Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Premium Member

1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

We're a bit late here, but in case anyone is watching and wants to discuss tonight's show, this is the place.

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until Midnight, EST.

Thanks, we hope you're enjoying the show.

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Everyone's watching Idol, huh?

Yeah. Me too. But thanks to the magic of TiVo (I normally don't have one but am away from home this week somewhere that has one), I'm watching both shows on slight delay alternately.

One early observation on this episode. We all knew the "at home" stuff would open the episode... and of course it did. And at least two of the at homers (yellow at homer and red at homer) clearly see what I saw about going home--that it shouldn't be as much about pure weight loss vs. general conditioning (they both used the phrase "I'm gonna work on my cardio")

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Bob's blow up was awesome. It's about time he got some fire into the gym.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I'm Tivoed back a bit, but I'm looking forward to that.

Seeing the boat challenge I'm just noticing something (and casting my mind back and realizing this goes all the way back to Ali's first show). I absolutely adore her, but that version of a "Sportscaster" voice she does HAS to go. She seems to think its all about dropping all the "g"s at the end of her "ing" words, tossing in lots of extra contractions, and using the word "gonna" a lot. No dear... its not. It just makes it sound like a FAKE Sportscaster voice.

EDIT - 1 pound for Orange Boy is going to affect him less than anyone else, I think. The confessional with him talking about how much 1 pound could hurt ANYONE telegraphed him losing this contest, but not the weigh-in, I think.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-13-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Hey check it out: an aerial view of the Biggest Loser Ranch on Google Maps
    the biggest loser ranch, calabasas, ca - Google Maps

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3277053;
    Everyone's watching Idol, huh?

Yeah. Me too. But thanks to the magic of TiVo (I normally don't have one but am away from home this week somewhere that has one), I'm watching both shows on slight delay alternately.
    Actually, it appears that the majority of people are still hashing over last night's Bachelor.

I'm also recording both shows and switching back and forth, but I missed Bob's little meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3277088;
    Actually, it appears that the majority of people are still hashing over last night's Bachelor.

I'm also recording both shows and switching back and forth, but I missed Bob's little meltdown.
    About all you missed is a bunch of bleeps.

Green girl is very smart. She got hero points for giving away something she didn't really need (the phone call home) but kept the IMPORTANT thing, the immunity. Heck, she even has someone from the OTHER Trainer (Bob, she's on Team Jillian) owing her a favor.

Overall though I think this is a far "nicer" group than the last BL edition. Last time there were SO many snakes, but most of these people seem less snakey.

Because of the weird numbers Bob has a 1 person advantage right off, correct? So Jillian's folks can't have anyone under the line, right?

EDIT - Okay, Granola Eater Bob's "meltdown" was a bit overhyped. Despite Jillian's comment, I'm betting he's been madder than that.

"I'm sick of these words words words talk talk talk"
    is gonna be my new mantra though.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Premium Member

I really hate to see either one of these guys go home this soon.

I wish the slacker, Joelle would have been the one to go. I'd like to see Jerry stay but doubt that it will be that way.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast