Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

CCL

Re: 1/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3291652;
    I can't quite figure out why they showed NC State Vet School at the beginning and end of the follow-up to Dan and Dave. That was just a bit strange.

Maybe Dan and/or Dave go to school there?

With regards to Dan's doctor at home - she seems like a nice woman but he said that he would go to her every 6 months in his efforts to lose weight - that is not enough. I hope he's getting much closer monitoring now.

Tara is starting to grate. Her whole "Let's get this expletive started" comment when they were going to weigh her in, and then her sanctimonious speech to Dave ...she's annoying me (not to say I don't agree with her about Dave, but the way she said it...it just came off wrong to me).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

What a show! I wish Dan was able to stay-it was obvious to me that he would have benefitted the most out of all of them (with the possible exception of Carla) to be able to stay. I think Dave was overwhelmed, and he did state that he didn't have the benefit of the food part, being that he was only there for a week. I hope Dan is proud of himself that he was able to take off over 100 pounds so far.

Tara is a cheerleader-whether you like her or not, she seems to think that she is a great motivator.

I thought it too cheesey for me the brown team sucking up and crying too much. "Save my son" as he was hugging someone. Maybe I'm harsh, but Dan's percentage was better than theirs. I guess if it takes tears to win another week, so be it.

I think Joelle surprised herself with her weightloss! Good for her (and Carla)

I'm interested to see what the homebodies' weightloss will show!

And, most importantly, BOO to nbc for giving results without any teasers!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I thought it too cheesey for me the brown team sucking up and crying too much. "Save my son" as he was hugging someone. Maybe I'm harsh, but Dan's percentage was better than theirs. I guess if it takes tears to win another week, so be it.
    Yeah, maybe, but I think there is something about the brown team that everyone there loves... Brown dad, he was just as emotional when he fought for Dan a few weeks earlier, and people there really seem to listen to him.

Even Bob said he was a favourite. (I think that's a good thing. )

Tara is starting to grate. Her whole "Let's get this expletive started" comment when they were going to weigh her in, and then her sanctimonious speech to Dave ...she's annoying me (not to say I don't agree with her about Dave, but the way she said it...it just came off wrong to me).
    I found it a bit harsh, too. He IS just a kid, and hasn't had the benefit from being on the ranch like she has. If Joelle can be wishy-washy even though she is ON the ranch with a trainer, surely this kid can be given a break...

Hmm. Dan is on the ranch the whole time and he's doing great, Dave struggled at home and he's not doing as well. I guess being there makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3292037;
    Yeah, maybe, but I think there is something about the brown team that everyone there loves... Brown dad, he was just as emotional when he fought for Dan a few weeks earlier, and people there really seem to listen to him.

Even Bob said he was a favourite. (I think that's a good thing. )

I found it a bit harsh, too. He IS just a kid, and hasn't had the benefit from being on the ranch like she has. If Joelle can be wishy-washy even though she is ON the ranch with a trainer, surely this kid can be given a break...

Hmm. Dan is on the ranch the whole time and he's doing great, Dave struggled at home and he's not doing as well. I guess being there makes a big difference.

Beg to differ, Dave is 23 yrs old and Dan is 19, neither is a kid anymore. Dave is certainly "adult" enough to take being talked to "honestly" (Tara was not harsh she was trying to save his life). Dave needs a serious reality check he is 23 yrs old and morbidly obsese and he smokes, if he does not do some serious life changes he will be more than likely dead at 30.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I had hoped that the teams may have seen that Brown would be together to support each other while home, and increase chances for success, whereas Dave has already struggled mightily and not really changed, and Dan/Dave do not live together that we know of...they needed to be at the ranch more than Brown in my opinion.

NFL1, I agree wholeheartedly with you on that! Dad and Son vs 2 kids that don't have guidance or support. About Dan after the ranch: I think he did real good, but I certainly think he could have been better served by being able to stay at the ranch.....which takes me to.....Fooey on BL for the huge build-up about it being the biggest cast at the ranch, and then practically cutting the cast in half. It's a shame that they all couldn't have stayed to get the food teachings and hints.

FORT Fogey

I also thought, when they mentioned there would be a returnee weigh-in, that they'd do the ranch folks...THEN weigh the teammates. IF any of the returnees gained weight, they would be disqualified. OR combine the week's ranch and returnee's weigh-in percentages to determine who was below the yellow line. That would have made things more interesting, and Dan/Dave would probably still be below...and i suppose with 2 teams having both members on campus it wouldn't have worked.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3292154;
    Dave is certainly "adult" enough to take being talked to "honestly" (Tara was not harsh she was trying to save his life). Dave needs a serious reality check he is 23 yrs old and morbidly obsese and he smokes, if he does not do some serious life changes he will be more than likely dead at 30.
    But who is Tara to "try to save his life?" She knew him for a week - she's not his trainer, she's not a medical expert, she's not his friend or relative. It's not her place. Anyways, ultimately Dave has to be the one to make (if he hasn't already) the choice to change himself and embrace a healthier lifestyle.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3292241;
    .....Fooey on BL for the huge build-up about it being the biggest cast at the ranch, and then practically cutting the cast in half. It's a shame that they all couldn't have stayed to get the food teachings and hints.
    ITA with you!! All of those people came there ready to change their lives and then they abruptly sent half of them home - really before they had the chance to learn tips to help them get by and lose weight at home. I thought it was a really sucky thing to do. I would have much rather watched all the teams work together on the ranch as usual.

Too bad Dan couldn't keep the 2 lb pass he won at the food challenge. Although I don't think even those 2 lbs would have saved him (my math might be off). Good thing Helen won immunity because she would have been below the yellow line if she didn't. If she was up against either brown or orange, she likely would have been eliminated.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Closed Thread