+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 2/17 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Sione is the man!! I find it unbelievable how he jumps over barrels... sideways. He also has a strong partner in Philipe so together they are a force!

Tara was SO hard on Laura, it was hard to watch. Though I admire her ferociousness, I get tired that every sentence that comes out of her mouth is about HER. Doesn't she give a crap for her partner or ANYone else in this game? It's tiring.

I think Jilians team was fine with voting out the "bigger threat"... but it's not always the ones with the most to lose who win this game. Helen is tough, and she may surprise them.

I was switching last night between this and AI so I didn't see Sionne & Brown teams weight losses. Tara I think was impressed w/Laura trying her best in the rowing. I don't know that I could even do 5 minutes! It was a good show all the way around.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3330151;
    Sione is the man!! I find it unbelievable how he jumps over barrels... sideways. He also has a strong partner in Philipe so together they are a force!

Tara was SO hard on Laura, it was hard to watch. Though I admire her ferociousness, I get tired that every sentence that comes out of her mouth is about HER. Doesn't she give a crap for her partner or ANYone else in this game? It's tiring.
    Tara only cares about her partner visavis how it is affecting her own status.

Sione is great. I'd love to see him win.

Ron finally got in the pool but Bob seemed almost reluctant to put him in there, as if excercising in the pool wasn't true exercise. You would think with all his physical fitness knowledge he would realize that the pool is exactly what Ron needs to be.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Not sure if that was the first time Bob had Ron workout in the pool. With all the editing in the show, he may have been in the pool every day and it just wasn't shown.

I really do like this group so much more that the last bunch. Overall, they really seem to care about each other. Even my wife watches the whole episode instead of leaving the room when the "snarkiness" started last season.
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm really disappointed that they didn't show us what Ron was doing in the pool. Yes, we were told it was good for people with knee problems, but then what did he do??? What a waste of an opportunity! At least we saw what Jillian had them do. I was waiting for someone to say, I didn't know it was possible to sweat in a pool! Or, I bet the water in that pool is half sweat now (ewww)!
    On the other hand they did make a point of showing how the TRX thing could be used with knee problems and as people were doing bends while attached to the tree you could really see that...just watching my knees hurt less! No wonder the site was overrun. In contrast to all the people doing squats, carrying tree trunks, etc. Ouchy.
    Listening to Tara I wondered if the show is going to be responsible for the end of yet another friendship..yowch, when Laura hears those comments. Definitely wouldn't want to spend time with Tara.

FORT Fan

Here are my comments on the show:

I still love Tara, but her whining was annoying last night. I know that pulled out every whining thing she did and made it seem like that was all she was doing. I enjoyed seeing her play in the mud with the others. That looked like a fun way to let off some steam, and they hardly ever show these people playing. The whole mud-wrestling thing was a hoot.

What's all this "use your third eye" nonsense? Give me a break!

I was so glad that it was someone who had the "advantage" of the gym go below the yellow line. Workouts need to be varied to be the most effective. I think Kristin said it best when she said that she was sore like she had been the first week. That means her body had adapted to her routine. Routine is the enemy!

Shannon's comment during the rowing challenge was that she had never been on a rowing maching in her life. What? They've been at the ranch all this time and neither trainer has introduced them to rowing. It's one of the most efficient workouts you can get. But it was pretty obvious that most of them had never rowed before. Most of them were trying to do the majority of the work with their arms. If you do rowing properly, it should be your legs that are sore afterwards; not your arms.

My pet peeve with this show reared its head again in the deliberation room. "Shannon NEEDS to be here and she just doesn't realize it." Shannon lost an amazing amount of weight when she was home for 30 days after her first week at the ranch. I will go on record again and say that losing at home is better for you in the long run. I thought Shannon looked great and I think she'll look even better at the finale.

Marilyn

I hope Sione wins! I love the blue team. I also really like the purple gals and Helen.

As for who I think the top 5 will be I gotta go with Helen (UTR, and determined.. and she doesnt seem like a huge threat), Mike (when him and his dad fall below I think Ron will plead to go home, after that, I think Mike will lose enough to stay in), one of the yellow girls (unfortunately!) Sione (I hope, and I only include him because he seems well-liked and is on the majority team), and Kathy/Kristen (again, well-liked, majority team, may not seem quite as threatening because they are females).

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3330551;
    Here are my comments on the show:

I still love Tara, but her whining was annoying last night. I know that pulled out every whining thing she did and made it seem like that was all she was doing. I enjoyed seeing her play in the mud with the others. That looked like a fun way to let off some steam, and they hardly ever show these people playing. The whole mud-wrestling thing was a hoot.

What's all this "use your third eye" nonsense? Give me a break!

I was so glad that it was someone who had the "advantage" of the gym go below the yellow line. Workouts need to be varied to be the most effective. I think Kristin said it best when she said that she was sore like she had been the first week. That means her body had adapted to her routine. Routine is the enemy!

Shannon's comment during the rowing challenge was that she had never been on a rowing maching in her life. What? They've been at the ranch all this time and neither trainer has introduced them to rowing. It's one of the most efficient workouts you can get. But it was pretty obvious that most of them had never rowed before. Most of them were trying to do the majority of the work with their arms. If you do rowing properly, it should be your legs that are sore afterwards; not your arms.

My pet peeve with this show reared its head again in the deliberation room. "Shannon NEEDS to be here and she just doesn't realize it." Shannon lost an amazing amount of weight when she was home for 30 days after her first week at the ranch. I will go on record again and say that losing at home is better for you in the long run. I thought Shannon looked great and I think she'll look even better at the finale.

Marilyn

ITA. I have recently lost a lot of weight and "stuck" on the last 5lbs. During my weight loss I had to make sure I switched my routine every 6wks or I started to not loose at all. I would have thought the trainers would have been excited to work the contestants off differently. I'm glad the "non-members" all stayed above the yellow line. It showed them all that you have to try different things.

I said I wasn't going to watch this show anymore . . .but I lied. Tuesday night found me in front of the TV watching the beach workout and the weigh-in. Bob's team was lucky to get the beach rather than having to sweat on the asphalt like Jill's crew.

A few random thoughts . . .

Somebody said Shanon is 30 years old??? Is that true? She cries just like a teenage girl. I had her pegged at 23. An immature 23.

Helen looks pretty hot for her age. I guess Helen isn't into the self-sacrificing parent routine, though, huh? Shanon seems to be doing great on her own, but if I were the mom, I would've made way for my daughter, who is much larger than me.

Aubrey the Princess needs her mouth taped shut. They could use yellow duct tape so at least she'd be color-coordinated. But she is very full of opinions about other people for someone who recently got back to the ranch.

Ron seems like a wonderful father. But I really can't bear another shot of his stomach. Please, please, puh-leeze--let Ron weigh in with a shirt!

Anyone else think that Tara looks a little bit like Kate Winslet now that Kate is blonde?

Those Samoan (?) cousins are hot! Felipe gets my vote for 'Contestant most likely to be Super-Hot at the finale'.

Wow--for the first time in what, 5 years, we actually see them using that beautiful pool. Water-based exercise is the best, all-around toning going, so the trainers are misguided not to use it more often.

I think these people are mostly so large, we may not see anyone actually at goal by the time of the finale. Certainly nobody has enough time left to get as tiny as Ali.

Tara and Helen are realistically the only people who could be 'skinny' by the finale. Or, at least, close to Ali.

The others will look sorta like Heba--much better but not Ali-shape.

+ Reply to Thread