Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/24 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

FORT Regular

Re: 2/24 Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3346187;
    LMAO!! Hilarious.
    I really really REALLY hate the yellow team. I am so glad they are now on Bob's blue team so I can be triple happy when they go home. And, of course, Mandi wanted to quit and suggested the idea. What a loser.
    I was quite proud of Aubrey on the other hand.

LMAO!!!! Sponsored by kleenex! ROTFL!!!

jeez, the former bob team members must have been brainwashed by him to think that he was the best trainer in the world or something because their crying was ridiculous. Bob, too, is delusional I think. I used to like him, but now he just annoys me. Everyone should be happy to be on Jillian's team with her track record.

I think it's funny that the former yellow team cried and complained less about their switch than the former pink and blue teams, and bob. lol.

FORT Regular

the video montage and soft music was hilarious. i think they were all being overly dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3345871;
    OH! *insert sad music and back flashes of the "good times" for bob's team* you would think someone died x_X
    Way to much to handle! This show is starting to suck, no wonder they are looking for new trainers. Bob and his , Suck it up!!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3346246;
    Way to much to handle! This show is starting to suck, no wonder they are looking for new trainers. Bob and his , Suck it up!!
    New trainers? What? Details!

They can get rid of Bob but NOT jillian!

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3345861;
    Poor Bob, seriously every freaking year he gets screwed like this. Bob should be able to get Sione and Filipe back and send Boohoos back to Jillian to make it more fair.
    That isn't the case at all IMO. It's Jillian who has been screwed ever since S5, when they changed the show to its current couples format. Think about it, in S5, Bob and Jillian had to climb a set of escalators backwards, and if they won, they would be able to choose who would be on their team. It was kind of made for Bob to win, and he eventually did. Who did he pick? The strongest guys (plus Jackie). His team was stacked, but Jillian still persevered through the odds and pulled out the win.

In S6, they had Heba choose the teams after she won that challenge. Bob ended up having a 1-person advantage when the teams were first formed. Not to mention that in the finale, he had 3 people (Heba, Vicky, Ed) over Jillian's 1 person (Michelle). There was a good chance he could have won. Michelle and Vicky were neck and neck throughout the end half of the season. And Heba lost an amazing amount of weight for the finale. But in the end, Michelle still won out.

Bob may have been screwed this season, but it's the very first time that he has had the disadvantage. And it all came to luck, so there could have been no producer manupulation at all (you know, if they producers actually do step in and try to help Bob for the win).

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3345882;
    It's not that I totally hate her or anything, just.. look at her. She use to be a model, is incredibly motivated, and loses about 15 pounds a week. Not only is that incredibly fishy, but someone like her should have been able to lose weight OFF the show.
    I'm sorry, but that last statement was kinda ridiculous. Tara, or anyone else, would not even be at the ranch if she were able to lose to weight at home. TBL is pretty much the last resort overweight people have before gastic bypass. Fact is, this game is life-changing, and I really don't think Tara would take that opportunity away from anyone else who tried out for the show.

I think it's just that when she found herself in the environment of TBL, she just found extreme motivation. Every contestant there wants to win, and when they're in a big competition like this, then they'll do anything to get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3346104;
    Who cares what team you are on you are still at the ranch. Adapt and survive. What a bunch of whinners.

Anyway in regards to Mike and Ron, I am so over the tearfest here. The editing annoys me no end. I don't care about either of them. Just shut up and eat right and work out hard. I would luv if both had been sent home eons ago.
    Mike & Ron are getting kind of ludicrous. At first, they were pretty okay, but their edit has been getting annoying. It was touching to see Ron say, "Do this for my son," the first time he said it, but when I heard it for the 10th time, I think I had had enough.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17;3345992;
    Didn't anyone else think the weeping and carrying on by Bob and his former minions was a little over the top.
    You mean other than all of the rest of us who've already posted that we thought that the weeping and carrying on (and particularly the cheesy music o' sadness) was over the top? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3346455;
    That isn't the case at all IMO. It's Jillian who has been screwed ever since S5, when they changed the show to its current couples format.
    Exactly. And its been Jillian and her superior methods overcoming those disadvantages. Jillian doesn't try to be "friends" with these people and make them dependent on her, she fosters a situation where if you don't step it up she lets you crash and burn. The rare contestants she HAS seemed to befriend have been those who go beyond a need for her approval or her standing over them and clucking like a mother hen, and THOSE people she gushes about. But it seems core to her philosophy that its always clear that their motivation damn well better be coming from inside themselves, or she has no patience for them. Whereas Bob's folks seem to get into this mode where they are doing it "for team Blue", or for Bob, or for some combination of those.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-25-2009 at 05:46 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

People often attatch to their trainers as one does to a therapist; it's called transference and it goes both ways. That is what we were seeing in Bob and his former team; it happens and is real. It must have made the others feel terrible. How difficult would it be to keep motivated if your trainer is mourning his lost clients and is disappointed to have you on his team?! Ouch.

Jillian handled it well and was probably thrilled to see she retained Tara and gained Filipe and Sione. Losing Ron was a huge advantage and gaining Don will benefit her team. She will run him ragged and we will see huge losses for him. He has the right attitude; he knows he is with a winner and will succeed, now. I don't think Bob connected with him. Don wasn't in the sob scene and Bob made no mention of losing him.

It is time for Ron to go home. The only thing he can do is reduce his calories and exercise in a pool and he can do that at home. It will probably benefit him more by not participating in some of the more rigorous challenges he dragges himself through.

I was shocked to hear Helen talk about her shin splints hurting. This is a serious injury that occurs when you over work your legs and not easily healed. We caught a glimpse of some with their legs iced, in the background in a previous show. This is something trainers in real life caution against and avoid at all costs.

And just for the record I adore Tara and like Filipe and Sione. Jillian has a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3346461;
    You mean other than all of the rest of us who've already posted that we thought that the weeping and carrying on (and particularly the cheesy music o' sadness) was over the top? Nah.
    Sorry if I annoyed you. I guess I'll go back to reading instead of posting.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Did anyone else think Bob's tears could be strategy? I mean, the man is all about winning, and how best to sabotage the other team by keeping the apron strings tied to Bob? I don't remember if they all were crying (except for Helen)at first, but as soon as Bob started the waterworks, they were all blubbering fools. What a plan!!! Keep your former team still attached to you, hoodwink your new team, and you've got a winner from any angle!
    I liked that Jillian thought that they could get the best of both training-way to consider the contestants' feelings! And to try to keep them focused of the end prize-losing weight and keeping it off!

Closed Thread