+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jillian Michaels - trainer

FORT Fogey

Re: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Jillian did a spot on The Doctors and made a comment about a man dumping her and she looked at the camera and said, "see what you missed!" She had just been talking about her history of being out of shape and overweight. Not that she couldn't have said that to quell the rumors if that was a goal. Just reporting here.

I don't care. I gather from reading this thread that Bob is gay; I didnt know that. Neither of them give off vibes that make it obvious.

This is somewhat off-topic from what the posters above have been discussing but I wanted to bring it up - Do you all remember how Jillian had to negotiate her return to TBL for another season? I wonder if it's b/c of all the nonsense we've been discussing on this forum. When she heard they were running a marathon, she seemed genuinely bothered by that. I think she's tired of all the drama, manipulation, overexertion, and game play. Also, you ever notice how little product placement she's involved in? The only thing I remember seeing her whore out lately (besides her book ) was Brita water pitchers and Cheerios. She supposedly "treated" her team to Subway w/ Jerry and Colleen, but notice she barely said a word. Bob on the other hand is like "Yay! Chew this gum, eat Jello Pudding, drink protein, stuff Subway down your piehole!!" That goes against everything Jillian writes about in her book (i.e processed foods).

Oh, and I mentioned this before, but I just have to reiterate how good Jillian's Sunday morning radio show is. I listen to the re-runs at kfi640.com. If you've got time, I highly recommend!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Jillian is constantly whoring out Ziploc products as well. Just a few weeks ago she was all excited about Ziploc steaming bags. Then there were the hundred calorie packs or bars or something. I think her product whoring is just as shameful as Bob's.
    Wake up and be awesome

I would like it better if they would just leave the peddling of goods to some off camera guy or gal and let Bob and Jillian do their jobs. I don't think there's anyone stupid enough to think that a stick of sugarless gum *shudder* would take the place of a Twinkie and no trainer in the world would change my mind. That sort of makes anything that they say roll right on past me.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3440297;
    Jillian is constantly whoring out Ziploc products as well. Just a few weeks ago she was all excited about Ziploc steaming bags. Then there were the hundred calorie packs or bars or something. I think her product whoring is just as shameful as Bob's.
    In defense of our trainers, product whoring is required as stipulated by their contract. No whoring = no job for next season.

I gather that Jill was highly successful on BL: Australia. Guess the stateside producers realized they had a hot commodity and signed her back on.

I never warmed up to Trainer Barbie, who seemed too fragile a personality to cope in this hothouse environment, but I did wind up feeling sorry for her. They almost engineered Kym to fail. They may have 'fired' Jillian, but Kym was almost presented as the Trainer Barbie out to replace Jillian and therefore Jill's fans were alienated.

Jill is probably well-enough established as a celebrity to walk away from this show, but there's probably a 'non competition' clause that bars her from working in the fitness entertainment industy outside the BL umbrella. (Ie, having her own show or lecture circuit.) It's become pretty obvious that the trainers are kept out of the loop on these 'twists' and etc., and are regarded only as gym muscle, with no input on the direction of the show. In that sense, they are both whores . . . they've got to ask themselves if they've reached the point where their celebrity and hefty paychecks are forcing them to compromise their professional ethics as physical trainers.

Jillian Michael's style would work great for me. I need the push to get it done and I'm a screamer, too. Workout sessions with her would be really loud.

I'd feel really lucky to have her on my side if I were on the show. Of course, no matter which trainer I got I'd work with them because like it or not you need to get through whatever life throws at you. That's what makes you a success.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Her book is fantastic! I've been doing her plan for two weeks and have dropped about 15 pounds and my parnter has totally gotten her sugar under control. I highly recommend it.

I am pretty sure that if she is hawking stuff on tv, it is because she has to by contract. She is totally against the 100 calorie pack stuff - if you saw when she was on the Doctor's, then you saw what she said about them to that poor woman whose kitchen she was ransacking.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Normally I am not someone who admires someone I watch on TV but I must admit I do admire Jillian. I love the way she is with people and she is so beautiful and strong.
    if I were a man she would be my type of girl.
    But boy I cursed her out when I was exercising using her video.

TBL would not be as interesting without her

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3440297;
    Her book is fantastic! I've been doing her plan for two weeks and have dropped about 15 pounds and my parnter has totally gotten her sugar under control. I highly recommend it.
    Iguanachocolate excellent and you go girls! I take it that her book also includes a diet plan.

I also agree they are both under contract and product placement is part of the deal.
    This is on her list of things she does not like about doing BL, I am sure. She cannot openly say she does not agree with the products they hawk; that, too, is part of the contract.

I like Jillian. She is getting her message across in her book and TV spots on The Doctors to name one.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3443429;

I am pretty sure that if she is hawking stuff on tv, it is because she has to by contract. She is totally against the 100 calorie pack stuff - if you saw when she was on the Doctor's, then you saw what she said about them to that poor woman whose kitchen she was ransacking.

Can you please give me the name of her book that you are reading? I saw one at Target but I was not sure if this was it, or she has a few out. I'm really interested in reading it.Thanks

+ Reply to Thread