+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

CCL

Re: 2/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

How long before the finale? There's still a lot of people at the ranch so it must be several weeks of real-time yet before the finale. They were taping in the Fall and they were at the ranch (the ones who stayed until the end) for a total of 20 weeks rather than the usual 12 (anyone know when they started and finished taping?). I don't know if that means anything with regards to the finale date, though I guess it means some people got the benefit of having more time at the ranch compared to contestants on other seasons.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3328524;
    You're underestimating the yellow team. (or overestimating their ability to be decent...)
    or their ability to color coordinate by wearing yellow eyeshadow.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3332039;
    or their ability to color coordinate by wearing yellow eyeshadow.
    Now, now, purple puts purple streaks in their hair.... Do we think it's by chance that the guys are blue, brown and black?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3331995;
    How long before the finale? There's still a lot of people at the ranch so it must be several weeks of real-time yet before the finale. They were taping in the Fall and they were at the ranch (the ones who stayed until the end) for a total of 20 weeks rather than the usual 12 (anyone know when they started and finished taping?). I don't know if that means anything with regards to the finale date, though I guess it means some people got the benefit of having more time at the ranch compared to contestants on other seasons.

I don't know what the exact date is for the finale, but it's in May sometime. They started filming in September and they were supposed to all be home in February. I know they are all setting up Facebook pages, and they aren't supposed to do that until everyone is home.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3332147;
    Now, now, purple puts purple streaks in their hair.... Do we think it's by chance that the guys are blue, brown and black?
    I liked the purple streak. It was so 00s. The yellow, well it was so, so 80s
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3331995;
    This was supposedly the week 7 elimination and there are 14 shows this season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Hello everyone!
    New here so I am sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
    Anyway, I have not read all the posts in this thread, but did anyone mention that with Kristin gaining 2 lbs. last week her starting weight should have been 303, not 301. Would this have made a difference in who fell below the yellow line? Or did they just mess the numbers up on the scale and have the percentage right?
    Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.........

Look forward to the next recap, thanks!

Debbie
    Last edited by debbie611; 02-18-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debbie611;3333198;
    Hello everyone!
    New here so I am sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
    Anyway, I have not read all the posts in this thread, but did anyone mention that with Kristin gaining 2 lbs. last week her starting weight should have been 303, not 301. Would this have made a difference in who fell below the yellow line? Or did they just mess the numbers up on the scale and have the percentage right?
    Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.........

Look forward to the next recap, thanks!

Debbie
    HEY! I almost forgot-my huband noticed that too! But if they had used her gained weight number then her % would have been a bit higher.

Ya know, I really think they should stop with the immunity because everyone is waterloading now and that means that at every elimination TWO teams 'technically' have immunity. For instance, if purple had not waterloaded last week they would have been below the yellow line. Whenever someone has immunity from the week before they lose almost twice the weight than their average (to be expected). I think they should switch to a 2-5 pound advantage instead of immunity so people wouldnt waterload.. this means they still work hard and cant count on waterloading and staying another week too. Also, it seems that many of the challenges are strength based--which often benefits the males and that could play a role in the future.

Also, from what everyone is saying, did they extend this season (the taping and at home time)? They very well may have simply because the contestants were so big that there couldnt be many 'ali-like' moments at the finale if they didnt give them more time.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3333274;
    Also, from what everyone is saying, did they extend this season (the taping and at home time)? They very well may have simply because the contestants were so big that there couldnt be many 'ali-like' moments at the finale if they didnt give them more time.
    Yes, they did. The two weeks that the eliminated team members were at home really was a month. I do think that they normally film episodes over a 10 to 12 day period not necessarily a 7 day week.

BTW I was saw the interview that Carla and Joelle did with Matt Lauer explaining the week Joelle went home to vote. Supposedly all the contestants were given absentee ballots to vote in the presidential election. Joelle's got lost, (more likely from Carla's expression, Joelle lost hers) she flew home to vote. Now some of that seems kinda off because you can receive your absentee ballot and vote several weeks ahead of the election. So that all sounds off to me. Anyway Carla is down 105lbs and you can now really see it and Joelle has lost a total of 60lbs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread