Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Kao

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

They work out 6-8 hours a DAY!?

Oh man, if I worked out 6-8 hours a day and only lost a pound I would be bawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3277808;
    I, too, loved how they did last night's show. They got the formula absolutely right and I found myself liking the twist a bit more. I like that they are going to be showing the at home contestants. They also seemed to have quite a few segments with the trainers talking about food and exercising and they're being a bit more open with the fact that they work out 6-8 hours a day.
    Same here. I kinda warmed up to the twist a little bit after seeing the last episode.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I am such a big fan of Tara... not only does she seem like a class act but a determined and willing girl... I love it!

Please go home Joelle-- I only hope they are not setting her up for some big turnaround like Michelle had (a winner's edit). Just in case anyone asks how its different, let me explain my position: Michelle, who was initially a bit annoying, really had a serious crisis in her life (parents recently divorced, problems with mom) and was a good person who worked hard. Joelle is just full of excuses and has seemingly brought her circumstances upon herself. And p.s. Joelle-- if you do not want to live at home, get a better job or education (she mentioned she couldn't make 25k in years... seriously, what is she doing?-- I waited on tables in college (while going to school full-time!) and managed to pull roughly 15k.)

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3277261;

Tara is really likeable-- she'd be among my favorites if her teammate wasn't such a whiner. But I love the overall camaraderie with this year's group vs. last season's-- the support for Dan to make it up the hill was great to watch. And Dan saying that he'd rather take the pound than having Jerry take it... and Tara giving up the phone call... this is such a different season.
    These contestants and this season just make me so happy (minus Joelle the Lazy). I love how supportive and kind these people are to one another and it seems like the emerging criteria for voting is: who needs to be here and who has worked the hardest? I love that we are not seeing alliances and other crap yet... I teared up when they helped Dan up the mountain and tara gave her phone call away! AHHHH.. I am just so happy that these are (seemingly, I hope definitely) good, deserving people!

I'm 66 years old so I really relate to what Jerry is going through. I started really getting serious regarding cardio & weight training about three years ago (prior to brain surgey......BTW, it sucks getting old.....all kinds of things happen to your body.........but I've always said....."I'd rather be looking down at the daisies than up at at the daisies.")

On the positive side, the long term results have be remarkable. Health wise, I feel 20 years younger. I'm determined to maintain my weight control through high physical activity and sensible eating habits for the rest of my life.

As far as Joelle goes. I still have hope for her. If Bob can get into her head she'll be okay. Right now, she is "all show" and is not committed to changing her inner demons. These "inner demons" are what's making her do less than the others and to "quit" early. She has become very comfortable with these "demons" because her sub-conscious mind uses them to maintain the "lazy" attitude. Since the mind controls the body....and working out is really hard......her mind doesn't want her to do it. PLUS, if she pushes herself, her mind wants to reward her body by blaming others and eating fatty or "good tasting" food.

Joelle will come to understand this and will look great by the last show......just wait and see!
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

To the Point

This cast is sooo much more likeable than last season. What a refreshing change. Although, I have to say that it is really sad to see these folks who need this so much go home one after another. I really wish they'd have at least 2 weeks to a month before having the first elimination. It would give them more time to actually process what information is being shared so that they can actually take it with them.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i can see why they wouldn't want them to stay around in the beginning - the drama is needed. but they could keep the early eliminations around for 2-3 weeks afterwards to really teach them and give them the tools to change their lives.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

As much as I dislike Joelle's attitude. I want her to stay just long enough to get Carla back.

Plus, anyone who can get Bob that fired up deserves to stick around a bit, just for the drama.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Thank you, Joel McHale and The Soup for their Reality Clip of the Week. I got to see Bob go ballistic on Joelle. Whoa, she really pissed him off. Also, liked seeing Jillian snickering behind her hand. The thing is I don't it didn't look as if Joelle got why Bob was pissed at her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Premium Member

I just watched an extended scene of Bob's meltdown, you can see him go over to the side and looks like he is just trying to calm down because he was really ticked off at Joelle. . She is one annoying PITA.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast