+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Re: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Quote Originally Posted by nosilla;3440293;
    Oh, and I mentioned this before, but I just have to reiterate how good Jillian's Sunday morning radio show is. I listen to the re-runs at kfi640.com. If you've got time, I highly recommend!
    Thanks for recommending these. I downloaded a bunch of the podcasts yesterday; they are awesome!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Wow, I just found this article, I don't know if it has been posted elsewhere but the reason Jillian didn't train Filipe and he got angry with her over it is because he accused her of doping her contestents with drugs to help them lose weight and she hear it and yes there was an investigation: Here is the link to the article in TV Guide: TV Guide Magazine | News | Biggest Loser Drug Scandal.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FYI... Jillian will be on the Rachael Ray show 9/14/09. Check here for local listings... bit.ly/NomsB

I'm a fan of Jillian's but not a fan of supplements. However, I fail to understand why this woman who's suing her just didn't exercise her money-back guarantee option. Gotta love how courts entertain the opportunistic and greedy.

Jillian Michaels: Suit over diet product baseless - Yahoo! News
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3828227;
    I'm a fan of Jillian's but not a fan of supplements. However, I fail to understand why this woman who's suing her just didn't exercise her money-back guarantee option. Gotta love how courts entertain the opportunistic and greedy.

Jillian Michaels: Suit over diet product baseless - Yahoo! News
    I agree. Just return the darn things. Plus most of Jillian's stuff says you still need to eat healthy and exercise. Plus if there is something medically wrong then they won't work..duh. What is this world coming too!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Lawsuit number three has been filed.

Jillian Michaels Faces Third Lawsuit Against Her Fat-Burning Pills - omg! news on Yahoo!

Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels could be in big trouble.

The third lawsuit against the Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Calorie Control pill supplement was filed late Tuesday in Los Angeles County Court.

Kathy Hensley claims the diet pills contain a "potentially lethal" ingredient called citrus aurantium, which can cause high blood pressure and cardiac issues in rare instances.

In addition to suing Michaels, Hensley names the pills' maker Thin Care, Basic Research and Walgreens. She's suing for less than $5,000.

After the first suit was filed, Michaels, 36, told the new issue of Us Weekly in a statement that the claims against her pills -- which contain coffee bean extract and guarana -- are "entirely without merit.

"I stand behind all of my products," she added.

ThinCare also shot back to Us, "We are confident we will prevail."

Oh dear. I haven't really paid attention to the details of her pills. So, not sure if it says to consult a doctor or not. But if I were to take any pills I'd ask my doctor b/c you just never know.

I still like Jillian and think she is the best trainer. Not sure about her diet/suppliement stuff though.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3832054;
    Oh dear. I haven't really paid attention to the details of her pills. So, not sure if it says to consult a doctor or not. But if I were to take any pills I'd ask my doctor b/c you just never know.

I still like Jillian and think she is the best trainer. Not sure about her diet/suppliement stuff though.....
    Consulting Doctors about supplements and vitamins and other things is a bit of a joke. My mother had a heart condition and was allergic to sulfas. She always mentioned that to her doctor (it was noted in her medical records) when he prescriped anything new to her. Well, thank God the pharmacist had a computer program that had all her allegeries in it because every time I took her to the pharmacy to fill a prescription the computer program red flagged the prescription because it had sulfas in it and the pharmacist always had to call the doctors office to get a prescription for an alternative medication. So much for doctors knowing anything.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3832066;
    Consulting Doctors about supplements and vitamins and other things is a bit of a joke. My mother had a heart condition and was allergic to sulfas. She always mentioned that to her doctor (it was noted in her medical records) when he prescriped anything new to her. Well, thank God the pharmacist had a computer program that had all her allegeries in it because every time I took her to the pharmacy to fill a prescription the computer program red flagged the prescription because it had sulfas in it and the pharmacist always had to call the doctors office to get a prescription for an alternative medication. So much for doctors knowing anything.
    Get where you are coming from with this. I do have to say though, most doctors have tons of patients and are usually in a hurry and things, even important things, may get buried in your file. It is incredibly important to let doctors, pharmacist and anyone else know about allergies. When pregnant with my second child I had to tell the doctor to look back through my chart and read about my 1st pregnancy because of life-threatning issues that arose without my displaying the symptoms that should have been a red flag. Said dr. was having difficulty believing the severity of the situation and I insisted this be done immediately. After flipping back through the file she red flagged my file on it's face with a huge (1/2 page) note in BIG red letters so that it would not get lost in the shuffle again. ALWAYS make sure that you remind each and everytime of any out of the ordinary situations.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3832135;
    Get where you are coming from with this. I do have to say though, most doctors have tons of patients and are usually in a hurry and things, even important things, may get buried in your file. It is incredibly important to let doctors, pharmacist and anyone else know about allergies. When pregnant with my second child I had to tell the doctor to look back through my chart and read about my 1st pregnancy because of life-threatning issues that arose without my displaying the symptoms that should have been a red flag. Said dr. was having difficulty believing the severity of the situation and I insisted this be done immediately. After flipping back through the file she red flagged my file on it's face with a huge (1/2 page) note in BIG red letters so that it would not get lost in the shuffle again. ALWAYS make sure that you remind each and everytime of any out of the ordinary situations.
    Very, very important to do this.

+ Reply to Thread