Closed Thread

Thread: 1/27 Biggest Loser Recap: Orange You Glad It's Super Bowl Week?

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

1/27 Biggest Loser Recap: Orange You Glad It's Super Bowl Week?

Hello again to the four people still watching the show this season. I know what you're thinking. How can The Biggest Loser compete with the ratings juggernaut otherwise known as American Idol? I have a simple answer for that. Wait, I don't. Anyway, I know I'm still watching because I just can't wait to see Joelle's lazy ass whine some more and Tara's hardworking ass kick some more butt in the challenges. Based on the previews from last week, there is sure to be some drama at eliminations tonight. After Damien's shocking departure last week, I'm pretty sure just about anything can happen. Maybe Joelle will even surprise us all and be biggest loser for the week. Miracles can happen.

The show begins with a little caption informing us that Jillian's team promised that they were going to vote for Joelle at last week's elimination. Bob's team is pretty pissed because they know Jillian's team kept Joelle for strategy reasons. Kristin is afraid that Joelle now thinks her team is against her. Gee, why would she think that? The Black Team tries to make amends with Filipe but Filipe's too smart to pick up the BS that Blaine is putting down. Helen gives her team a little pep talk and they all vow to prove something to themselves and Jillian's team.

Let's see what is going on with the at-home partners, shall we? In all honesty, I find the “check ins” with the at-home contestants to be kind of boring, but we need something to fill two hours with I guess. At home, Mandi's partner Aubrey exercises while trying to manage her kids. Tara's partner Lara is out clubbin' at all the hot spots in South Beach. She is also wearing her super attractive arm monitor with her tank top. Cute accessory. Filipe's partner Sione is really trying hard to make time to exercise. Dan's partner Dave is smoking cigarettes and eating at buffets. You know, the typical 80 year old woman in Atlantic City routine. He's a motivated one.

Back on the ranch, Joelle blabs and blabs to Bob and her team that she is going to try to push herself. Kristin complains to Bob about Joelle and he tells her not to let Joelle distract her. Bob is all about the team. The team brainwashing from last season comes to mind. As his team works out, he praises and applauds Joelle's efforts. She gets the gold star today!

There are 5 days until partners return and the contestants meet up with Ali at what appears to be a tailgate party. It's Super Bowl week! *Inserting my shameless plug for a Steelers victory!!* Blaine gets a special surprise that he is allowed to go home to see the birth of his 4th child. He will be missing the tailgate party, the week's challenge, and most of the workouts at the ranch. His weigh-in will still count. After he leaves, Ali introduces celebrity chef Curtis Stone. Hellooooooo, Curtis! *drool* Curtis is going to play a little game with all of the contestants. The players will be tested on their knowledge about their favorite Super Bowl snacks. The top 3 players from the first half will advance to the second half where Curtis will show them how to make a healthier version of their favorite snacks. A lucky winner will be crowned and that person will receive a visit from Curtis for their at-home partner. The winner will also receive a 2lb pass for their teammate to use when they come back to campus. Ali will show everyone a snack and each player has to write down how many calories they think are in that snack. The person closest to the right amount without going over wins.

1st snack: Chicken wings with a side of ranch dressing.
    Calories: 991 Closest guess: Dan with 800

2nd snack: Bread bowl with chili and sour cream
    Calories: 1,165 Closest guess: Kristin with 834

3rd snack: Seven layer dip
    Calories: 1,755 Closest guess: Helen with 1,500

Dan, Kristin, and Helen get the chance to cook with Curtis. He shows them how to make a healthy alternative to chicken wings. I'm sure the chicken skewers are delicious, but pass the extra fatty dripping with BBQ sauce wings with a giant side of ranch, please!! Ali has one last question for the remaining 3 players. She wants to know how many calories are in 5 pieces of chicken on the rosemary skewer. The actual amount of calories is 230 and Dan had the closest guess with 220. Curtis will be heading to North Carolina to visit David. Dan also won the 2lb pass to give to David if he makes it back.

In North Carolina, Curtis surprises David and David has no idea who Curtis is. I'm glad David has this chance because he has been downing the fried food like nobody's business. Curtis takes him to the store and shows him different items in the produce section. I get giddy when Curtis says “produce” in his hot Australian accent. David makes a very ordinary looking chicken salad. I can't see David eating salads, unless there are 20 of them and they are covered in fried chicken and french fries.

Back at the ranch, Bob has his team jumping for joy. Well, not really for joy, but they are jumping. They each have a step they have to jump onto. Kristin's platform is 12 inches above the ground and she was able to jump up onto it. Bob's whole team jumps up and down from the platforms.

In Phoenix, Blaine gets ready to surprise his wife Jenny in the hospital. They have an emotional reunion and she just can't believe he is going to be there for the birth of their fourth child. A little while later, Blaine shows his new little baby boy off to the world. Congratulations to their family and to new little baby Brecken! I have no idea if that is spelled right but I tried.

Once again we head back to the ranch (all this back and forth stuff is kind of annoying) and it appears to be challenge time. The players walk into a football stadium to find an NFL sign, some footballs, and some flags. They are all wearing #13 jerseys. What can that mean? My guess is that a famous NFL player will make an appearance being that it's Super Bowl week. Out pops Kurt Warner, quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals. What a coincidence. His team made the Super Bowl this year against my team. Booooooooooooooo. Where's Ben Roethlisberger? *pout* He gives them a little “you can do it rah rah rah” talk, and then Ali explains the game. The winner of the challenge tonight will receive immunity. When Ali says go, each player will run from the start line to the 20 yard line and back. They will then run to the 40 yard line, pick up a football, run back, and put their football in someone else's bin. If anyone gets 5 footballs in their bin, they are out of the game. The last person standing wins immunity. Tara of course leads the pack, but it appears everyone else has a plan to take her out. Filipe is the first one out, followed by Tara. It looks like the strong players are getting cut first. Dane is the third one out, followed by Kristin, Mandi, Dan, and Mike. Joelle and Helen are the last two players left. Oh boy, wouldn't that be something if Joelle won immunity this week? Kurt Warner cheers them on, and eventually Helen pulls out the bin win. Helen wins immunity for the next weigh-in.

There is only 1 day until the partners return, and Helen calls Shanon to give her the good news that she will be returning to the ranch. She seems moderately excited. Boring. Moving on.

In the kitchen, Bob is having a staged very authentic conversation with his team. He just happens to pimp out some Fiber One cereal. Alright, now that we have our product placement out of the way, it's time to hit the gym. Umm... where has Jillian been? I don't think I've seen her this episode.

Speak of the lady devil, Jillian is ready to kick some butt hardcore for the last chance workout. She pushes them to their limits in order to bring their partners back. Bob is equally as demanding with his team. Both trainers keep reminding their teams that this is the last weigh-in to get through before partners come back. Dan is jogging on the treadmill and his face is as red as a tomato. He stops, gasping for air. He looks like he can't even breathe. Jillian screams in his face and he falls off of the treadmill. Yeah she scares me too, Dan.

It's already time for the weigh-ins and the contestants file into the gym to face the big scale. Ali reminds them of the importance of this weigh-in. We know, we know. Partners come back, hearts are broken, tears will be shed, yada yada. Ali wastes no time and right off the bat she sends the at-home partners into the gym to be reunited with their still on the ranch partners. Excitement abounds. Now it's on with the show...

Helen: Last week 231/This week 225 (-6) Helen has immunity.

Mike: Last week 348/This week 339 (-9)
    Ron: Last week 377/This week 370 (-7)
    Total: (-16) -2.21%

Dane: Last week 360/This week 345 (-15)
    Blaine: Last week 323/This week 312 (-11)
    Total: (-26) -3.81%

Filipe: Last week 324/This week 311 (-13) -4.01%

Tara: Last week 264/This week 252 (-12) -4.55%

Kristin: Last week 324/This week 312 (-12) -3.70%

Mandi: Last week 237/This week 227 (-10) -4.22%

Dan: Last week 406/This week 394 (-12) -2.96%

Joelle: Last week 288/This week 278 (-10) -3.47%

The Orange Team (Dan/David) and The Brown Team (Ron/Mike) have fallen below the yellow line. Wow, that kind of stinks. I mean we knew this was coming because of the previews from last week, but both of those young kids need to be on that ranch.

Mike feels like he failed his son and he should have done better. He pleads for his son to stay but tells his team to vote with their hearts. Dan understands how hard things are and asks everyone to vote the way they feel is best. Dave says that it can be done at home (by eating fried chicken?) and he would be okay with going home but he wants to stay.

The deliberation hour is up and the votes are in:

Pink votes for Orange
    Yellow votes for Brown
    Purple votes for Orange
    Black votes for Brown
    Green votes for Brown
    (Tara has a mini bitch fit and tells Dave that he needs to change his attitude and actually act like he wants to be on the ranch because he's so lucky. He said his heart isn't at the ranch and that sometimes he feels trapped.)
    Silver votes for Orange
    Blue votes for Orange

With 4 votes, the Orange Team of Dan and Dave is eliminated. I feel really bad. Those kids need to be on the ranch. Let's see how they've done on their own. Since leaving the ranch, Dan has maintained his workouts. He runs outside on a track for nearly 20 minutes. Dave has been playing basketball and has quit smoking. Dan is now able to go off of his Diabetes medicine. Aww, good for him.

David has lost 48lbs since beginning the show and Dan has lost 101lbs. That's great. Dan's goal is to break the record for the most weight lost on the show. Good luck to them.

Next week, the at-home players step on the scale for the first time at the beginning of the show. It looks like Mike might be in trouble once again because he is “fighting” to stay there. Hopefully they don't completely give away the ending again next week. Thanks for the lack of surprise this week, NBC!

Come on back again next week if you aren't watching Idol same time, same place. Oh and one more thing... Here we go Steelers, here we go! Munch on that, Kurt Warner.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 01-28-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Regular

Re: 1/27 Biggest Loser Recap: Orange You Glad It's Super Bowl Week?

Love your recaps! Even more so that I am a Steelers fan!!! HAHA! (born and raised, now living in SC) I found myself booing Kurt Warner and wondering where Big Ben was too! LOL!

Great recap! Count me in as one of the 4 who are watching

Great recap!

I also wondered, during the first hour, where Jillian was. It was obvious she wasn't at the ranch. I also thought Tara's comments were appropriate during the elimination. All of them have been working their butts off (no pun intended) and her emotions were honest and on point.
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And I"m the 4th person still watching! (Never did get into Idol.) I was with Tara---that David needed to be there to get his attitude adjusted and to learn about food. Frankly I thought the brown team had a great support system going and would do fine at home, though is was a good tearjerker to hear each feel he let the other down.
    Both Dan and the brown son would be cuties with lost pounds, not so sure about Dave, but maybe it's his attitude that is bumming me.
    PS Who thinks the orange team got voted out BECAUSE they won the 2 lb. pass?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3292698;
    And I"m the 4th person still watching! (Never did get into Idol.) I was with Tara---that David needed to be there to get his attitude adjusted and to learn about food. Frankly I thought the brown team had a great support system going and would do fine at home, though is was a good tearjerker to hear each feel he let the other down.
    Both Dan and the brown son would be cuties with lost pounds, not so sure about Dave, but maybe it's his attitude that is bumming me.
    PS Who thinks the orange team got voted out BECAUSE they won the 2 lb. pass?
    Actually, I got the feeling from Filipe's speech that orange would have stayed if Dave hadn't said he felt trapped.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

AshleyPSU, as a fellow steeler fan, I want to tell you great recap and GO, BEN!!!

I think orange got voted off because of Dave, not a 2# future advantage.

Closed Thread