thought it was really nice of Mike.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3367961;
    I missed the Felipe yellfest and only came in at the start of the food bank challenge.
    You didn't miss it; they showed it at the beginning of the episode in the "look what's coming up" segment but then didn't actually show it on the show. So it must be on the continuation episode next week.

I have said I think Jillian's rep as a meanie is undeserved, and if calling Laura out for not working to potential is the 'meanest thing she's ever done'--that's proof right there that 'mean' is all relative. Is everyone on Laura's team also mean if they agree (under duress a litle bit) that she is a weak link? I haven't seen enough of Laura to know if this is true, but that's her team's perception of her and Jill was just asking for validation. Then of course Laura loses 7 pounds, which doesn't seem like too weak to me. Compared to Tara she's lost like 25 pounds less--but should amount of weight alone decide who's the weak link? I didn't think that was all that mean. Laura now has something to think about regarding how she can improve team perception of her. So Jill did what any good trainer should do by increasing her client's awareness level.
    I don't know that it was the meanest thing that Jillian has ever done, but I still thought it was mean, especially when she had the others join her in calling out Laura. And what did it accomplish? Laura wasn't doing that badly (she lost 8 pounds in the previous two weigh-ins). Maybe in comparison to the others she wasn't trying as hard but it didn't look like she was really slacking either (at least to me). Not everyone can work out for hours a day without complaint like robot-Tara (and even she has been shown to break down). People have different pain thresholds, emotional makeups etc.

I wonder if all this identification with the trainers is a good thing. I know that they are going for the maximum drama, but it might be interesting to see what would happen if all the contestants cross-trained with both trainers.
    Apparently they do switch trainers on days when they aren't filming. So Sione and Felipe get to be with their precious Bob again on certain days.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The Biggest Liar Marathon Scandal made next week's TV Guide issue.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast