+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Jillian Michaels - trainer

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Jillian Michaels - trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3454251;
    No processed foods at all is a big one. I'm at work and don't have the book with me. I'll try to get online tonight and let you know what all you'd have to give up.
    most important is if it doesn't have a momma or come from the ground, don't eat it(Her example is that she's never seen a Cheeto tree ).

Reading labels is paramount, because additives are in everything.

She says if you can't afford all organics, then get what you can and try to get your meats, dairy and berries or anything you eat a lot of organic. I will say, that it has been my experience that organic things tend to keep longer, especially the milk.

Not all plastics are bad - #7's are ok and any o f the ones that are corn based.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FYI..Bob and Jillian is suppose to be on Opra today...

Thanks for the reminder, mandmmom2, I am going to try to catch the early satellite feed at noon.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3454588;
    I will say, that it has been my experience that organic things tend to keep longer, especially the milk.
    that is strange you would think because it has nothing added to preserve its shelf life it wouldnt last as long....
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

I caught the early Oprah - Jillian & Bob didn't get a lot of talking time, it was mostly previous Losers - Ali, Roger (still a sweetie), Mark (still a tool), Betty Sue, Jay, Matt, Suzy (who appeared via Skype and was laugh-out-loud funny talking about her weight and her pregnancies), Mallory & her hubby (never can remember his name), and Julie (who I don't believe is only 128, she looks considerably heavier).
    Jillian style watch: loved the shoes and the cut of the dress, didn't care for the floral print though.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So how many of them have not gained back substantial weight? Do tell!

FORT Fanatic

Wow, I just saw this article on ET Online. I read the rules and I think I'm allowed to post it on here so here goes...

The big, on-air argument between "The Biggest Loser" trainer Jillian Michaels and Filipe Fa on the last season of the series is now explained -- and attributed to drug accusations!

TV Guide magazine.com reports that the quarrel between the trainer and the contestant took place after Fa made the accusation that Michaels was giving her team drugs. As a result of the allegation, an internal drug investigation was instigated. It was her sense of betrayal that led to the disagreement that aired when Michaels refused to do a one-on-one workout with her accuser.

"We had an entire 'Kenneth Starr' investigation," Michaels tells the Web site. "Because the minute someone makes that claim, you have to. They didn't shut down production, but it took a week. I was so furious, so disgusted. I felt so betrayed."

According to the Web site, Fa has since said he never made the accusation, but executive producer Mark Koops contradicts him, saying, "The accusation came from Filipe."

Koops goes on to explain that the contestants are allowed to take multiple vitamins and caffeine supplements to give them energy to get through the day, but that those supplements are distributed by the show's medical staff, not the trainers.

The players were informed that an investigation would take place, according to Koops, "to make sure nothing untoward was happening."

Nothing was. And Fa and Michaels have since "smoothed things out," according to Fa.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaMinnowPea;3473587;
    Wow, I just saw this article on ET Online. I read the rules and I think I'm allowed to post it on here so here goes...

Why would he accuse her of that? Did he hate her that much to want to ruin her somehow? I mean... it seems there is still something else going on for him to accuse her of that. I don't believe, even without the investigation, she'd do that. But wonder what his motive was and why he wanted to "destroy" her. If that was his aim.....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3472659;
    So how many of them have not gained back substantial weight? Do tell!
    Ali looks sensational (she swears by the rowing machine, inspiring me to give it a try - I'm going to be sorry and sore tomorrow ) and Mark & Roger have both maintained their weight loss. Suzy has had 2 kids in the past 15 months so she gets a bye. Mallory & Curtis, as well as Julie, are also maintaining. Betty Sue and Matt are struggling. Jay looks a bit heavier but not substantially. Erik didn't appear live on the show but they did show a video - he has gained back 100 pounds (Matt regained 50).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3474413;
    Ali looks sensational (she swears by the rowing machine, inspiring me to give it a try - I'm going to be sorry and sore tomorrow ) and Mark & Roger have both maintained their weight loss. Suzy has had 2 kids in the past 15 months so she gets a bye. Mallory & Curtis, as well as Julie, are also maintaining. Betty Sue and Matt are struggling. Jay looks a bit heavier but not substantially. Erik didn't appear live on the show but they did show a video - he has gained back 100 pounds (Matt regained 50).
    Thanks!
    My MIL, who died recently at nearly 93 from cancer, worked out at the YWCA every day until the cancer came along--got a news story with pics from the local city paper when she was 90--and after she hurt her ankle and couldn't do aerobics she did the rowing machine. She was in great shape--could touch her hands flat on the floor. One of the news story pics had her rowing.

+ Reply to Thread