Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I am not loving the twist - but I guess since two people get eliminated the first night anyway - this at least keeps them some hope of being in the game.

I don't think it benefits anyone to not lost the weight b/c they would a month behind everyone else on their weight loss so while it might benefit them in eliminations - it might not in the long run - plus they might base the first week eliminations on total weight loss to that point or give immunity to the person who lost the most weight at home. There are ways they can make it so it is not a good idea not to do the work at home and then they would be really sorry they didn't lose the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3268346;
    Man, Allison sure did lose that baby fat or was this filmed before her pregnancy? I'm soo confused......
    Ali's baby is due on January 20th (I watch Days of our Lives and she is big on there!) The show started filming about 4 months ago so we are seeing her at 4 months - so she will get bigger as filming goes and then be small at the finale!! It was funny to see her so small last night.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3268855;
    I am not loving the twist - but I guess since two people get eliminated the first night anyway - this at least keeps them some hope of being in the game.

I don't think it benefits anyone to not lost the weight b/c they would a month behind everyone else on their weight loss so while it might benefit them in eliminations - it might not in the long run - plus they might base the first week eliminations on total weight loss to that point or give immunity to the person who lost the most weight at home. There are ways they can make it so it is not a good idea not to do the work at home and then they would be really sorry they didn't lose the weight.

Ali's baby is due on January 20th (I watch Days of our Lives and she is big on there!) The show started filming about 4 months ago so we are seeing her at 4 months - so she will get bigger as filming goes and then be small at the finale!! It was funny to see her so small last night.
    Cape good to see you back, I was a lurker last year on the Bachelor boards.... so can we assume that both Season 6 and Season 7 were filming pretty much at the same time? When I saw the BL Finale in December, Ali was quite "large" and looked like she wasn't going to last much longer - LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3268832;
    Well said, nosilla. Added to that... Estella and Jerry actually came in third out of the ten teams weighing in! Not too shabby and not too risky of a pick after all, eh?
    THANK YOU. Exactly!

Didn't one of the contestents have gastric bypass surgery and then gained all the weight back? Which one?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3268942;
    Didn't one of the contestents have gastric bypass surgery and then gained all the weight back? Which one?
    Brown team father, I think his name is Ron. The doctor mentioned that he'd lost a lot of weight and asked him how big the doctors had told him his stomach was after the stomach by-pass. He said that his stomach was approximately the size of an egg. The BL doctor then commented that even with the gastric by-pass he still managed to gain all that weight back again and that the surgery wasn't a panacea.

I happen to agree, one of my friends had a gastric by-pass done about two years ago, and was told by her doctors that recidivision rates are extremely high and that in many cases repeat surgeries are necessary!

I wonder why the purple team picked Bob. Possibly some producer manipulation to try and get Bob to win? Because in all honesty, there's really no reason to pick Bob over Jillian. She's almost always come out on top when competing against Bob, only losing to him last season when Heba won the at-home challenge.

I've already stated that I hate the twist, and here's why:

A few players who were eliminated in the first week, like Jenn from S3 and Stacey from S6, have already shown that losing the weight at home is possible. So why must the producers feel the need to send home that many people to prove their point again? This a reality show created for entertainment, but these people don't go on this show to become the next reality TV star. They try out for the show to get healthy, to lose the weight, and to hopefully live a better life, and a maximum of four people can possibly not do any of this without the sufficient training from Bob or Jillian. Even though Jenn and Stacey have lost the weight, there were much more first-vote-offs who didn't lose as much weight as the others: Lynn & Jenni from S5, Amber from S4, and Adam from S6, to name a few. These people need help now, and they need to stay on the ranch to get that help.

They should just cut the couples format and go back to singles. That way, a twist like this will never happen again.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing CG. Who on earth would pick Bob over Jillian?!?! But I suppose I'm a bit biased. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillian!!! I suppose some might think she's too tough and they wouldn't want someone yelling at them like she does. But that is actually WHY I would pick her. I would need someone to kick my butt into gear! I'm glad she has Tara at least, since she's my fav so far!

I also agree that they should go back to singles.

I was curious too as to why the purple team picked Bob over Jillian.I couldn't see any advantages to that seeing as Bob is just as tough(if not tougher) than Jillian is.I would pick Jillian because I would know that she could get my butt in gear.

I[/QUOTE]e already stated that I hate the twist, and here's why:

A few players who were eliminated in the first week, like Jenn from S3 and Stacey from S6, have already shown that losing the weight at home is possible. So why must the producers feel the need to send home that many people to prove their point again? This a reality show created for entertainment, but these people don't go on this show to become the next reality TV star. They try out for the show to get healthy, to lose the weight, and to hopefully live a better life, and a maximum of four people can possibly not do any of this without the sufficient training from Bob or Jillian. Even though Jenn and Stacey have lost the weight, there were much more first-vote-offs who didn't lose as much weight as the others: Lynn & Jenni from S5, Amber from S4, and Adam from S6, to name a few. These people need help now, and they need to stay on the ranch to get that help.

They should just cut the couples format and go back to singles. That way, a twist like this will never happen again.[/QUOTE]

I agree...why send people home? Let them stay on the ranch and learn to eat healthy and exercise....not a twist that makes sense in my opinion.....

I am one of the people that actually likes the twist and it will be interesting to see who is actually going to be able to come back.

As for Carla and Joelle, I think that Carla was looking at as the best way to get both of them healthy. From the edit I think than Carla knew that Joelle would just talk her way out of exercising at home and that she wanted both of them to be able to become healthy. Carla has the determination to do it on her own, but Joelle would falter.

As for who would pick Bob over Jillian. I know that would if I had the choice. At this point I don't think either of them is an "easy" choice for a trainer and he has always been my favorite.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Closed Thread