Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Man, this show was good last night. I loved that the people that were sent home are getting out and exercising. Except for Dan's partners. His whole family needed help. Now why would you offer your kid a hot dog when he just came off the Biggest Loser ranch? The look on that kid's face told it all. He was doomed. It amazes when that when they show the player home life that half the family members are huge as well.

I finally figured out Joelle. She is one of those types that craves attention and is truly lazy. Mind you, she is a very pretty girl, but just plain lazy. My nick name for her is DRAMA DIVA. I was so happy to see that Carla has made a start to her own weightloss success. Man, when she finds out what was Joelle was doing, it's going to be WAR!!

I am rooting for them all, but truthfuly, Dan will be the Biggest Loser, because even if he loses 100 pounds, that's great for him.

Is anyone out there like me, gets up and run around the coffe table or do sit ups everytime the commericals comes on? Guilt exercise is the best LOL!!!

This is the first show that I was splitting my gut-to see Bob pull a "Jillian" was absolutely priceless. And Miss Noelle better watch her back., because I don't think anyone would have it. She doesn't want to let go and give it her all because she doesn't want to puke or whatever. I say, oh well, girl, you'll either give it your all or you'll go home! Bye-bye!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3277416;
    Does anyone think that bribery challenge was a jab at Vicky? Because Ali kept saying that the bribe was for the people who were in it more for the money, and last season, Vicky came off as someone who really, really, really wanted the money.

Yeah, I thought that, too. I kind of wanted Joelle to take the money, if only to see Carla's reaction when she came home. Carla would have gone off.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3277477;
    What delightful people this season. Joelle is not long for this show. The preview eludes to her having only a 2 pound loss next week but that is editing. Someone does but not Joelle.
    That was actually video of Joelle's two pound loss from this week. But showing her eating the donut wasn't good.. and they did show how angry Carla was at her, so apparently the home people get updates on those still at the ranch???

I think it's interesting that we don't get any diary sessions with the brown team. We had just a brief one at the weigh-in with Ron (the dad) and saw a brief interchange about the reasons Dan should stay.. but I don't think we've ever seen one with Mike. I was beginning to wonder if he didn't speak (I kid...) but then we heard him say "yeah" up on the scales.. and could see him in the background talking with his teammates. His DRs must be a complete snore, eh?

CCL

What did the preview show? (They didn't air the preview here, or I missed it).

What I remember is a video clip of Joelle which must have been shown to Carla where Joelle is eating a frosted donut with sprinkles and Carla going off about her partner. Then, I remember Blaine talking about how he was on 8 medications when he came to the Ranch followed by a shot of his family and then the doctor telling him they could throw all the medication away. Finally, they showed a shot of Blaine weighing in where it looked like they revealed his weigh in results which I'll put in spoiler tags
    Click to see Spoiler:
    my memory is that it showed his starting weight at 335 and his ending weight at 321
    . I'm sure I forgot something.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fan

I know I'm pretty much in the minority on this one, but I loved the twist last week and with last night's episode I love it even more. Yes, I hate that 9 of them got sent home at once, but the twist is good because it will show everyone that significant weight loss can be accomplished at home. I'm personally living proof of that, but I'm not on TV and no one has seen the struggle that I went through to lose the 144 lbs. that I've lost. In Season 3, when they sent 36 people home during the first episode, they didn't cover the "at-home" people the way it looks like they will be doing this season. I think those people sent home will provide the viewers with some powerful inspiration and hopefully convince them that they don't have to get on TBL to lose weight.

Season 7 is shaping up to be one of the best ever, and I will not waste my time on American Idol (which jumped the shark for me 2 years ago). I hated that the choice last night was between Jerry and Dan, but I think the right decision was made. I certainly would have preferred for it to be Joelle, but I love her partner, Carla, and I'd love for her to get back to the ranch. From what I can tell, there aren't really two teams. They just happen to be training with different trainers. Last night's show was one of the best in this show's history. Bob's meltdown was classic and long overdue. When he said that he was possessed by Jillian, I laughed out loud because I had already said the same thing myself.

Marilyn

I, too, loved how they did last night's show. They got the formula absolutely right and I found myself liking the twist a bit more. I like that they are going to be showing the at home contestants. They also seemed to have quite a few segments with the trainers talking about food and exercising and they're being a bit more open with the fact that they work out 6-8 hours a day.

I think they are still considered teams, but last night they had them weigh in differently because it just so happened that the last three people that finished the challenge made for the most dramatic weigh-in.

I also loved the look on Bob's face when Kristin mentioned that she was going to do the Bob dance after her weigh-in.

Did he not know he had a dance named for him?

CCL

Thanks for the preview information Mariner.

Congrats on your weight loss Momat40Pls/Marilyn.

I liked Kristin doing the Bob dance, too. I like Kristin quite a bit.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast