+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 2/25 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 2/25 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Just want to add that my husband is a marathoner too, and when he saw the results of Dane's "marathon" he was flabbergasted. He said "No way." My husband is in the military and in pretty damn good physical shape and he still has yet to break the 4 hour mark in his first 3 marathons. We did a little digging on the internet that night and it didn't take long to discover the truth. Anyone with an ounce of integrity wouldn't have agreed to a ride in the van, no matter for what distance or for what filming deadline. You don't put the medal around your neck unless you earn it. Shame on NBC, especially to insinuate that they didn't know it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3351921;
    hear, hear.

er... what part of having their film crew document it made this something that they didn't learn until later? i guess some low-level producer is in trouble today!

be careful about passing judgment on an entire church based on the actions of two of its members. i have my own opinions about LDS, but i remain hopeful that most strive to be honest people

and good luck mandmmom2!!
    I have to come to CDW's defense here. I got the impression that she was not saying that all LDS are dishonest. I think that she was saying that Dan and his wife are not honest regardless of them being LDS.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by allie
    Originally Posted by Allie
    In the final segment of last night's episode of "The Biggest Loser," which updated viewers on the status of an eliminated contestant, the former contestant was shown running a marathon in his home state of Arizona. NBC today learned that the contestant did not,in fact, run the entire marathon as depicted in the segment. Because the segment as aired was contrary to NBC policy, we are working with the program producers to determine how this occurred, and to ensure that corrective action is taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3351921;
    er... what part of having their film crew document it made this something that they didn't learn until later? i guess some low-level producer is in trouble today!
    There's a difference between NBC the network and TBL producers. NBC was making the statement that they, as a network, weren't aware. That just means that the people that produce TBL are in trouble. :nono tsk tsk, eh?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie

NBC apologized 'Biggest Loser' issues a marathon apology for misleading viewers | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

(I hope it's okay to post the link, it's the latimes)

I'm really impressed with Dane and I wish him luck on his next marathon. I think it was a bad idea to have him ride in the van.

On Saturdays and Sundays on the Fine Living Network (FLN) the week's Biggest Loser episode is rebroadcast. Well, it was on and I watched especially the "Where are they now" segment. It has been reedited and while there is a bit showing Dane and his wife running together on a road and they have numbers on their jerseys, nothing is said or shown about Dane running in a marathon.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lorib64;3353382;
    NBC apologized 'Biggest Loser' issues a marathon apology for misleading viewers | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

(I hope it's okay to post the link, it's the latimes)

I'm really impressed with Dane and I wish him luck on his next marathon. I think it was a bad idea to have him ride in the van.

Thanks. I am glad this got cleared up.

I don't usually look forward to this show. It is one I tivo and speed through most of the time. Not this week, I am looking forward to Bob's reaction upon seeing Dane gone and Ron sitting there. They didn't show him flipping out in the preview, which is odd. Perhaps Jillian trumped him this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3356652;
    On Saturdays and Sundays on the Fine Living Network (FLN) the week's Biggest Loser episode is rebroadcast. Well, it was on and I watched especially the "Where are they now" segment. It has been reedited and while there is a bit showing Dane and his wife running together on a road and they have numbers on their jerseys, nothing is said or shown about Dane running in a marathon.
    Yes! I watched it too, and was like "OK, where's all the marathon stuff they were talking about?" Re-edited, indeed...

By the way, I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet, since we were so focused on the Dane-Gate Marathon Scandal, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed the cover of 'Prevention' that they flashed on the screen in the 2/25 episode. It looked like Aubrey was on the cover and she was SKIN-NEE. I did a cursory Google search, but couldn't find an image of it online. Anyone?

CCL

^ It's not her but the model does look a lot like her. I always do a bit of a double-take when I see it in the store.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3362585;
    ^ It's not her but the model does look a lot like her. I always do a bit of a double-take when I see it in the store.
    Thanks CCL! I didn't even think to look for it on a newsstand. God forbid I should actually venture out of my home to look at a paper magazine...

+ Reply to Thread