Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;3267674;
    Please don't yell at these contestants Jillian and Bob!
    I feel, think that the trainers are pushing the contestants too hard. These people are not used to exercising, are over weight, you cannot push them this hard, it takes time to build up stamina.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3268430;
    I feel, think that the trainers are pushing the contestants too hard. These people are not used to exercising, are over weight, you cannot push them this hard, it takes time to build up stamina.
    That may be the case, but some of them are so used to making excuses for themselves and whining that they "can't" do it, that it becomes a way of life for them.

I was that way 4 years ago, I made excuses not to exercise. I've been going to the gym now three times a week for the past 4 years, you have no idea how much better I feel in myself.

Yelling may be the only way to get thru to them. I don't like it either, but with the amount of weight they are carrying its only a matter of time before they implode - they are walking time bombs.

FORT Fan

I hate the twist and was really ticked about it. If they could all do this at home- wouldn't they have already done it and not be needing TBL to begin with? How stupid is that? It rips off the contestants as well. Ugh- I'm so mad!
    Anyway, as someone asked about Allison- I believe during this filming she was in early pregnancy as she is showing a little bit. At the finale a few weeks ago she was 8 months along. They were doing this show while airing the last season. (I believe)

well, i will happily stand alone and say i LIKE the twist. TBL is not some magic solution. neither is gastric bypass (hello ron), or anything else. they are tools. making healthy choices is something they ALL can do at home and lose some of those starting pounds. no sodas or alcohol for a while, strictly limited sweets & fats, and getting their butts up off the couch even for a daily walk will knock a good chunk off a 300-lb person. the "controlled environment" does nothing but enforce a little willpower.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3268464;
    well, i will happily stand alone and say i LIKE the twist. TBL is not some magic solution. neither is gastric bypass (hello ron), or anything else. they are tools. making healthy choices is something they ALL can do at home and lose some of those starting pounds. no sodas or alcohol for a while, strictly limited sweets & fats, and getting their butts up off the couch even for a daily walk will knock a good chunk off a 300-lb person. the "controlled environment" does nothing but enforce a little willpower.

Then why have the show at all? Might as well send them all home, with your advice, and cancel this season.

I'm sure this "twist" on the first week is not going to be the last we'll see. It's going to be a great season with many likable contestants.
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

I suspect that we weren't told everything about the twist. The contestants who were sent home are probably being given exercise machines, guidance and oversight - they are just not living at the ranch. I'm sure there'll be a further twist about bringing someone back who lost the most at home whether or not the partner made it to the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3268270;
    The big question, why did Jillian choose the oldest couple for her first choice? She is competitive and fierce so it was not a decision born from her heart. She has stratedgy in mind. It eludes me. Any guesses?
    Personally, I thought this was an incredibly compassionate choice that Jillian made, and my opinion of her went up about 500 %. Estella just had the scare of her life seeing her husband collapse in front of her. Given the fact that she and Jerry are twice the age of the other contestants, they already feel like outcasts as "the old ones". And to top it off, Estella was alone. And here comes Jillian who picked her IMMEDIATELY without HESITATING, making Estella feel wanted and included. If she was the last one to be picked, it would have been a devastating blow on an already horrible day. I'm only 33, but I see how older people in this culture get ignored and disregarded.

So I say go JILLIAN! Best choice she ever could have made. Jillian doesn't seem to sacrifice integrity for the sake of winning the game. And ironically, she usually does end up training the winner Poetic justice...

Well said, nosilla. Added to that... Estella and Jerry actually came in third out of the ten teams weighing in! Not too shabby and not too risky of a pick after all, eh?

CCL

And I do think Jillian's heart influences her decisions at times, and it may have come into play when she was choosing Estella. She has shown she cares deeply about her team members, wanting to delve into their psyches etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Closed Thread