+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

Re: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3316343;
    Anyone who has spent years trying to lose weight and keep it off knows that the most important thing to control (and also the hardest) is the brain. You can do gastric bypass, you can take pills, you can do hypnosis or whatever else you can think of, but ultimately you have to change your MIND. When I weighed over 300 lbs. I seriously considered weight loss surgery, but then I realized I had to change my lifestyle anyway, so why not just change and skip the surgery. But my lifestyle change didn't have anything to do with figuring out why I was obese. That was easy. I like to eat. But, almost five years and 145 lbs later, I can honestly say that I don't miss all of the stuff I used to eat. I don't want it anymore, because I know that one taste is all it will take to put me on the path back to 300 lbs. If Ron wants to lose and keep it off, he will have to come to the point where he is ready to make that sacrifice.

And I also have to say that all of Bob's discussion with Mike on last night's show made me both sad and mad. Bob put the weight of the world on Mike's shoulders by declaring that he had to get a big loss to keep his dad there because his dad can't do it at home. Well, they all have to go home sometime. Ron knows everything he needs to know to lose weight. Whether he chooses to change his life and keep it off is Ron's responsibility and not his 18-year-old son's. I like Bob, but I really wanted to strangle him last night. Mike's dealing with enough of his own guilt without Bob adding to it!
    Hey--congrats! That is awesome! I know several people who just opted for the 'easy' route and had the surgery (and I know one in particular was just to lazy to change her habits). With Ron, at least, we can see how those surgeries can backfire. Congrats again!

Bob's little speech to mike was ridiculous--sure, press upon him the staggering weight of both himself and his father-- an 18 yr old boy who is already struggling can surely handle that too. Way to go, stupid. Thats another reason why I prefer Jillian over Bob-it just seems like Bob goes overboard with trying to beat Jillian..trying to influence the game (telling them who to vote for) and pressuring the contestants -- Mike. You don't see Jillian pulling Tara outside saying 'now you have to do everything for both you and your partner!' Instead, she is working with Tara's partner more!

While I love these two, I was sad to hear that they need to stay and learn as much as they can and take what they learned back to the 16yo at home.

Ron has known that he has a problem. I am disappointed to learn that he has at least 2 teenage sons with his problem.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3311738;
    People of color have an advantage--their fat is much easier on the eyes than pasty white stuff!

This is my first post but have been reading for a couple seasons now.

Just wanted to say this made me chuckle. Fat does look better dark/tan.
    LOL That's funny. I was just thinking a few days ago that being dark makes my cellulite more noticeable. I guess it's just unfortunate no matter how you look at it. Ok maybe my fat isn't that bad but I cross the line with my cellulite.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3318086;
    Hey--congrats! That is awesome! I know several people who just opted for the 'easy' route and had the surgery (and I know one in particular was just to lazy to change her habits). With Ron, at least, we can see how those surgeries can backfire. Congrats again!
    Thanks! I do have to say, though, that I have never thought that gastric bypass was the easy route. The people I know personally who've had the surgery still struggle with their eating, and of the dozen or so people that I know personally or know about who've done it, only one has kept the weight off. This just shows that when it comes to significant weight loss, there is no EASY button. It's blood, sweat and tears every day and reminding yourself that you are worth the sacrifice.

Marilyn

FORT Fanatic

Not to mention the cost! I live in Canada and work at a doctors office and lap band surgery is $14,000!

Raise your (virtual) hand if you've lost almost all respect for Ron the past few episodes?

I mean from a pure strategic/winning the money standpoint his little sobfests to keep himself and his kid around are smart. But from the perspective of keeping ANY personal dignity? At all?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

CCL

Where's the virtual hand smilie when you need it? I guess I'm going to have to go with the one for Krom's comments.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

<--- my virtual hand. Although I do believe that it's all founded on protecting his child at all costs. And I can still honor that, as silly as it comes across. I didn't like the deliberation conversation that we were shown this week, but I have to hope that that was highly edited just to show a point.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3351793;
    Raise your (virtual) hand if you've lost almost all respect for Ron the past few episodes?

I mean from a pure strategic/winning the money standpoint his little sobfests to keep himself and his kid around are smart. But from the perspective of keeping ANY personal dignity? At all?
    I'll raise my (virtual) hand although I'm not sure I had much respect for him to begin with. I never really cared too much about him and thought he always sounded sanctimonious. However; it has definitely gotten worse.

Count me in- in fact, two hands in the air.

+ Reply to Thread