Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 1/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3292175;
    I had hoped that the teams may have seen that Brown would be together to support each other while home, and increase chances for success, whereas Dave has already struggled mightily and not really changed, and Dan/Dave do not live together that we know of...they needed to be at the ranch more than Brown in my opinion.
    I completely agree with you.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I just realized that Bobs team had one more couple than Jillians to start the competition. I hoep they move back to team weighins, because she doesnt stand a chance otherwise.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3292786;

There was no concern there at all. Maybe she was upset for Dan, but why didn't she talk to Dave when he first said that he was ok with going home? She could have let him know how she felt at that point rather than saving up the drama for the elimination room... that bothers me.
    Were we even watching the same show? I heard her voice wavering, what she said was said with a lot of emotion. You are making Tara sound as if she is some kind of calculating beyotch. If so what in the world would have that "speech" to Dave have possibly gained her strategy wise? If she was that calculating and cold hearted would it not have served her better to say nothing at all?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Does anyone know what spices were used to coat the chicken when they made those chicken kabobs? i know they used a stick of rosemary as the skewer, but was wondering about the spice mixture.
    Profit's not a dirty word.

I was discussing the show earlier today with several people and the main complaint we all had is we wished the producers would show us how the contestants prepared and cooked their food. How they figured out what was enough card, protein and fat to make up a meal. I mean we all know that exercise is important but nutrition is 80% of the battle and we never see how the contestants figure out what they should eat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3291816;
    Tara is a shining star. Great woman! And a rousing hooray for Filipe, another stunner.
    Love Tara, but sorry, I dislike Filipe. I think he's pretty annoying. I would be excited, too, if I was losing so much weight, but he's so over-the-top that it grates on my nerves. There are reactions that are funny (Tara's first week weight loss), then there are those that are annoying.

But people react to things differently, so I guess there's not really anything to harp on.

I also don't like Kristen, which is sad, because coming into this season, I thought she would be one of my favorites. Actually, the only people on Bob's crew that I remotely like are Pink and Silver. And I guess Brown, but I'm pretty meh on them.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3291950;
    I thought it too cheesey for me the brown team sucking up and crying too much. "Save my son" as he was hugging someone. Maybe I'm harsh, but Dan's percentage was better than theirs. I guess if it takes tears to win another week, so be it.
    There were more cheesy moments in this episode that I felt myself cringing many times. With Helen's phonecall to Shannon, with Blaine's visit to his family (I loved that they gave him the opportunity, but it was still cheesy, especially the part with when he was saying "goodbye"), with Bob's team unity using the platforms, and Brown's plea to stay. The episode was pretty hard to watch without cringing here and there. I guess that's mostly the reason why I thought this episode paled in comparsion to the other episodes that have aired so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3292175;
    I had hoped that the teams may have seen that Brown would be together to support each other while home, and increase chances for success, whereas Dave has already struggled mightily and not really changed, and Dan/Dave do not live together that we know of...they needed to be at the ranch more than Brown in my opinion.
    NF1, this is what I was thinking, too. But like I said in my comments last week, this show has two aspects: it's a competitive game, but it's also a game of life. Unfortunately for Orange, the others were thinking more about the competition this time, leading to Bob's crew voting them out.

At least Dan is doing well. Wish the best for him and Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3292275;
    But who is Tara to "try to save his life?" She knew him for a week - she's not his trainer, she's not a medical expert, she's not his friend or relative. It's not her place. Anyways, ultimately Dave has to be the one to make (if he hasn't already) the choice to change himself and embrace a healthier lifestyle.
    It kinda goes with the story of the poor, beaten man with absolutely nothing lying on the side of the road. Would you help, even though you don't really know him?

It's not like anyone has to be entitled to try and help. Dave is obviously unhealthy, and he needs help badly. He was probably the least successful of the players that went home in the first week.

Tara did sound kind of preach-y, but she could obviously see that the guy was in trouble. And with a good impression of his health, why would she let him go without saying anything? Without trying to talk some sense into him? He was on a show that focuses solely on getting these guys to lose weight, and he wasn't taking full advantage of it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3293235;
    Were we even watching the same show? I heard her voice wavering, what she said was said with a lot of emotion. You are making Tara sound as if she is some kind of calculating beyotch. If so what in the world would have that "speech" to Dave have possibly gained her strategy wise? If she was that calculating and cold hearted would it not have served her better to say nothing at all?
    I'm sure she felt strongly about it, hence the wavering voice, but I didn't see it as CONCERN for David at all... it was more anger at him. There's a big difference between being concerned and being angry, even if both can include a wavering voice.
    The point was that she made a big drama in the elimination room, and she could have dealt with it earlier. Why? And I could come up with some ideas here but it would be guessing and liable to upset you further, so I won't bother.
    You may not agree with me, but I'm entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyBaby;3293447;
    Does anyone know what spices were used to coat the chicken when they made those chicken kabobs? i know they used a stick of rosemary as the skewer, but was wondering about the spice mixture.
    Go to the BLs website, it is there.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Newbie

That is a good point about water loading, Helen may have done that. However, the week before, when she had something to lose, she only lost 6 pounds as well. Tara is a gamer, I am pretty sure she water loaded, I have a feeling that Helen didn't. I guess we will see next week if she has a big number.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3293235;
    Yes, but people see and interpret things differently. We are entitled to hold different opinions, and both those opinions are valid.
    As for why she gave her speech rather than say nothing...I think it was because she likes to hear herself talk. She's a bit of a drama queen and likes to get attention. She'd probably been planning her "righteous anger" speech since Dave's return.
    Last edited by CCL; 01-29-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Closed Thread