Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I think Tara was very close to Dan, so I can see why she would try to give Dave a wake-up call!

FORT Regular

I dont see what Tara did as being so bad.........she only knew him for a week, but shes spent the past 4 with Dan. I think she knows that Dan wont have a "partner" for support back home, so she was telling Dave to kick it up a notch and stop being so dumb. I was wondering what kind of thoughts other people would have, because I can understand how you could either love her or not. Im really starting to like Kristin too.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3292275;
    But who is Tara to "try to save his life?" She knew him for a week - she's not his trainer, she's not a medical expert, she's not his friend or relative. It's not her place. Anyways, ultimately Dave has to be the one to make (if he hasn't already) the choice to change himself and embrace a healthier lifestyle.
    She is a contestent in a weight loss reality show and she is voting a team off and part of the voting process is to explain the reason for the vote. She did exactly what she was supposed to do. What is so wrong about doing that? How is it not her place? She just had the courage to say what needed to be said and it was said because she cared. She was not supposed to say anything because she was not related to him, did not have a personal relationship with him? Too many people will not say anything because they are afraid it will not be PC or hurt the person's feeling. Dave signed up for this show, no one put a gun to his head and that mean's standing there and taking it like a man. It still is his choice as to wheather he will heed the kick in the butt Tara provided.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Part of the reason why the Orange team went home is because of the flawed strategy in the Football competition. Helen had a percentage weight loss of 2.67%, which would have put her in the bottom 2 instead of the orange team.

The flawed strategy I mentioned was getting the stronger teams out first. If I were in the challenge I would have put my footballs into the bins of the weaker players, not the stronger players. If a "stonger" player wins immunity it will probably not effect the weigh in, as they will likely not be in the bottom 2 anyways. If I let a "weaker" player win the immunity then it may be me in the bottom two instead of them.

This is exactly what happened, they let Helen win the immunity and she was saved from being in the bottom 2, putting orange in the bottom and they went home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by greenkoolaid;3292507;
    Part of the reason why the Orange team went home is because of the flawed strategy in the Football competition. Helen had a percentage weight loss of 2.67%, which would have put her in the bottom 2 instead of the orange team.

The flawed strategy I mentioned was getting the stronger teams out first. If I were in the challenge I would have put my footballs into the bins of the weaker players, not the stronger players. If a "stonger" player wins immunity it will probably not effect the weigh in, as they will likely not be in the bottom 2 anyways. If I let a "weaker" player win the immunity then it may be me in the bottom two instead of them.

This is exactly what happened, they let Helen win the immunity and she was saved from being in the bottom 2, putting orange in the bottom and they went home.
    Ecellent point! I hadn't given that challenge any thought but you are so right.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3292543;
    Ecellent point! I hadn't given that challenge any thought but you are so right.
    If only Joelle tried just a bit harder. She would have won and the orange team have been safe.

As for the pink team, I think there is a bit of water loading going on with any contestant, including my fav Tara. Why put it all on the table, when you have another week. There was no reason to do any better this week, because team pink was safe.

I hate these challenges where it is not about individual performance- although they do give "David" a chance against "Goliath"

I would much rather they continue with the individual or group challenges, not the gang up and take someone out of the challenge challenges. I also wish they could come up with a handicapping method, based on health and fitness. I do not think it was fair to give Daniel 1#s in the first challenge. There was no way he was beating anyone.
    Last edited by babymay; 01-28-2009 at 05:13 PM.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3292505;
    She is a contestent in a weight loss reality show and she is voting a team off and part of the voting process is to explain the reason for the vote. She did exactly what she was supposed to do. What is so wrong about doing that? How is it not her place? She just had the courage to say what needed to be said and it was said because she cared.
    If I thought she did it out of true concern, I would feel differently. But to me it came off as her being preachy and sanctimonius rather than caring.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, babymay, I think anyone who has immunity waterloads so that they will have a cushion the following week. At first I thought she hadn't as she'd lost quite a few pounds, but then when compared to the others in this week it was obvious she probably did. And it makes sense to do it-- I probably would as well.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3292650;
    If I thought she did it out of true concern, I would feel differently. But to me it came off as her being preachy and sanctimonius rather than caring.
    I can understand that.......but I really think she did it because of Dan. But only she knows. The rest is just opinions. Seems we all have one, lol!!!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

There was no concern there at all. Maybe she was upset for Dan, but why didn't she talk to Dave when he first said that he was ok with going home? She could have let him know how she felt at that point rather than saving up the drama for the elimination room... that bothers me.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 01-28-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Closed Thread