+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jillian Michaels - trainer

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Well, now I have to say, we've seen both trainers behave unprofessionally this season....Bob in his sob fest with the old blue team, which did NOT help his players by preventing them from bonding with Jillian, and Jillian with the "I give up on you losers" ending. Sure, beat them down, but don't say you give up on them. They've given up on themselves or they wouldn't be there, they don't need you to do it, too.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=hikari;3355521;]
    See, in all the seasons of this show--what are we up to now, 7? Bob has only had one grand prize winner. All the other winners have worn Jill's colors, which used to be red, and then was switched to black during the season they had three teams.

And the season that Bob won was the season Jillian wasn't on. He beat Kim.

anyone else worried that the casting call for trainers may be because they need a replacement for Jillian? After the last show where her team went out for 24 hours of luxury I think we could see why/how she may quit...
    Im worried! it looks like she is tired of trying to help people when they refuse to help themselves (or just whine about how much they love Bob and hate how she makes them do things on their own.. and then go off and throw all the hard work away at the first chance they get- smoking, fried foods, thousands of calories!) and she seems tired of Bob's crap.
    Poor Jillian looked so upset over her teams' choices at their reward, her eyes said it all: ''im busting ass to help you and you havent learned a thing... when you leave the ranch youll go right back to the same ol' same ol'''
    If Jillian goes and Bob stays then I will be one angry viewer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3381291;
    anyone else worried that the casting call for trainers may be because they need a replacement for Jillian? After the last show where her team went out for 24 hours of luxury I think we could see why/how she may quit...
    Im worried! it looks like she is tired of trying to help people when they refuse to help themselves (or just whine about how much they love Bob and hate how she makes them do things on their own.. and then go off and throw all the hard work away at the first chance they get- smoking, fried foods, thousands of calories!) and she seems tired of Bob's crap.
    Poor Jillian looked so upset over her teams' choices at their reward, her eyes said it all: ''im busting ass to help you and you havent learned a thing... when you leave the ranch youll go right back to the same ol' same ol'''
    If Jillian goes and Bob stays then I will be one angry viewer.
    I doubt Jillian wants to quit. Her TV exposure is helping the sale of her videos and private business. It would be a foolish to remove herself from this kind of exposure. They may want another trainer to jog the format and work with 3 teams.

She creates buzz and is very popular on this show so it is doubtful they want to let her go.

There is a possibility that someone is giving her a show of her own and she wants to move on to something she considers better, I suppose. But this is network and any move to cable would be a step down and more removed from mainstream viewing.

Yes Yes! Someone finally called Jillian out about her demenaing and bullying attitude. As a professional she needs to find what motivates her client, not berate them until they cave in. I am surprised that Laura picked her s a trainer, when given a choice. If someone "threw me under the bus", they would not get a second chance.

Maybe throwing someone under the bus would give them the motivation to pull themselves out from under it, which all these people will need to do after the show when they're in the real world. Some people just can't be truly motivated unless their lack of it is put out for all the world to see.

I see Jillian's "bullying" as giving the contestants a reality check so that they can improve themselves when there's no one there to help them. Whereas, I see Bob's bullying as just that: being a jerk.

Laura truly IS the weak link on the team, and if Jillian would never have been tough on her since the very beginning, I doubt we would have seen much from her at all.

At this point, it looks like it is working, too. Didn't Laura have the highest percentage weight loss this week? And I was impressed with her little speech to Tara - she said Jillian was rubbing off on her. Some people need to develop a little thicker skin and that may be the only way to do it. Having said that, I would rather work with Bob, but I suspect Jillian might get me better results. I actually like that she reminds the contestants that they're not there to do it for her, they're doing the work for themselves - it may help them more when they get home and don't have Bob's encouragement to keep them motivated.

I say all of us who love Jillian bombard NBC with emails and letters saying that if they don't give Jillian what she wants then we will boycott the show. I for one will follow through on that threat if Jillian is gone. Bob will be more smug than ever since it's obvious that he hates her. He's probably orchestrated all of this to get rid of her.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

It's worth a try, but it sounds like its more on her end of things. It may make them more cooperative in agreeing to her terms, though, so yeah, probably worth a try.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3358800;
    Randomly plucked Jillian fact from Wikipedia: She's best friends with "Las Vegas" actress Vanessa Marcil, who although she's not a terribly good actress always struck me as kind of nice. And not to be confused with the utterly awful and similarly named Vanessa Minnillo, who if you've seen ABC's "True Beauty", or her earlier Entertainment Tonight reports about how bad she felt when she dressed up in a fat suit, sucks eggs.
    This makes sense to me. Vanessa Marcil - in addition to being exceptionally beautiful - has her act together in the real world. She's smart, spiritual, physically healthy, and she makes smart career choices. In other words, I think she takes really good care of herself. I love this in people (because I have a hard time doing so myself).

Jill seems much the same way.

+ Reply to Thread