Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/10 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/10 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

I was dosing off and on. I missed what Bob said. I take it that he wanted them to vote Blaine off because his partner was likely to be more successful on the scale? If that is the case it didnt matter. He wanted to get home to his newborn son, makes sense.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Not sure if I should duck now or later, but:

I think that Bob did the right thing by telling his team to vote off Dane. Bob's team has all my favourite people at the ranch and the reason they are my favs is because they are really thoughtful, kind people... and will do what Jillian's team wants rather than what's best for them in the game. But this is a game, and Bob needs to get them to see that, obviously.
    Kirsten had some really valid points that she brought up; that when it's Bob's team that makes the difference, they are required to vote with their hearts... but Jillian's team can vote gameplay when it's their turn. That's not exactly fair, and I don't think Jillian's team has any right to demand Bob's team to vote that way.
    And yet they did. I was actually disappointed to see Bob's team cow under like that. It will remain to be seen if Jillian's team will return the favour in the future!

I can't stand Mandi and Aubrey. Aubrey even more than Mandi. The way she laid into Joelle last week, and then she goes and works out half assed, (and admits it), but that's ok, cause she misses her family and is jealous of Mandi. UGH. Please get them off my screen.
    I also didn't like the way Tara made the vote out of one of the black team members all about her. 'This is AWFUL! Because you support ME.' Blech.

WOOHOO for Kristen. She's one tough cookie in challenges, and she calls them as she sees them (about the vote). For some reason, I would have never expected this kind of moxey from her or her mom... and I guess nobody did since they were picked last for teams. Way to prove them wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3315569;
    It's a bit surprising that Bob's crew is still hung up on Damien's elimination. And not to mention random. Holding a grudge, much? I mean, Jillian's teams didn't vote as expected, but it's not like Joelle is still there to, you know, ruin all of their experiences on the ranch. That's how they believe it to be so, anyway.
    I think you'll understand it once you watch the show. They aren't holding a grudge, per se, but rather they were angry because Jillian's team was trying to change the "rules" of voting now that they no longer benefitted them. The argument was basically that back in week 3 Joelle basically asked to be sent home but Jillian's team decided that they wanted to vote out the bigger threat instead. But now that the same situation presents itself again they want them to vote out the person that wants to go home instead of the bigger threat. They were mad about the hypocrisy of it all, not necessarily that it was Damien that got voted off (although I'm sure they were still mad that they were saddled with Joelle.)

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I take it that he wanted them to vote Blaine off because his partner was likely to be more successful on the scale? If that is the case it didnt matter. He wanted to get home to his newborn son, makes sense.
    No, Bob wanted them to vote off Dane, the bigger threat.

I enjoyed watching some of the show last night. I loved the argument over who was going to go home. I didn't understand how the husband and kids were at the ranch though. I realized something must have happened (balancing?), but there they were. And her sister needs to get on the program rather than kvetching about everyone else. And I have to comment on Tara's tears-waaaaa. I understand having a big brother, but they have to leave home sometime!! I also wonder about Brown Team Dad-is his health so dire that he can't do any of the exercises? I don't know when I've seen him doing anything but watching his son when he's having a meltdown.

CCL

Tara - It's not all about you. For example - your speech about Blaine leaving was 95 % about how it would affect you as opposed to expressing sadness at his going. I've blocked out the contents of your other "me me me" comments so as to preserve my sanity. I think I'm going to start a drinking game for every time Tara makes one of her "me me me" comments. Or, since this is the Biggest Loser, an eating game. I'll be eating like no tomorrow every Tuesday night. Oh, by the way, nice swan dive into the pool at the challenge. Couldn't just step off the bar like any of the other contestants, huh?
    At least Tara proved that the pool can be used without anyone coming down with something. So why don't they stick poor Ron in there already?
    Mandi with her "Give me the win, I deserve to see my husband more than anyone" at the challenge...ugh. She continues to grate. At least her husband managed to be somewhat supportive. Mandi & her sister can leave at any time, though.
    I'm mixed with my feelings about Kristen. Part of me finds her grating but then part of me likes her...and I did like her reasoning re: voting off Dane or Blaine.
    Regarding the elimination
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It was not a surprise to me that Dane would stay since the Entertainment Weekly article showed him working out with Bob. I guess there must be a switch up of teams coming. Helen (Pink Mom) was shown working out with Jillian so I guess she lasts until the switch, too.
    Blaine didn't look much different at home. Anyone know how much he had lost since leaving the ranch?
    Last edited by CCL; 02-11-2009 at 10:50 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3315733;
    Tara - It's not all about you. For example - your speech about Blaine leaving was 95 % about how it would affect you as opposed to expressing sadness at his going. I've blocked out the contents of your other "me me me" comments so as to preserve my sanity. I think I'm going to start a drinking game for every time Tara makes one of her "me me me" comments. Or, since this is the Biggest Loser, an eating game. I'll be eating like no tomorrow every Tuesday night. Oh, by the way, nice swan dive into the pool at the challenge. Couldn't just step off the bar like any of the other contestants, huh?
    At least Tara proved that the pool can be used without anyone coming down with something. So why don't they stick poor Ron in there already?
    Mandi with her "Give me the win, I deserve to see my husband more than anyone" at the challenge...ugh. She continues to grate. At least her husband managed to be somewhat supportive. Mandi & her sister can leave at any time, though.
    I'm mixed with my feelings about Kristen. Part of me finds her grating but then part of me likes her...and I did like her reasoning re: voting off Dane or Blaine.
    Regarding the elimination
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It was not a surprise to me that Dane would stay since the Entertainment Weekly article showed him working out with Bob. I guess there must be a switch up of teams coming. Helen (Pink Mom) was shown working out with Jillian so I guess she lasts until the switch, too.
    Blaine didn't look much different at home. Anyone know how much he had lost since leaving the ranch?
    He has lost an additional 16lbs at home. 70lbs at the ranch and 16lbs at home for a total of 86lbs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I believe they said he had lost a total of 84 lbs... I don't think that it too much, since he and Dane together had lost 160 lbs on the ranch... but maybe Dane lost most of them.

ETA: Bearcata got in there before me... so 86... with 16 at home, that's not so great.

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    I also wonder about Brown Team Dad-is his health so dire that he can't do any of the exercises? I don't know when I've seen him doing anything but watching his son when he's having a meltdown.
    I think mostly his bum knee keeps him from doing as much as the others. He did do his 5 mile subway walk however.
    I agree with CCL, why doesn't he do more in the pool? I would defintely make it easier on his joints.

CCL

Thanks spockwhat & Bearcata.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3315467;
    But you have suffered from an injury..and although some of the contestants are older it just seems crazy to me that the younger ones fell off within 5 minutes. Made me wonder if the outcome would have been different, over say, immunity. I also wonder if the contestants worry about getting rewards--that it might make others hostile. Just my thoughts... I just can't see how the younger contestants who burn 10k calories a day cant stand the pain a bit longer.
    Let us ponder some physics here. You have a human body that has messed up alignment because they is an extra 200lbs or so of fat on it. Over a course of 6 weeks you have changed the volume and mass of that body by losing anywhere from 40 to 70lbs of fat. Your center of gravity probably has changed constantly over this 6 week period therefore doing a balance challenge may be extremely difficult.

A bit of a sidebar: if the contestents had had to do this challenge blindfolded I doubt many would have lasted past the 2 minute mark.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I didn't like the fact that Bob (again) was trying to sway votes and told each member - he is NOT going to be happy. While Jillian does talk about game play when it comes to her team members, I don't recall (though I'm sure it may have happened) her telling the team WHO to vote out, just giving them all the reasoning and leading them to their own conclusions? Last season Bob really got on my nerves doing this, and leading the Vicky/Heba game play crusade, and I was so happy that Michelle ended up winning. I really like all the players (except Aubrey) this season, and want to see them go their own game.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast