Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2/10 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 2/10 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

LOVED the pole challenge last night! And thank you, Spockwhat, for commenting on Cathy's moxie!! I didn't think she got NEAR enough recognition for her effort last night. We all know what a pistol Kristin is, and I personally like her a lot. But I wish someone had gotten up on the roof of the gym and shouted how incredible it was that her 50 year old mother stood there for 5 hours with her arms over her head in 30 degree weather and won immunity. And beat the men!!

Kristin, you waterlogged last night, and good for you. Your feigned surprise on the scale was Oscar-worthy, but we know the truth and still love ya. Haha!

Totally agree about the yellow team. I wish they'd just go home. And Tara - turn off the waterworks, girlfriend. It's not like Blaine is going off to die somewhere. Sheesh. With all this boo-hooing I bet she lost 8 pounds worth of tears last night.

Does anyone know what Alison Sweeney does during these challenges that last for hours? I mean the poor thing was standing there (albeit in a fur coat, while everyone else shivered in a hoodie, but that's beside the point) Every 15 minutes I'm sure she has to throw in her play-by-play observations: "Yellow team, looking tired! Blue team, holding strong! Oooh! The brown team is OUT..." but what does she do the other 98.9% of the time?? I'd bring a Sudoku book or something for chrissakes.

I was wondering that too about Alison and was worried for her. I saw her in the background at one point, jumping up and down trying to keep warm.

I didn't like Bob telling them what to do either. I think he's going to be so surprised and angry. I think that he just is tired of losing and wants it sooo bad. The whole Damien thing, I think that all of them weren't as close as friends back then as they are now and are respecting each other's wishes and as they said hoping they would do the same. (You know they won't)

I am so over Mandi and Aubrey. As much as I disliked Vicki last season I understood why she said the things she said about not wanting to see her kids/husband. Just what Jillian said.

Blain looked way different from the videos of him before the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3315467;
    But you have suffered from an injury..and although some of the contestants are older it just seems crazy to me that the younger ones fell off within 5 minutes. Made me wonder if the outcome would have been different, over say, immunity. I also wonder if the contestants worry about getting rewards--that it might make others hostile. Just my thoughts... I just can't see how the younger contestants who burn 10k calories a day cant stand the pain a bit longer.
    I haven't suffered any injuries but I guarantee you I couldn't do it for 10 minutes. You had stated in your previous post that you have no weight issues. I am about 80 pounds overweight myself. If I weighed about 125 I could probably do it do but I don't so there's no way I can do it.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

hcw

Rarely watch this show, but so wanted to slap the sisters. Come on...we have Mom's and Dad's serving our country who are away from their families for months to years, and there is less boo-hooing than these two about their families. Give me a break. BTW, those military members are exercising daily under harsh conditions, eating limited and prepared meals all while being shot at I just can't stand the whiners and pity party members. Yuck! I liked the mom and daughter team. I hope the daughter gets her baby.

Quote Originally Posted by hcw;3316635;
    Rarely watch this show, but so wanted to slap the sisters. Come on...we have Mom's and Dad's serving our country who are away from their families for months to years, and there is less boo-hooing than these two about their families. Give me a break. BTW, those military members are exercising daily under harsh conditions, eating limited and prepared meals all while being shot at I just can't stand the whiners and pity party members. Yuck! I liked the mom and daughter team. I hope the daughter gets her baby.
    ITA-excellent post. Not to mention those who serve aren't in a comp for 250k. Seriously, I hate the yellow team. Does anyone else know about the team switch, someone mentioned earlier that it looks like the pink team will end up with jillian. Since I love Jillian I hope she gets the Blue team (so bad!)!!!

I also think we should start discussing who probably makes it to the end-like the sleuthers on the BAchelor thread! I bet Helen makes top 5... people may not see her as a physical threat and she seems to be flying UTR. And-she is pulling pretty consistent numbers. THOUGHTS!?!?!?!? I am excited.

I guess I am in the minority here but I despise water loaders so I do not like the blue team and now it is just clear that the purple team did it as well. The hypocrite pretending of Kristen was horrible to watch.

Another team I do not like is the yellow team especially Mandy.

She makes sure to get her way by always playing the victim. She did it when Joelle won fair and square and her whining is annoying the hell out of me.

The green team Tara did all of the work.
    So far there are no teams i really like this season. Normally I would have some favorites but not this year.

I liked the black team and especially Blaine. cryyyyyy
    Last edited by CrazyDutchWoman; 02-12-2009 at 06:37 AM.

I'm having a difficult time with people jumping to the automatic conclusion that everyone is water-loading when they don't have a successful week. It's become the excuse du jour on this board and I don't find it overly accurate, nor believable that everyone is doing it week in and week out. There are some that have used it, yes, but not to the frequency that everyone on this board is now accusing them of.

As anyone who has gone through any weight loss regimen knows full well, there are some weeks where you do absolutely EVERYTHING right.. both food and exercise, and your body just decides that it doesn't want to give up a loss that matches your effort. It's frequent... and you can go into any gym, or Weight Watchers meeting to find that's the case.

Now if the low weight losses continue week after week, like in Ron and Mike's case, you need to start examining their entire plan to see what, if anything, is going on. No one accused Ron and Mike of water-loading when they were pulling in less than 5lb losses for three weeks in a row. Turns out they were eating too little.

I'd just encourage people to not jump to the immediate belief that everyone waterloads when they have immunity, and begin to hate the team because of your own unproven assumption. I seriously doubt that everyone does it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe not everyone....there just seems to be an awfully strong correlation between immunity and small weight loss (or even gain)...usually followed the next week by a big loss, and I mean really big. Now that could be because they plateaued one week and started to lose again the next...but when it is so strongly associated with immunity one reasonably has doubts. You can even see it on the trainers' faces.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678